• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hull v Boro Details Teams – Hull v Middlesbrough Location – The Tiger King Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Thur 2nd July 2020 Kick off – 17:00

I'm hoping for three more points here. Biggest thing that stood out to me about Warnock was how much fun he seemed to be having. He also made a point of praising the front three. Was it any coincidenc

I'm actually looking forward to games again. You know whatever happens, that the players will have been given a solid foundation to work on and will try. Warnock's brutal honesty combined with all his

Posted Images

We can't afford to concede early here. I have faith in us scoring but not coming from behind. I think if Hull started and got the early goals like they did against Birmingham, I don't think we are currently capable of turning it around. A point will be OK but a win would be brilliant. Although as it is its one of those games where any result can happen based on both teams form.

• Like 1

I think if we win this one it relegates Hull. They are on a slippery slope and the Brum comebacks must be playing on their minds. We have to go all out and put them to bed.
2-0 win for the Boro.

• Like 1

I hope we win this one but will be happy with anything other than defeat. 

Yes we will have a game plan but weather we’ve had enough time to rehearse and implement it is another question. Also hope we cut out some of the defensive errors as we won’t get away with the chances that stoke missed again

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I hope we win this one but will be happy with anything other than defeat. 

Yes we will have a game plan but weather we’ve had enough time to rehearse and implement it is another question. Also hope we cut out some of the defensive errors as we won’t get away with the chances that stoke missed again

It sounded like we had a game plan on Saturday, the commentary were talking about us deliberately targeting their centre backs with balls into the channels. 

It doesn't have to be complex but if we've done our homework we'll hopefully see a few things we can exploit. 

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

It sounded like we had a game plan on Saturday, the commentary were talking about us deliberately targeting their centre backs with balls into the channels. 

It doesn't have to be complex but if we've done our homework we'll hopefully see a few things we can exploit. 

Even if basic, it was probably the first attacking plan the players have seen since Monk (not saying Monk's was a good plan but still...). 

I listened to Crouch's podcast and he confirmed that Pulis drills the defence and midfield in training then sends the forwards off on their own. He expects them to figure attacking out themselves. 

Woody I think showed the players Match of the Day and told them to be like Liverpool - jobs a good'un.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Even if basic, it was probably the first attacking plan the players have seen since Monk (not saying Monk's was a good plan but still...). 

I listened to Crouch's podcast and he confirmed that Pulis drills the defence and midfield in training then sends the forwards off on their own. He expects them to figure attacking out themselves. 

Woody I think showed the players Match of the Day and told them to be like Liverpool - jobs a good'un.

I remember someone posting on here that they sat near the dugout one game and could hear Pulis shouting to the team 'just get it to Adama'. Maybe that was the extent of his attacking coaching. 

With Woodgate it's hard to tell what the plan was really, we started the season with a high press, then went back to Pulis tactics. We had a bit of success over Christmas with the young players playing then we lost our way again completely. 

I'm sure most managers have an idea about how they want to play, the best just know how to get it across to the players. I think that was Monks problem. 

I expect Warnock will be more in the Pulis mould with getting the team organised and keeping things simple, hopefully with just a bit of creativity added to the good organisation. 

• Like 1

I'm hoping for three more points here. Biggest thing that stood out to me about Warnock was how much fun he seemed to be having. He also made a point of praising the front three. Was it any coincidence that we saw Britt's best game for a while? We looked organized, committed and purposeful. Football is a simple game sometimes, and I think we should be ok against Hull with a simple, straightforward approach. 

• Like 5

I think we need to reign in the optimism just a little bit, besides its not something we are used to over the last few years. Most of us wouldn't have been surprised to lose at Stoke and a draw would have been great, the win was a huge injection of positivism and belief but Hull will be scrapping for survival or at least they should be.

As a Club they are in disarray but we weren't much better before Warnock arrived and in just a week contracts have been agreed, extended or ended and everything seems a lot more organised and controlled. Hull seem to be caught in two minds and don't know whether to stick with or sack McCann (along with half their squad). That would seem the ideal time to strike but some of those Hull players will be playing in the hope of attracting their next contract away from the Allam Asylum possibly with Middlesbrough or any other Club they play against in the run in. 

On paper I think where we are now compared with two weeks ago is a massive advantage. Our squad is better than it has performed to date which now under Warnock's tutelage should be enough for at least a draw down there but the Championship is the Championship like Luton winning at Swansea etc. strange unexpected things can happen. My heart says we win by two or three goals but my head says don't be surprised to get a wake up call. The opening twenty minutes I think will dictate how things pan out.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think we need to reign in the optimism just a little bit, besides its not something we are used to over the last few years. Most of us wouldn't have been surprised to lose at Stoke and a draw would have been great, the win was a huge injection of positivism and belief but Hull will be scrapping for survival or at least they should be.

As a Club they are in disarray but we weren't much better before Warnock arrived and in just a week contracts have been agreed, extended or ended and everything seems a lot more organised and controlled. Hull seem to be caught in two minds and don't know whether to stick with or sack McCann (along with half their squad). That would seem the ideal time to strike but some of those Hull players will be playing in the hope of attracting their next contract away from the Allam Asylum possibly with Middlesbrough or any other Club they play against in the run in. 

On paper I think where we are now compared with two weeks ago is a massive advantage. Our squad is better than it has performed to date which now under Warnock's tutelage should be enough for at least a draw down there but the Championship is the Championship like Luton winning at Swansea etc. strange unexpected things can happen. My heart says we win by two or three goals but my head says don't be surprised to get a wake up call. The opening twenty minutes I think will dictate how things pan out.

Always healthy with a bit of reality 🙂 Under Woodgate I would have expected us to be outfought and looking clueless. But it's different under Warnock. Not just on the back of a win but because Warnock has shown enough in his career that his teams are usually well drilled and have some fight about them. The way he saved Rotherham from the drop a few years ago was almost like a fairytale.

I'm not expecting a win here, as Hull will be fighting too, but I believe we now have enough about us to at least get a draw. Warnock is clever enough to have spotted Hulls strengths and weaknesses and will have that drilled into the squad over these days. That's something I never believed Woodgate could do.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Always healthy with a bit of reality 🙂 Under Woodgate I would have expected us to be outfought and looking clueless. But it's different under Warnock. Not just on the back of a win but because Warnock has shown enough in his career that his teams are usually well drilled and have some fight about them. The way he saved Rotherham from the drop a few years ago was almost like a fairytale.

I'm not expecting a win here, as Hull will be fighting too, but I believe we now have enough about us to at least get a draw. Warnock is clever enough to have spotted Hulls strengths and weaknesses and will have that drilled into the squad over these days. That's something I never believed Woodgate could do.

I think (or at least hope) that under Warnock we will now be the team that we should have been all season, not running away with the title but at least lower Play Off level. We of course can't make the Play Offs but if we play at that level it should see us steer clear of danger and lay good foundations for next season providing that Warnock is happy for another go. Bringing his back room staff up here with him would suggest that maybe there is reason for optimism that Warnock has planned for a longer visit than eight games. Even if we went down he would still be the one I would want to take us straight back up.