oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull (A) 1-2 (Assombalonga)

12 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Well QPR have lost the last 3 championship matches and Boro have won 5 of the last 6 matches had to head. 
Think it’s pretty nailed on a QPR win

Yeh well if your out of form and you need a confidence boost come to the Riverside satisfaction guaranteed. In all honesty this game has knocked the stuffing out of me, would have been disappointed with a draw before the game, but same old same old ,but  I should be used to this by now.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hull v Boro Details Teams – Hull v Middlesbrough Location – The Tiger King Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Thur 2nd July 2020 Kick off – 17:00

I'm hoping for three more points here. Biggest thing that stood out to me about Warnock was how much fun he seemed to be having. He also made a point of praising the front three. Was it any coincidenc

I'm actually looking forward to games again. You know whatever happens, that the players will have been given a solid foundation to work on and will try. Warnock's brutal honesty combined with all his

Posted Images

I hope todays result proves a positive in weeks to come.

I felt after stoke few different sections of those connected with club began to get carried away and thought safety was a formality. I certainly felt some of us fans did (myself included) as I was starting to even think lets become mathematically safe before Cardiff game so we can enjoy last 2 games with a peace of mind. There were also sections of media that thought safety was a formality with Warnock in charge. I cannot speak for the players as to what they thoughts are but if they thought "oh warnock is here, we simply need to turn up and give 6 out of 10 and we be fine" then hopefully this result will have woken them up to the reality of situation like it has the rest of us.

I am still confident we can get the 8/9pts from the 6 remaining games we need but ultimately everyone connected with the club needs to realise we will need to work our absolute bo**ocks to get them 8/9 pts and stop thinking its a given.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I think fletcher has to start over Britt if he is only going with 1 striker. There’s very little point of crossing to Britt, I don’t think he won a header all day! I’ve got to say we are really poor at attacking. You saw it all second half, our players had no one to pass to as there was no movement. I thought the midfielders sat really deep which of course didn’t help

I agree with Fletch over Britt, but if we go with 1 striker I think we play right into QPR's hands they'll be happy with that given how poor we are in attack. 

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I hope todays result proves a positive in weeks to come.

I felt after stoke few different sections of those connected with club began to get carried away and thought safety was a formality. I certainly felt some of us fans did (myself included) as I was starting to even think lets become mathematically safe before Cardiff game so we can enjoy last 2 games with a peace of mind. There were also sections of media that thought safety was a formality with Warnock in charge. I cannot speak for the players as to what they thoughts are but if they thought "oh warnock is here, we simply need to turn up and give 6 out of 10 and we be fine" then hopefully this result will have woken them up to the reality of situation like it has the rest of us.

I am still confident we can get the 8/9pts from the 6 remaining games we need but ultimately everyone connected with the club needs to realise we will need to work our absolute bo**ocks to get them 8/9 pts and stop thinking its a given.

I think I'm of the same mindset, confidence booster against Stoke, Hull in shocking form, no nonsense manager who seems to find the way and  get the best out of the players, and I've  definitely had my bubble burst today.

So can Warnock polish a turd we're about to find out. Prediction for Sunday, I haven't got one because I don't  bloody know what will turn up,

Must admit im gutted  at the performance & result today but being optimistic in nature,im hoping the remaining games against mid table opposition might give the team the chance to get the neccessary points,Might be clutching at straws but hopefully the 'Benidorm Factor' will come into play against Millwall ,Reading,Qpr & Bristol City,

5 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Stoke only need to draw with Barnsley on Saturday for us to be in the bottom 3 come match day 

Happy for that to be a draw.

However I stopped looking at who our rivals have got as the results lately been soo mad so all I end up doing is getting my hopes up. End up thinking  X team will beat a rival team and we will get a result in our game. What ends up happening?! Rival team gets a result v X team and we f*ck up in our game

14 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Stoke only need to draw with Barnsley on Saturday for us to be in the bottom 3 come match day 

And a Barnsley win puts them level with us.  Not sure that there is a good result for us from that game. 

1 hour ago, Rioch's Braves said:

I think I'm of the same mindset, confidence booster against Stoke, Hull in shocking form, no nonsense manager who seems to find the way and  get the best out of the players, and I've  definitely had my bubble burst today.

So can Warnock polish a turd we're about to find out. Prediction for Sunday, I haven't got one because I don't  bloody know what will turn up,

Mr Warnock definitely needs to get the pledge out and start polishing this squad.  I would not blame him if we were relegated. Gibson should have sacked Woodgate in December and allowed someone who knew what they were doing make the right additions to the squad in the January window. The squad is bereft of drive and determination. The forwards don't compliment each other or the team, the midfield all do the same thing and the defence seems to have been cobbled together all season. The rebuild job required is massive in the championship. If we have to do it in league one it is scary.

I’ll start by saying, I honestly can’t believe what we witnessed today. It’s easy for fans to point the blame at the players for a lack of effort but for me today highlighted our depressingly distinct lack of quality in all areas rather than dwindling effort levels. Obviously it has been apparent all season but coming up against one of, if not the worst team in the league and putting on a performance like that is just unacceptable.

For me personally, I sat through the last 20 minutes of the game thinking more of the money we have wasted and our appalling recruitment that I actually did watching the game as a fan. It’s just demoralising seeing players, and with all due respect, like George Friend still playing a role in our squad and the worst part is he wasn’t even our worst today. 

I look at the likes of Johnson playing left-back and think is that really the best we can do. We spent a reasonable fee on Bola in the summer and due to the rule change he is now available again and of course again it is easy to watch a poor team and pick out the players that aren’t playing and think they’d make a difference but surely a natural left-back would be better than playing a winger out of position. Of course it’s very unlikely this would happen but it’s some food for thought. 

I also noticed Dijksteel was back in training this week and after Spence’s injury wondered how far away from Dijksteel might be from contention. I seem to remember him playing for the 23’s but suffering a slight set back a few months back, another who if available I don’t think would do much worse than our current crop of defenders if given the chance. 

Ultimately, like any other fan I’ll be devastated if we go down but just feel completely disconnected as to what the club has become over the past 3 years. 

The only formation we can play with the players we have is 5-2-1-2 imo

-----------------------Stojanovic

Spence---Howson---Fry---Friend---Coulson

--------------McNair-----------Saville

-------------------------Roberts

-------------Fletcher------------Britt

It's still in our own hands. I'll start worrying if we drop points  v QPR.   Neil Maddison remarked last night that players should keep away from social media. Good advice, as some of of the comments on here have been particular negative. 

49 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

It's still in our own hands. I'll start worrying if we drop points  v QPR.   Neil Maddison remarked last night that players should keep away from social media. Good advice, as some of of the comments on here have been particular negative. 

Neil Madison is *** clueless, and if a professional footballer can't take reading a bit of criticism about himself on social media then he shouldn't be playing the game.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Neil Madison is *** clueless, and if a professional footballer can't take reading a bit of criticism about himself on social media then he shouldn't be playing the game.

Good job you're not running the team then as your man management would be appalling. Goes alongside your negativity. 

• Like 3

I'm going to go against popular opinion on here and try and find a few positives from yesterday. 

I thought defensively we were good on the whole, we made 2 real mistakes at the back and both times it led to goals. For 85 minutes between the goals Hull barely threatened us. 

Our positioning on the pitch was good we defended quite high up the pitch at times and that had us on the front foot for a lot of the game. I was worried about 'Pulis like' tactics from Warnock but I thought we were far more positive than that. We often had our full backs overlapping and were consistently getting bodies into the box. 

I thought we controlled the game for the majority of the match and looked like the home team but the big problem was our final ball. The crosses were often over hit and we just made the wrong decision far too often. 

I just think at times that game was almost too easy, we in such control in the first 20 minutes that you sometimes switch off a bit. It was the same towards the end of the game, Hull had so little threat going forward I think we just lost concentration. 

I'm not writing the season off yet, if we play like that again I think we'll win a few more games. I find it hard to believe that we will be as bad as that again in the final third. 

I understand the frustration, that was a hammer blow at the end and we are in serious danger of going down. Maybe I'm over rating our performance and not recognising how bad Hull were I don't know. 

• Like 4