• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hull v Boro Details Teams – Hull v Middlesbrough Location – The Tiger King Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Thur 2nd July 2020 Kick off – 17:00

I'm hoping for three more points here. Biggest thing that stood out to me about Warnock was how much fun he seemed to be having. He also made a point of praising the front three. Was it any coincidenc

I'm actually looking forward to games again. You know whatever happens, that the players will have been given a solid foundation to work on and will try. Warnock's brutal honesty combined with all his

Posted Images

Sheff Wed apparently not paid their players. That plus a potential points deduction could really mess with their plans. Players can refuse to play if not paid I believe.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations to Wigan who are now safe. Incredible run they been on.

Think whilst Brum and Reading been on poor runs they are probs just about safe needing a win each but they will be nerveous but imo they safe.

I think its 3 from 7. Luton Barnsley Hudds Stoke Charlton and ourselves.

So hope we win on Thursday to give us a 5pt cushion on bottom 3rd which will be Hudd or Hull if we beat latter.

COME ON BORO.

• Like 1

Does anyone think any of the young strikers will get in the squad now? Britt and Fletcher cannot play every minute of every game. I wonder if Walker and O'Neill will get a look in.

3 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Does anyone think any of the young strikers will get in the squad now? Britt and Fletcher cannot play every minute of every game. I wonder if Walker and O'Neill will get a look in.

I dont think so. Think Nmecha 3rd choice but i feel Warnock will try and get as much as he can from Fletcher and Britt until we are mathematically safe. I get its important to rotate squad but that will need be balanced to making sure your best players are on the pitch in these last 7 critical games

I think Warnock mentioned you need players willing to go to trenches right now in reference to telling Rudy he can go if he not committed. And that is where we are at now. Every player needs to give blood sweat and tears to ensure we stay in this league. And in some cases play with a slight niggle when ordinarily you might not.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rioch's Braves said:

In what way were Stoke unlucky, missing chances isn't unlucky, we also put some excellent blocks and tackles in, to keep them out. Spence made some excellent runs going forward,  Saville should have scored, and Britt arguably should have had a penalty bundled over with no attempt to play the ball. We played some good football for the 1st time in a long time. I think your the only Boro fan I know who doesn't think we deserved to win. Their player was also sent off in frustration after they ran out of ideas. Everyone to their own opinion but we've obviously watched an entirely different game. 

Watch the highlights again. Our defense is at sixes and sevens for all of their significant chances.

On 3 occasions we left players free on the box to get off shots at goal. Dejan makes 2 good saves but he wouldnt have been able to do anything if McCleans header was on target or if Ince chose to touch the ball. It was their bad decisions that stopped them scoring not good defending or pressure from our players.

Make those mistakes against other teams and they might not be so kind.

Wow, Wigan's run in is great in comparison to most. Maybe they really are all but confirmed out of the picture, though there is a potential for teams to drag them back into it too because of who they're playing.

It's interesting, this season is already joining 2016/17 as one of the outliers of recent years in terms of highest relegated points tally. 6/7 left to play and Huddersfield's 42 points is higher than every other season since 2013/14, Doncaster's 44.

And unlike 16/17, there isn't currently a team miles behind at the bottom, any team in the bottom 3 could definitely still survive. Right now it doesn't even look like it'd be a huge shock if all the bottom 3 survive and one or more of the teams who felt pretty safe, like QPR or Reading, get dragged into the picture. They're in the bottom 5 of the form table since the return from lockdown despite playing all 3 games, Barnsley and Luton are in the top 7, despite being the current bottom 2.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

Watch the highlights again. Our defense is at sixes and sevens for all of their significant chances.

On 3 occasions we left players free on the box to get off shots at goal. Dejan makes 2 good saves but he wouldnt have been able to do anything if McCleans header was on target or if Ince chose to touch the ball. It was their bad decisions that stopped them scoring not good defending or pressure from our players.

Make those mistakes against other teams and they might not be so kind.

We deserved to win but this is all true. Stoke couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, they made themselves look like chumps on a few occasions. If they could finish chances, they could have won the game regardless of how much they deserved to or not. But then we did have missed chances and did make some good goal line blocks too as RB mentions.

• Like 2

Its been a long time since I actually looked forward to a game with a day and bit to go, but this one I am actually excited too see what Warnock does next and can we get the win which would give us a cushion over bottom 3, probably dump Hull into the bottom 3 in the process. No matter what the result I am sure we are going too see a really hard working team that will fight for the win, which is great too see. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, edinboro said:

Sheff Wed apparently not paid their players. That plus a potential points deduction could really mess with their plans. Players can refuse to play if not paid I believe.

Wow didn't know that, incredible for m Sheffield wednesday, wouldn't want them to go down it's a good away day 

11 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

We deserved to win but this is all true. Stoke couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, they made themselves look like chumps on a few occasions. If they could finish chances, they could have won the game regardless of how much they deserved to or not. But then we did have missed chances and did make some good goal line blocks too as RB mentions.

Stoke are in freefall last nights results clearly show that and will get very desperate as games pass by.

We were the better team and deserved the win, warts and all!

45 minutes ago, thomas said:

Its been a long time since I actually looked forward to a game with a day and bit to go, but this one I am actually excited too see what Warnock does next and can we get the win which would give us a cushion over bottom 3, probably dump Hull into the bottom 3 in the process. No matter what the result I am sure we are going too see a really hard working team that will fight for the win, which is great too see. 

In one game Warnock has at least given us fans some belief again and with his persona will surely have made the players realise they are no longer under the care and attention of JW and his way is not the Warnock way

I honestly think that he will insist that we attack from the get go and get Hull on the back foot as soon as possible.

What a boost another win would be and probably better for us that we are away from home

12 hours ago, edinboro said:

Only if absolutely necessary...or by some miracle we find ourselves cruising through a game.

I don't see them starting, but they could see some action from the bench, to help keep Britt & Fletcher fresh.

18 minutes ago, Thor said:

Wow didn't know that, incredible for m Sheffield wednesday, wouldn't want them to go down it's a good away day 

Welcome to the forum Thor and I hope that we can "hammer" Hull now that you have joined us😀

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Only if absolutely necessary...or by some miracle we find ourselves cruising through a game.

I don't see them starting, but they could see some action from the bench, to help keep Britt & Fletcher fresh.

It would seem that Gestedde has written a grovelling apology letter and has asked if he can come back to Neil Warnock but I understand that it has not been accepted upon the instructions of the tea lady!

• Haha 1