oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull (A) 1-2 (Assombalonga)

10 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I agree it’s an embarrassment, still don’t think it warrants relegation or that we’re definitely going down

People love a good knee jerk though!

• Like 2
  • Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hull v Boro Details Teams – Hull v Middlesbrough Location – The Tiger King Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Thur 2nd July 2020 Kick off – 17:00

I'm hoping for three more points here. Biggest thing that stood out to me about Warnock was how much fun he seemed to be having. He also made a point of praising the front three. Was it any coincidenc

I'm actually looking forward to games again. You know whatever happens, that the players will have been given a solid foundation to work on and will try. Warnock's brutal honesty combined with all his

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

That Wilks hadn't been on the winning side in his previous 27 starts, I'm sure Sky Sports said.

The KC stadium hadn't seen a win for Hull since December then we rolled up...

13 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Just don’t see how Warnock is gonna get this team to start scoring goals. I’m sure he’ll get them to work hard and fight, but he can’t put the ball in the back of the net for them. 
We *** it today, but we aren’t done yet. Go again against QPR in 3 days time, and try get a positive result. 

Hows any manager going to do it with what we have at the club? I presume we cant play Fletcher every game it be too tiring for any player with the congested fixtures (hopefully he starts next one however) and that is our top scorer. Britts not firing, okay he scored from the spot today but one goal in how many?

Is there any academy player upfront that banging them in somewhere on loan in a lower league team or for the academy we could try upfront?

3 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

People love a good knee jerk though!

Was hesitant to use the phrase myself but yeah pretty much. Compare the Stoke post match reaction to this.... (Not directing this at Brunners for the record, not sure what his thoughts were post-Stoke) 

That was a series of errors starting from Warnock dropping Fletcher to a lack of effort from too many or maybe just lack of ability. No Leadership on the pitch and those substitutions and lack of tactical changes from the Manager was frustrating to endure. Lets hope Warnock saw the same game and shakes things up big style because that shot shy shower need a rocket up them.

where to start?, anyway thats 2 hours of my life that i wont get back. i didnt expct us to lose before kck off and i didnt expect it whilst watching it. the fact that we did is down to pure regression indiidually and colectively as a team, and in no short measure regression in the way the club has been ran by the main man. players that had seroius flaws in thier game still display those flaws, others that are simply not up to it still prove that point and most alarmingly players that were once actually good at things have become error prone and poor footballers. im no big fan of paddy or saville but those two were our best performers tonight but that accollade isnt any big feat.i craped myself each and every time a ball was pumped into our box but the really damnng thing is that the same aplied to each one o our players that were there too.for me its stil possible we dont go down but no one associatedwith the squad chairman, coaches and scouts included can take any credit from this disasterous campaign. 

1 minute ago, JB-boro-22 said:

2/3 decent goals a season? Soo so over rated imo

I actually think Wing lost his confidence but also plays better with a crowd, thrives on the atmosphere a bit. 

14 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

The KC stadium hadn't seen a win for Hull since December then we rolled up...

They still haven’t technically 😉

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

If he had a knock then you don't bring him on do you?

Like I said, yes were tearing them apart down the left but the final ball was shocking every time so we had to try something different like 2 up top for more options to aim at. I understand sometimes the final ball can look bad if no1 gets on the end of the final ball, but today we didn't even put them in promising areas.

Well, Warnock might be more likely to bring him on than start him.  He might not have had a knock anyway, I just thought I'd read on here that this was the explanation for Fletcher being on the bench.

I understand what you're saying about Coulson and Johnson.  I'm just saying why Warnock might have been prepared to leave them on.