oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull (A) 1-2 (Assombalonga)

Just now, Duvel said:

I didn't see a lack of effort, just a total lack of quality in the final third. 

Perhaps effort is the wrong word. Concentration may be more apt? 

As in how can Wing, a fresh sub, repeatedly fail to find the feet of a team mate. Why is Johnson dragging men down on the edge of the area. Why are multiple players s***** themselves and smashing it off the pitch than finding a man in the box.

• Like 3
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hull v Boro Details Teams – Hull v Middlesbrough Location – The Tiger King Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Thur 2nd July 2020 Kick off – 17:00

I'm hoping for three more points here. Biggest thing that stood out to me about Warnock was how much fun he seemed to be having. He also made a point of praising the front three. Was it any coincidenc

I'm actually looking forward to games again. You know whatever happens, that the players will have been given a solid foundation to work on and will try. Warnock's brutal honesty combined with all his

Posted Images

I've honestly not been this *** off about a loss all season.

Hull were absolutely atrocious.

At least with our losses to Luton and Barnsley, they deserved the wins.

Didn't really hear much from Warnock on the sideline either.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
22 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yep, thought the same. Couldn't even get into enjoying the game, the whistle was blown for absolutely everything. Thought the one where Tav scored looked like a poor decision to be honest, too. Barely touched the lad and it looked like he was going to ground before that.

All I can say is thank *** we won the last game.

Yep agreed, think we had a perfectly good goal chalked off due to some poor reffing.

Mind you; it's no excuse for losing to Hull either way. We're going down for sure.

Well the good news it’s that Sunday’s game is not on the telly 👌

Just now, Duvel said:

I didn't see a lack of effort, just a total lack of quality in the final third. 

Depends on how you define effort right? Like Saville and McNair poured everything into winning the duels and running up and down to support attack/defense they just lacked quality on the ball especially when it got near Hulls box.

Meanwhile Coulson was anonymous for large spells of the game had 2 bursts other than that was pretty poor but had no quality? Wing treated it like a training game just wandering around his timing was awful he was doing unnecessary flicks when he should be bursting to shoot/get the ball to someone to shoot so I'd say Wing lacked effort and quality. Tav tried but lacked quality especially from crossing areas, Britt competed well but was given nothing all game no lack of effort or quality from him. Johnson had effort but abysmal quality, Fry and Friend were pretty solid all game getting done by a 40 yard deep cross has got to have done them in if I was them I'd be raging.

I think it's a mix of problems we have I'm hoping Warnock fixes them but the result tonight vs an absymal team who leapfrog you in the process has the potential to mentally break teams especially with a squad of players as well compensated and travelled as ours it's just embarrassing as  much as its demoralising.

• Like 1

This highlights what a huge rebuilding job there is going to be no matter which division we will be in. I cant name one player that i would definitely want for next season. Quite why Pears isnt in goal I arent sure as Stojanovic is a liability.

Missed the game...was expecting a 7:30 - 7:45 kick-off.

Looks like I dodged a bullet.

Also means we have now lost 2 of the 3 games we had the best chance of winning.

Without a major change in performances & results, I am honestly struggling to see where we will pick up many more points from.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Yep agreed, think we had a perfectly good goal chalked off due to some poor reffing.

Mind you; it's no excuse for losing to Hull either way. We're going down for sure.

For sure? Under Warnock we’ve had a win and a loss. We have a favourable run in and need 2 wins and maybe a draw to guarantee survival. We may go down but it’s by no means a certainty.

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

I still don’t think that we will go down @Brunners. Warnock is a wily old fox and will make the required adjustments as we go along. It will be tight but I think we will do it 

Just now, RealSlimSladeyy said:

For sure? Under Warnock we’ve had a win and a loss. We have a favourable run in and need 2 wins and maybe a draw to guarantee survival. We may go down but it’s by no means a certainty.

I made a comment before the game that any team that loses to Hull deserves to go down, and I stand by that. As far as I'm concerned we are on our way down.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, White Band said:

Can anyone give me some positives from the game?  I'm struggling to find any other than Britt not skying the penalty. 

Britt managing not to sky a penalty is definitely the only positive.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

We don't have a favourable run in. We have one of the most difficult run ins among those in the relegation scrap.

1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:
5 minutes ago, White Band said:

Can anyone give me some positives from the game?  I'm struggling to find any other than Britt not skying the penalty. 

Britt managing not to sky a penalty is definitely the only positive.

I thought there were a couple silver linings. Howson was really good; McNair had a good game I felt & Saville wasn't bad either.

23 minutes ago, Blanco said:

And Pulis had them at the top end of the table last season and you complained bitterly about him at the time. Is it time to eat humble pie BD?

No. Not at all. 

• Thanks 1