oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull (A) 1-2 (Assombalonga)

Hull v Boro

Details

Teams – Hull v Middlesbrough

Location – The Tiger King Stadium

Competition – The Championship (only just)

Date – Thur 2nd July 2020

Kick off – 17:00

Introduction

Hi.

The Last Games

Boro: Stoke 0 – 2 Boro

Boro beat the toothless Stoke 2-0 with goals from Fletcher and a peach of a strike from Tavernier. Jack Butland could only jump up and down and have a strange little tantrum as he watched both goals fly past him. Warnock’s Boro looked a lot more confident and refused to give up their lead, despite several gilt-edged chances for the toothless stoke, who made Boro look clinical in comparison.  

Hull: Birmingham 3 – 3 Hull

Hull had a high scoring draw with mid table Birmingham and twice let their lead slip. Hull were 2 up at half time thanks to early goals from ‘Reserve player 1’ and ‘Reserve player 2’. Birmingham’s Gary Gardner pruned the advantage to 1 soon after half time. After Crowley had equalised for Brum, the auto-generated football manager player Herbie Kane scored for Hull. Then Gardner weeded out a third goal.

Form (League only - most recent last)

Boro: LW

Hull: LD

The View From The Other Side

Hull City don’t seem to have a forum so dunno…

The Un(ger)-Official Match Preview

Boro should be looking to take advantage of Hull-light for another 3 points on Thursday. Warnock will have had a few more days to work with the team and we will surely win 3-1!  If the tigers go down this season, they are sure to never financially recover from this...

Those still at work, be sure to start saying you feel a bit peaky at ~3pm, then get sent home ill at ~4pm so you can make it home in time to watch the match at 5pm.

Graphs.

Graph 1. The last 5 Boro manager’s win rates. As you can clearly see from this data, Warnock is twice as good a manager as Karanka and is on track to win the Champions league with Boro if he keeps up his win rate.

791782855_Graph1.thumb.jpg.55b26fb2d4a4e0a424ab08f5918bfcb8.jpg

Graph 2. This graph shows the number of remaining games over the season. As you can see, the number of remaining games tends to drop over the season.

153292456_graph2.thumb.jpg.1e014066e1504fa136a8350c294ebb29.jpg

Graph 3. This graph explores what wavelengths of light Stoke player nick Powell could see throughout the game on Saturday. As you can see, Powell looked to the sky in despair each time the Boro scored.

1632179100_Graph3.thumb.jpg.b5a4e759816593cbfc804ceccaa90361.jpg

Farewell

• Like 4
  • Haha 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hull v Boro Details Teams – Hull v Middlesbrough Location – The Tiger King Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Thur 2nd July 2020 Kick off – 17:00

I'm hoping for three more points here. Biggest thing that stood out to me about Warnock was how much fun he seemed to be having. He also made a point of praising the front three. Was it any coincidenc

I'm actually looking forward to games again. You know whatever happens, that the players will have been given a solid foundation to work on and will try. Warnock's brutal honesty combined with all his

Posted Images

Sorry BU but in the last graph you’re not taking into account the games when we sneak into the playoffs 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I expect the same XI that started against Stoke to start against Hull, barring any injuries.

There's probably good arguments for Coulson and Moukudi to come in for Johnson and Friend but both played well enough and I wouldn't change a winning team

I might be in minority but i expect him to rotate as he said we will need all our players and not just those that start.

I expect he might rest Roberts as maybe does not want him to play him too much too soon. Albeit he has 5 days rest so could start v Hull and be rested v QPR 3 days later.

Caught up with match this morning am not overly convinced by Friend at CB in a back 4. Everything he did seemed a bit last ditch. Rather Harold and Fry were CBs.

Yeah,a lot to be said for not changing a winning team, i just think Coulson give us an energy & drives the team forward, The pubs that serve food can open tomorrow in the Republic Of Ireland,Think i might be feeling a bit peckish about 5pm on Thursday!

Hull got Spirit but can be got at the back, Id start the same team for continuity aside from maybe put Coulson on the bench for another good option off the bench if we need to change it. Warnock got another few days to work with this squad, if he can get that back 4 improved on even the stoke game that would be brilliant, might just be the difference between the sides. 

Friend gives us a left footed centre back. I think that is a huge advantage.

I'd play this team

Stojanovic

Coulson

Friend

Fry

Spence

Howson

McNair

Wing

Tavernier

Britt

Fletcher

Be interesting when the games start coming thick and fast whether Friend, Shotton etc last the pace.

Spence, Coulson, Tav, Wing, Fletcher I think will play pretty much every game in some way.

Friend, Shotton, Howson, Britt, Roberts and Johnson will be in and out I think.

As I kinds touched on the Stoke thread, I think Hull will look and see Spence as the back post target and that will form their game plan. Wouldnt be averse to seeing Shotton at RB for this reason. I am a fan of Spence but he needs to learn how to deal with scenarios where he isnt the bigger stronger lad and we really need to not lose this game.

• Like 2

With Warnock the Boro might finally win on sky this week as I'm pretty sure we have lost or drawn every game that's been televised this season.  Regarding the team expect to see the same side but with Tav, Coulson starting

Is Dijksteel still injured? Spence really struggled aerially on Saturday so I think Warnock is going to be looking for another option there unless he improves that area of his game.

Also, are our returning loaned out players Bola and Walker allowed to play in our remaining games?

Edited by p_mards
40 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Is Dijksteel still injured? Spence really struggled aerially on Saturday so I think Warnock is going to be looking for another option there unless he improves that area of his game.

Also, are our returning loaned out players Bola and Walker allowed to play in our remaining games?

I’m sure I saw Dijksteel back in the training photos on Tuesday. 

23 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Apparently Hull struggle with set pieces, so this could be an area Warnock may think we can trouble them on. We looked dangerous a few times from set pieces at Stoke who are a pretty big side

All about the delivery for me. I think any team can be a threat from set pieces if they are taken well. Roberts and Wing both took some nice in-swingers against Stoke.