oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull (A) 1-2 (Assombalonga)

If we go down and the fans do not seriously turn on Steve Gibson and force change at this club then we deserve everything that comes our way. Not today but the situation we find ourselves in is entirely his fault and he’s made mistake after mistake for years. All confidence I had before today has gone right out the window as that Hull team is mid table League 1 at best, god knows what that makes us 

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hull v Boro Details Teams – Hull v Middlesbrough Location – The Tiger King Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Thur 2nd July 2020 Kick off – 17:00

I'm hoping for three more points here. Biggest thing that stood out to me about Warnock was how much fun he seemed to be having. He also made a point of praising the front three. Was it any coincidenc

I'm actually looking forward to games again. You know whatever happens, that the players will have been given a solid foundation to work on and will try. Warnock's brutal honesty combined with all his

Posted Images

Just now, Brunners said:

I made a comment before the game that any team that loses to Hull deserves to go down, and I stand by that. As far as I'm concerned we are on our way down.

I assumed you were joking when you said a loss to Hull warrants relegation. Yeah Hull are a shocking, shocking side with horrific problems behind the scenes but they’re still a championship side with professional players - a win for Hull, even given their circumstances, isn’t a huge shock. 

We may well go down but to say we’re definitely going down is obviously not true. I feel to argue this point further will just descend into being pedantic about exactly what you mean so I’ll leave it there. 

• Like 1

Completely agree and understand the Warnock appointment till the end of season, but unfortunately today he got it completely wrong.

You do not drop a winning side in our position unless you absolutely have no choice (suspension/injuries).

The decision to drop fletch was absolutely shocking. Play 2 up top against Hull and we would of definately beat them IMO.

The subs baffled me and someone please tell me how Johnson or Coulson did not get taken off? We were opening them up constantly down the left hand side but every single final ball was abysmal. 

Fletch for Britt - why? 

We fully deserved that defeat imo even though we were the better team because of Warnock's tactical decisions and substitutions.

QPR is going to be a massive game but Eze and Bright-samuel will tear our full backs apart which has happened all season.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, White Band said:

We don't have a favourable run in. We have one of the most difficult run ins among those in the relegation scrap.

Hmm okay I just meant our run in on its own terms. Apart from Cardiff and maybe Millwall I don’t think we have any particularly tough games. Comparing it to other teams’ run ins is a completely different (and probably more telling) proposition, although I suppose it depends on how you’re assessing the difficulty of each run in. 

15 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't agree with that at all, tbh. We had a game-plan that stretched Stoke and forced them into errors more often than we did against Hull today. I don't know what we actually did right in this game after scoring?

We had a game plan that had us with about 30% possession, less than 50% passing accuracy and about 7/8 shots over the entire game.  I don't think we stretched Stoke much at all otherwise we'd have actually created a lot more than we did.  If you mean that we kept putting the ball into the channels whenever we won it back then yeah but it's not like that came to much most of the time.  I would say that we took two of the few chances we created, well one we created and one that came out of nowhere.  The performance against Stoke was about as unsophisticated as it gets and it worked because their finishing and decision making in the final third was actually even more hopeless than ours was today.  It seems to me that the result is skewing people's opinions, as it did for some last week, who seemed rather more positive than I was about the game, but results do tend to do that as we always look more favourably on a win and less favourably on a defeat, whatever the circumstances are. 👍

I suppose I'd say that last week we won but didn't deserve it and this week we lost but we probably deserved to win on the balance of play.  And balance of play is what I'm talking about when I'm talking about performance.  Creating one chance and taking it is great play compared to creating twenty and taking zero but almost certainly, the latter had the better balance of play than the former.  If you see where I'm coming from?

• Like 1

Just don’t see how Warnock is gonna get this team to start scoring goals. I’m sure he’ll get them to work hard and fight, but he can’t put the ball in the back of the net for them. 
We *** it today, but we aren’t done yet. Go again against QPR in 3 days time, and try get a positive result. 

Only saving grace if there is one. My mates a QPR fan and said they have been useless and seemed to have downed tools he's said Eze looks almost like he can't be bothered knowing he's likely to leave in the window. They must be bad I saw the highlights of their last game and there were no fans in the stadium 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Completely agree and understand the Warnock appointment till the end of season, but unfortunately today he got it completely wrong.

You do not drop a winning side in our position unless you absolutely have no choice (suspension/injuries).

The decision to drop fletch was absolutely shocking. Play 2 up top against Hull and we would of definately beat them IMO.

The subs baffled me and someone please tell me how Johnson or Coulson did not get taken off? We were opening them up constantly down the left hand side but every single final ball was abysmal. 

Fletch for Britt - why? 

We fully deserved that defeat imo even though we were the better team because of Warnock's tactical decisions and substitutions.

QPR is going to be a massive game but Eze and Bright-samuel will tear our full backs apart which has happened all season.

I thought someone said that Fletcher got a knock last week?  Was it a tactical change then?

If we were opening them up constantly down the left hand side then perhaps that's why Warnock left them both on?  Cos it was those two doing it I mean.

9 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

If we go down and the fans do not seriously turn on Steve Gibson and force change at this club then we deserve everything that comes our way. Not today but the situation we find ourselves in is entirely his fault and he’s made mistake after mistake for years. All confidence I had before today has gone right out the window as that Hull team is mid table League 1 at best, god knows what that makes us 

No the fans will never turn on Gibson some due to saving us from going out of existence and some due to the uefa cup/winning our first major cup. The other thing is atm, what fans there non too boo in the stadiums anymore or voice an opinion because of covid 19. 

Just now, Changing Times said:

I thought someone said that Fletcher got a knock last week?  Was it a tactical change then?

If we were opening them up constantly down the left hand side then perhaps that's why Warnock left them both on?  Cos it was those two doing it I mean.

If he had a knock then you don't bring him on do you?

Like I said, yes were tearing them apart down the left but the final ball was shocking every time so we had to try something different like 2 up top for more options to aim at. I understand sometimes the final ball can look bad if no1 gets on the end of the final ball, but today we didn't even put them in promising areas.

11 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I assumed you were joking when you said a loss to Hull warrants relegation. Yeah Hull are a shocking, shocking side with horrific problems behind the scenes but they’re still a championship side with professional players - a win for Hull, even given their circumstances, isn’t a huge shock. 

We may well go down but to say we’re definitely going down is obviously not true. I feel to argue this point further will just descend into being pedantic about exactly what you mean so I’ll leave it there. 

Nope; Hull are practically fielding a reserve team at this point & have lost 90% of their best players. They had picked up 3 points since New Years Day and before Birmingham were struggling to score at all. They should be rock bottom and losing to them is an outright embarrassment.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Nope; Hull are practically fielding a reserve team at this point & have lost 90% of their best players. They had picked up 3 points since New Years Day and before Birmingham were struggling to score at all. They should be rock bottom and losing to them is an outright embarrassment.

I agree it’s an embarrassment, still don’t think it warrants relegation or that we’re definitely going down

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Depends on how you define effort right? Like Saville and McNair poured everything into winning the duels and running up and down to support attack/defense they just lacked quality on the ball especially when it got near Hulls box.

Meanwhile Coulson was anonymous for large spells of the game had 2 bursts other than that was pretty poor but had no quality? Wing treated it like a training game just wandering around his timing was awful he was doing unnecessary flicks when he should be bursting to shoot/get the ball to someone to shoot so I'd say Wing lacked effort and quality. Tav tried but lacked quality especially from crossing areas, Britt competed well but was given nothing all game no lack of effort or quality from him. Johnson had effort but abysmal quality, Fry and Friend were pretty solid all game getting done by a 40 yard deep cross has got to have done them in if I was them I'd be raging.

I think it's a mix of problems we have I'm hoping Warnock fixes them but the result tonight vs an absymal team who leapfrog you in the process has the potential to mentally break teams especially with a squad of players as well compensated and travelled as ours it's just embarrassing as  much as its demoralising.

I define a lack of effort as players not giving it 100% which I didn't see today.