oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull (A) 1-2 (Assombalonga)

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Neil Madison is *** clueless, and if a professional footballer can't take reading a bit of criticism about himself on social media then he shouldn't be playing the game.

It goes beyond criticism tho sometimes.Personally I think its the lack of a Leader and the team playing as individuals 

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hull v Boro Details Teams – Hull v Middlesbrough Location – The Tiger King Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Thur 2nd July 2020 Kick off – 17:00

I'm hoping for three more points here. Biggest thing that stood out to me about Warnock was how much fun he seemed to be having. He also made a point of praising the front three. Was it any coincidenc

I'm actually looking forward to games again. You know whatever happens, that the players will have been given a solid foundation to work on and will try. Warnock's brutal honesty combined with all his

Posted Images

5 hours ago, CWC said:

I’ll start by saying, I honestly can’t believe what we witnessed today. It’s easy for fans to point the blame at the players for a lack of effort but for me today highlighted our depressingly distinct lack of quality in all areas rather than dwindling effort levels. Obviously it has been apparent all season but coming up against one of, if not the worst team in the league and putting on a performance like that is just unacceptable.

For me personally, I sat through the last 20 minutes of the game thinking more of the money we have wasted and our appalling recruitment that I actually did watching the game as a fan. It’s just demoralising seeing players, and with all due respect, like George Friend still playing a role in our squad and the worst part is he wasn’t even our worst today. 

I look at the likes of Johnson playing left-back and think is that really the best we can do. We spent a reasonable fee on Bola in the summer and due to the rule change he is now available again and of course again it is easy to watch a poor team and pick out the players that aren’t playing and think they’d make a difference but surely a natural left-back would be better than playing a winger out of position. Of course it’s very unlikely this would happen but it’s some food for thought. 

I also noticed Dijksteel was back in training this week and after Spence’s injury wondered how far away from Dijksteel might be from contention. I seem to remember him playing for the 23’s but suffering a slight set back a few months back, another who if available I don’t think would do much worse than our current crop of defenders if given the chance. 

Ultimately, like any other fan I’ll be devastated if we go down but just feel completely disconnected as to what the club has become over the past 3 years. 

Good post, I've never been a huge Warnock fan but I think criticism of him at the moment is silly and I think the players are doing their best. 

As you say, what we are seeing now is the result of three and a half years of mismanagement from Gibson and the staff he's employed. 

You look at yesterdays team, we still haven't replaced George Friend at left back when you could see in the Premier league season that his legs were starting to go. Spence looks like he could potentially be our new right back but he's still very raw, that's a position that we haven't been able to consistently fill since we were relegated. 

We are short at centre back and that will be even worse soon when Moukoudi and Shotton leave.

We've bought loads of central midfielders but none of them set the world alight on a consistent basis. We have Britt and Fletcher up front who we massively overpaid for and we're gonna lose a lot of money on. 

How much have we spent since relegation? It must be about 70m to put this squad together. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Erimus 63 said:

Good job you're not running the team then as your man management would be appalling. Goes alongside your negativity. 

Oh wah wah wah poor ickle overpaid footballers getting their egos hurt, *** hell give over.

12 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Completely agree and understand the Warnock appointment till the end of season, but unfortunately today he got it completely wrong.

You do not drop a winning side in our position unless you absolutely have no choice (suspension/injuries).

The decision to drop fletch was absolutely shocking. Play 2 up top against Hull and we would of definately beat them IMO.

The subs baffled me and someone please tell me how Johnson or Coulson did not get taken off? We were opening them up constantly down the left hand side but every single final ball was abysmal. 

Fletch for Britt - why? 

We fully deserved that defeat imo even though we were the better team because of Warnock's tactical decisions and substitutions.

QPR is going to be a massive game but Eze and Bright-samuel will tear our full backs apart which has happened all season.

QPR are not tearing anyone apart since the restart in fact they could be in trouble had not having better results earlier on.

4 hours ago, Erimus 63 said:

It's still in our own hands. I'll start worrying if we drop points  v QPR.   Neil Maddison remarked last night that players should keep away from social media. Good advice, as some of of the comments on here have been particular negative. 

Theres a flip side to that, if they see comments that say they haven't got enough quality surely the next game youd want to prove them wrong. The other thing is lets say they do read social media, why diddnt all the positive comments from last week help them if negative comments have the opposite affect. 

• Like 1

I'm thankful it's a quick turn around, no time to dwell too long on a disastrous result as they'll already be preparing for QPR in 2 days.

Needs to rack up some wins, and fast.

• Like 1

I'd advise footballers to avoid social media all of the time, what's the point when you're getting abuse all the time.

And the majority of the people dishing out the abuse couldn't do more than about 5 kickups. 

15 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I'd advise footballers to avoid social media all of the time, what's the point when you're getting abuse all the time.

And the majority of the people dishing out the abuse couldn't do more than about 5 kickups.

And most food critics can't serve up Michelin Star quality food, what's your point?

16 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I still think we'll be relegated btw, it'll just be a lot closer than if Woodgate was in charge.

Well I hope not, but we are showing little to suggest that we wont be. Other teams are picking up the points which is a worry as well so unless we get three points on Sunday I  to feel we will be doomed.

1 minute ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Well I hope not, but we are showing little to suggest that we wont be. Other teams are picking up the points which is a worry as well so unless we get three points on Sunday I  to feel we will be doomed.

The current squad is a league 1 quality squad, that's the reality of it I'm afraid. Doesn't matter who the manager is.

The way the final fixtures are going, some of the relegation rivals have to drop points, which might save us.

Barnsley play Stoke, Luton and Wigan.

Luton play Barnsley, Huddersfield and Hull.

Wigan play Barnsley, Hull and Charlton.

Hull play Luton and Wigan.

Charlton play Wigan

Huddersfield play Luton.

Stoke play Barnsley

A lot of them play Brentford, who are probably the best side in the league.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

My point is that footballers shouldn't waste their time worrying about criticism from people who couldn't lace their boots. Thought that was pretty clear from my post. 

Just now, Duvel said:

My point is that footballers shouldn't waste their time worrying about criticism from people who couldn't lace their boots. Thought that was pretty clear from my post. 

No, they absolutely should.

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

No, they absolutely should.

When you're in the middle of a relegation battle, playing 2 games a week and for some of them when your confidence is low... nah the last thing they should be doing is listening to social media. 

Focus on the things you can control, your performance in training, your mindset, getting plenty of rest, look after your body. 

The last thing I'd be doing is listening to Dave on twitter, the 20 stone beer-swilling brick layer who never played higher than the Teesborough 4th division.