Boro v Hull (A) 1-2 (Assombalonga)

6 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Stoj

Spence Fry Makoudi Coulson

Howson

McNair       Saville

Roberts

Britt           Fletch

Got to be our strongest team until the end of the season. We need to win games so we have no other option but to attack.

like tav in for mcnair or saville 

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hull v Boro Details Teams – Hull v Middlesbrough Location – The Tiger King Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Thur 2nd July 2020 Kick off – 17:00

I'm hoping for three more points here. Biggest thing that stood out to me about Warnock was how much fun he seemed to be having. He also made a point of praising the front three. Was it any coincidenc

I'm actually looking forward to games again. You know whatever happens, that the players will have been given a solid foundation to work on and will try. Warnock's brutal honesty combined with all his

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Was only a dead leg apparently but if that was the case you could always put Howson back there if needs be and bring Wing in.

I’d bring in Tav instead of Wing. He’s been decent last two games after coming on.

• Like 1
Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

I’d bring in Tav instead of Wing. He’s been decent last two games after coming on.

I agree he's been good when he's come on but thought that would be too attacking of a line up 😅😅

4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

It is his fault for not changing the people who were putting the *** crosses in or even by making a change to help those *** crosses. You give more options by putting more bodies in the box .

That was completely Warnock fault. 

Disagree mate. We are playing a side of academy players - who lost their only quality player to injury.

The side Warnock put out should have won, pure and simple.  Coulson, Spence, Johnson, Tav, Wing, Howson barely crossed or threaded a decent ball between them. Pathetic. 

Who else have we got on the bench!? Fletch is a striker who was given no chances either.

1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Disagree mate. We are playing a side of academy players - who lost their only quality player to injury.

The side Warnock put out should have won, pure and simple.  Coulson, Spence, Johnson, Tav, Wing, Howson barely crossed or threaded a decent ball between them. Pathetic. 

Who else have we got on the bench!? Fletch is a striker who was given no chances either.

Think you have misinterpreted what I said mate. I said it's Warnock"s fault and that he should of definately made a change. 

He had options on the bench to make. He could of gone Britt and Fletch up front and one of those *** crosses could of been turned in because we had more bodies in the box to aim at.

Our passing in the final third is shocking, and I find it criminal that our  players can over hit free kicks time and time again, and when we do get into a position to cross a ball we constantly hit the opposition player, I'm starting to wonder if they're all *** colour blind.  

Johnson is just one of those players who's not very intelligent he just  can't help it, gave a stupid free kick away for the Hull goal then decided to try and do the same again, I hope Warnock realizes that the lads just a liability, I was also wondering if Johnson has any family from Hull because he's been an absolute god send for them in the 2 games against us. Roberts started well and then lost his way, skillful but over dribbles at times, Coulson was poor, Britt trying to hold a ball up just doesn't work, not strong enough, Wing did nothing when he came on, Tav had a go, thought McNair and Howson had average games, but I  thought losing Spence was a huge blow Hull were struggling to cope  with his pace.

Well if Warnock thought it was a big job, he'll realize just how big now. Moukoudi  has got to play against QPR, Howson back at right back and I'd sooner have Aynsley Pears at left back than Johnson.

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I know we are not managers, but what would you of done differently? 

The post match interview Warnock repeatedly talked about how bad the final balls were especially in the 2nd half, so you have to ask why didn't he change it?

Yeah the crossing was abysmal - I think that the stats at the end of the game were 3 successful from 21.  Even ignoring the stats, there were just plenty of over hit crosses today.

What would I have done differently?  I dunno.  I don't view the game in the same way as someone like Warnock does so you're probably asking the wrong person as I'd do just about everything differently!  I don't know if getting lots of crosses into the box is the right way to win a game, especially with the team we had out there.  Flooding the box and hoping that a ball bobbles one way or another seems kind of inefficient to me when you don't have much in the way of height but Warnock has made a career out of it, and he doesn't really have the time to put much else in place.  My instincts are always to get the ball down and play though.

Before today, we'd only scored 39 goals this season.  The team that we started with had only scored 16 of those goals!  That's actually quite staggering when you think about it.  I'm not sure how meaningful that stuff is but I suppose it doesn't scream a team that will take lots of chances.  However, we were able to open Hull up time and again so it's not like we had no opportunities to make something happen.  We opened Hull up far more easily than we did Stoke last weekend, but today the final ball, cross or shot, was usually either poor or just the wrong decision.  I was talking about Wing earlier, and he was crap when he came on, but in a way it might have been the game to start him in.  Someone to pull the trigger within 25 yards of goal.  Maybe we could have started him instead of one of the three in midfield and given them something different to worry about.  Starting Tavernier could have been worth a shout as well as he looked about as lively as anyone last week when he came on.  He's obviously competing with Roberts for a spot though.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Think you have misinterpreted what I said mate. I said it's Warnock"s fault and that he should of definately made a change. 

He had options on the bench to make. He could of gone Britt and Fletch up front and one of those *** crosses could of been turned in because we had more bodies in the box to aim at.

Got to agree given how many goals we've scored this season we're not good enough to play with only one forward, I  feel we should have started with Britt and Fletcher.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah the crossing was abysmal - I think that the stats at the end of the game were 3 successful from 21.  Even ignoring the stats, there were just plenty of over hit crosses today.

What would I have done differently?  I dunno.  I don't view the game in the same way as someone like Warnock does so you're probably asking the wrong person as I'd do just about everything differently!  I don't know if getting lots of crosses into the box is the right way to win a game, especially with the team we had out there.  Flooding the box and hoping that a ball bobbles one way or another seems kind of inefficient to me when you don't have much in the way of height but Warnock has made a career out of it, and he doesn't really have the time to put much else in place.  My instincts are always to get the ball down and play though.

Before today, we'd only scored 39 goals this season.  The team that we started with had only scored 16 of those goals!  That's actually quite staggering when you think about it.  I'm not sure how meaningful that stuff is but I suppose it doesn't scream a team that will take lots of chances.  However, we were able to open Hull up time and again so it's not like we had no opportunities to make something happen.  We opened Hull up far more easily than we did Stoke last weekend, but today the final ball, cross or shot, was usually either poor or just the wrong decision.  I was talking about Wing earlier, and he was crap when he came on, but in a way it might have been the game to start him in.  Someone to pull the trigger within 25 yards of goal.  Maybe we could have started him instead of one of the three in midfield and given them something different to worry about.  Starting Tavernier could have been worth a shout as well as he looked about as lively as anyone last week when he came on.  He's obviously competing with Roberts for a spot though.

Good post mate and I love how you use stats to back up your arguments even if stats can be misleading at times.

We all have opinions as fans so it's interesting to see how other fans think how a good could of been won or avoided defeat. When I watch a match I look closely at the tactics and positions of players rather than just the clear and obvious.

I too agree regarding Wing, I'm not putting him in the same breath as Ozil but I feel he is a luxury player who only has a few qualities and is lazy. If you form the team around him and have lots of work ethic players around him to cover him then great but if not then you I feel we are always going to get exposed.

I didn't feel Roberts was that great against Stoke so I can see the tavernier argument but I don't think you should ever change a winning team especially in our position.

Warnock highlighted the lack of leaders at the club and it showed badly today. They changed shape with 5 mins to go and we panicked and kept giving them back the ball. Yes, the quality in the final 3rd was bad (awful) but we are a team scrapping around in the bottom half, so I don’t expect a lot. Another day something bobbles about a bit and we sneak a winner. We were marginally the better team today and lost. Sometimes that happens, but at least we looked interested and did play with some intent.

• Like 1

Against an out of form team that hasn't won at home since December, only we could mess this up. Out of the teams left we have to play, does anyone know any stats of their players who maybe haven't scored all season or a keeper that hasn't kept a clean sheet since January, because we will be able to put that record to bed  for them that's certain.  

6 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Against an out of form team that hasn't won at home since December, only we could mess this up. Out of the teams left we have to play, does anyone know any stats of their players who maybe haven't scored all season or a keeper that hasn't kept a clean sheet since January, because we will be able to put that record to bed  for them that's certain.  

Well QPR have lost the last 3 championship matches and Boro have won 5 of the last 6 matches had to head. 
Think it’s pretty nailed on a QPR win

44 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Stoj

Spence Fry Makoudi Coulson

Howson

McNair       Saville

Roberts

Britt           Fletch

Got to be our strongest team until the end of the season. We need to win games so we have no other option but to attack.

I like this team @diggerlad07. It has everything we currently need. It is solid enough but equally it is attacking enough. It has everyone playing in a position they are best suited too. Ultimately, it is not too far of team Warnock has selected last 2 games but he simply needs to bring in Moukoudi and Coulson for Friend and Marvin Johnson.

• Like 1

I think fletcher has to start over Britt if he is only going with 1 striker. There’s very little point of crossing to Britt, I don’t think he won a header all day! I’ve got to say we are really poor at attacking. You saw it all second half, our players had no one to pass to as there was no movement. I thought the midfielders sat really deep which of course didn’t help