oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull (A) 1-2 (Assombalonga)

3 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I’m sure I saw Dijksteel back in the training photos on Tuesday. 

Just checked there, he's not in the ones on the club site.

Must be a very unfortunate injury.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hull v Boro Details Teams – Hull v Middlesbrough Location – The Tiger King Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Thur 2nd July 2020 Kick off – 17:00

I'm hoping for three more points here. Biggest thing that stood out to me about Warnock was how much fun he seemed to be having. He also made a point of praising the front three. Was it any coincidenc

I'm actually looking forward to games again. You know whatever happens, that the players will have been given a solid foundation to work on and will try. Warnock's brutal honesty combined with all his

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Just checked there, he's not in the ones on the club site.

Must be a very unfortunate injury.

07946D86-8401-4453-BCBB-1C44D0188633.png
Sorry about the crap quality, dunno why it’s gone fuzzy. But it’s deffo him.

Not really sure what to expect from Warnock. Maybe a similar team, but with a bit of rotation in it?

i am concerned that Britt and Fletcher are our main strikers who will have to play a lot of games in a short space of time to fire us to safety. I don’t really rate Nmecha but we might have to use him at some point, the last thing we need is fletch or Britt getting injured. 

I agree about Spence at RB, he is good going forward but got lucky a few times at the back. I don’t think Hull are that good in the air so we should be okay with him there. 

I’d go for, 

Dejan

Spence Fry Moukoudi Friend 

Roberts Saville Howson Coulson 

Britt Fletcher 

With the perilous positions of both teams I believe that we could see a very fast paced game because first goal will be vital and will certainly allow quite an open game, maybe similar to when Hull played at our gaff.

What I do know that right now THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON.................so far!!!!!!!! and is applicable to both teams.

Had it not been for Covid I understand that Hull City FC were going to erect a huge flashing neon sign stating "Huge Massive Game Here Tonight" on the main approach road to Hull with finger pointers stratigically placed as you got nearer the ground.

But as fans are not allowed the club decided it was not worth tempting persons and fans to try and sneak into the game so they decided to just put up lamp post posters on any lamp post which was displaying someones missing cat instead! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't want Spence in the team. Hes literally the only player we have with pace. Yes hes still learning the defensive positioning side of the game but hes not going to do that stuck on the bench.

What he gives us in a attacking sense is far more positive than his lack of defensive nous is a negative.

• Like 2

I think we need an unchanged team for this one. There's been 5 days rest so that shouldn't be a problem. This is a huge game. The following game is at home against a team that has more or less nothing to play for, so that should be an "easier" fixture to make some changes in.

• Like 1

Another vote for an unchanged team. The players might actually have some confidence in their veins after Saturday, so let's take that into the Hull game. Warnock knows how to make effective tactical subs, as he showed with Tav, so perhaps he can bring Coulson on later in the game.

If we are going to play Spence, he definitely needs someone who can drop back and cover him. But that caveat aside, he adds something to our team nobody else does - the ability to take the ball upfield at sufficient pace to give opposing defenders flashbacks to Traore.

Great post as usual BU! Always a pleasure to read your matchday threads.

A little nervous, given that Hull seem to have discovered how to score again (if not win). Hopefully Warnock will be watching the game footage to figure out how to negate their goal threats.

As a few others have said, I hope and expect he will keep the starting lineup the same, barring injuries, tactical necessity etc.

Hull will have taken some positives from their game, after an awful run of defeats, but Boro should be bouncing after our win. This is a great opportunity to bag another 3 points and I will be disappointed if we don't make it 2 on the bounce.

Prediction: Hull 1 - 2 Boro

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I think with the quick fire fixtures we've got that we should be making 2/3 changes to try and keep the squad fresh.

It's only starts to get quickfire after the Hull game.

3 matches in 19 days isn't a huge amount. They had 3 months off before the first match, then a week before the second, and they'll have had 5 days before the Hull match.

He should put out whatever he thinks is the strongest side, this next match is the one that is the most important to win.

• Like 1

Personally I think we field our strongest team. If that’s what we Fielded on Saturday then we go again with the same lineup. We effectively have a World Cup competition whereas it is 100% about the result and momentum  is key and needs establishing at haste. 
Only change I could see is maybe bring Wing in for his delivery of set pieces but who in midfield would you drop? Not Roberts as his delivery got us a goal, normally I’d say Saville but he played well.

At some point in the future we will have to make changes but only for injury/fatigue not tactical just now imo 

• Like 1

I don’t think Wing is strong enough to be one of the box to box midfielders. If we play Howson as deep lying MF and Roberts as our attacking MF, I don’t think there’s a place for Wing in our best 11. 

We need to win this one. Hull went 2 up against Birmingham (who don't really have much to play for) and let that lead slip. They then went 3-2 up and again let the lead slip.

I'd keep the same team, unless there are injuries, with the exception of maybe bring Coulson into the LW position if he's fully fit. 

2-0 to us. UTB!