oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull (A) 1-2 (Assombalonga)

what worries me the most is whatever league we end up in next season I don't trust Gibson to recruit the right manager, I mean he must be running out of people from Teeside he can appoint

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hull v Boro Details Teams – Hull v Middlesbrough Location – The Tiger King Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Thur 2nd July 2020 Kick off – 17:00

I'm hoping for three more points here. Biggest thing that stood out to me about Warnock was how much fun he seemed to be having. He also made a point of praising the front three. Was it any coincidenc

I'm actually looking forward to games again. You know whatever happens, that the players will have been given a solid foundation to work on and will try. Warnock's brutal honesty combined with all his

Posted Images

We win that game with any other referee in charge. He killed it. Awful. 40 fouls man. 40. Every single 50/50 - foul. Every time a defender/striker compete for it - foul. Anyone runs at a player - foul. What an absolute joke. If I performed like that at work I'd be sacked immediately. Standard of officiating in this country has been awful for years and only getting worse.

We weren't good but my god, it was one-way traffic the whole second half. We win that game with ANY other referee. Tell you now.

• Like 1

Marvin Johnson neds to be given the boot like Rudy Gestede he cost the club yet again at fault for both the goals for Hull. He can't cross, he can't defend and he can't pass what can he do?

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

The entire team needs to be put up for sale. There is barely a championship player amongst them. Shocking performance. Time to accept that we are just not any better. Pretty bad from the manager today too. Like having Woodgate back in the dugout. Scared to change things when we couldn’t even get a shot on goal. 

Spot on was exactly like a Woodgate game

Just now, DurhamRed said:

Marvin Johnson neds to be given the boot like Rudy Gestede he cost the club yet again at fault for both the goals for Hull. He can't cross, he can't defend and he can't pass what can he do?

He’s absolutely stealing a living 

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I also thought Warnock hasn't helped himself today. The Spence injury seemed to really kill us for sure and there's not a lot he could do about that. But even then, I thought when he was bringing Fletcher on, he made the wrong sub, I thought the right call was Coulson tbh, go back to what worked against Stoke. We weren't getting any joy from Coulson's pace because Hull spent so much time camped in their own half so we should have left Britt on.

We probably played worse against Stoke than we did today.  

Why did we change a winning team? Seriously bizarre stuff from Warnock. Hull were not great but we still lost thanks to questionable defending and sheerly dreadful defending. This summer is gonna have to be a complete strip and rebuild, the club has no leaders or any quality in the XI at all. 

Has to be said after that I don't see how we stay up. No chance how we can losing to teams in and around us. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

About as much as the rest of these tossers. I wouldn’t miss a single player in this squad and I’d entertain offers for anyone of them. 

I cannot believe people are blaming the referee for that performance. We're absolutely shocking, Johnson shouldn't be playing Lb friend shouldn't be on the pitch and britt hold up play is terrible. We seem to scared when we get near the opposition box. Just awful! 

Well here goes my take on the game today. 
All players were shocking today. Genuinely shocking. No life our desire anywhere across the pitch which was a direct contrast to the Stoke game. ill go through each player. 

Stoj - could have and should have done better for the free kick. 
Spence - good at travelling with the ball but end product on so many occasions was poor. 
fry and Friend were okay but why the long balls out from defence all the time?

Johnson - guilty of giving a needless foul away for their goal and should have cleared the ball for their final goal. Really bad performance from him today but he won’t care. Going through the motions today. 

midfield - if I can call it a midfield. No control at all. So many times it’s bypassed us with the long ball but Christ it was calling out for someone to take control and dictate the game. Really poor today from us. Howson was tidy when he needed to be but apart from that didn’t do much. Out of all of them I’d have expected him to grab the game by the balls. 
Roberts when he was on looked lively. As soon as he went out we had no creativity at all. He shouldn’t have been brought off in hindsight. 
Coulson was poor. I don’t think he benefitted being higher up the pitch.  
britt did well when he was on but lacked the service. Again, I have to question why he didn’t start with Britt and fletch. Those two have a great partnership and ran Stoke ragged. 

lewis wing - absolute garbage today. League one player at best. 
tav - again didn’t do much but he’s at least tried to be direct.  

very very disappointed after that. So many questions.  Why not start with two up top? Why drop Fletcher? Why not bring Johnson off and reshuffle Coulson to left back?

and the hoof ball tactic is good when under the cosh, but a bit of bottle today and playing it on the deck would have been so much more better. 

If we can’t beat Hull, we deserve to go down. after being optimistic I’m really deflated now. 

whilst the referee didn’t help, we were our own worst enemy today. Dragging players down and hauling them at every opportunity, then wondering why the referee blew? It’s almost like you can’t do that?? 

why did we sign Morrison if not to play him in these types of games where we need that moment of magic. *** done with the club I swear. 

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

The entire team needs to be put up for sale. There is barely a championship player amongst them. Shocking performance. Time to accept that we are just not any better. Pretty bad from the manager today too. Like having Woodgate back in the dugout. Scared to change things when we couldn’t even get a shot on goal. 

And Pulis had them at the top end of the table last season and you complained bitterly about him at the time. Is it time to eat humble pie BD?