oneBoro Forum

Boro v Hull (A) 1-2 (Assombalonga)

I was one of those getting carried away after Stoke, looking up the table, wondering how high up we could get. It’s brought me back down with a bump and maybe that’s what was needed. Everyone in the media (and maybe the club!) thinking we would be 100% safe with Warnock in charge. We can’t relax for a second over these next 6 matches. 

I’m worried what Warnock can do about the atrocious final ball?! 

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hull v Boro Details Teams – Hull v Middlesbrough Location – The Tiger King Stadium Competition – The Championship (only just) Date – Thur 2nd July 2020 Kick off – 17:00

I'm hoping for three more points here. Biggest thing that stood out to me about Warnock was how much fun he seemed to be having. He also made a point of praising the front three. Was it any coincidenc

I'm actually looking forward to games again. You know whatever happens, that the players will have been given a solid foundation to work on and will try. Warnock's brutal honesty combined with all his

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I still think we'll be relegated btw, it'll just be a lot closer than if Woodgate was in charge.

Good odds are still available for relegation. Make yourself some easy money and put your money were your mouth is.

14 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I was one of those getting carried away after Stoke, looking up the table, wondering how high up we could get. It’s brought me back down with a bump and maybe that’s what was needed. Everyone in the media (and maybe the club!) thinking we would be 100% safe with Warnock in charge. We can’t relax for a second over these next 6 matches. 

I’m worried what Warnock can do about the atrocious final ball?! 

Yeah same here about getting carried away, I'm just hoping our decision making and delivery into the box can only get better after last night. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Duvel said:

When you're in the middle of a relegation battle, playing 2 games a week and for some of them when your confidence is low... nah the last thing they should be doing is listening to social media. 

Focus on the things you can control, your performance in training, your mindset, getting plenty of rest, look after your body. 

The last thing I'd be doing is listening to Dave on twitter, the 20 stone beer-swilling brick layer who never played higher than the Teesborough 4th division. 

Yes but Dave sweated a bit, now whether that was down to effort, or just been 20 stone well who knows!!! But at least he did.

• Haha 1

Well the Hull game knocked the stuffing out of any hope people held. It’s pretty bad, no it’s really bad actually because we seen a team any manager will struggle to improve. I’m baffled how they actually call themselves footballers or better put, what skill is needed to become labeled a footballer to be paid large sums of money. Is there anyone at the club who recommends players or buys knows anything about football. 
No disrespect to Hull but I’ve seen better Sunday morning teams that would have given Hull more of a game. Players who don’t turn inside into a pack of opposition, players that can move into and find space, players that can pass and cross a decent ball, players that can read a game. 
I don’t see many of the bottom clubs playing any worse, they can’t, so there is no doubt in my mind we are truly and firmly odds on for the drop 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

Good odds are still available for relegation. Make yourself some easy money and put your money were your mouth is.

Nah it's alright, I'm not the sort of *** who bets against his own team. I know there are people on here who are that sort of person though!

Feel like whenever I get a bit cocky about Boro I get sent crashing back down to earth with a vengeance. That was a wakeup call for the fans, players, and Warnock that we are in just as much trouble as any other side.

Last night was a disaster... but Hull are still bloody lucky to walk away with 3 points, let's be honest. All it took was our players to take a breath, put their heads up, and find a team mate in the box and we would have had 2 or 3 ourselves.

I'll see what the response is like against QPR before writing us off. Though I am more than a little scared that this is a job too far even for Warnock.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Yes but Dave sweated a bit, now whether that was down to effort, or just been 20 stone well who knows!!! But at least he did.

Ah but according to our good friend @Erimus 63 over here, criticism is only worth listening to if it's coming from a fellow professional

34 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

Just put £100 on us to go down for a return of £467...

28 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Well the Hull game knocked the stuffing out of any hope people held. It’s pretty bad, no it’s really bad actually because we seen a team any manager will struggle to improve. I’m baffled how they actually call themselves footballers or better put, what skill is needed to become labeled a footballer to be paid large sums of money. Is there anyone at the club who recommends players or buys knows anything about football. 
No disrespect to Hull but I’ve seen better Sunday morning teams that would have given Hull more of a game. Players who don’t turn inside into a pack of opposition, players that can move into and find space, players that can pass and cross a decent ball, players that can read a game. 
I don’t see many of the bottom clubs playing any worse, they can’t, so there is no doubt in my mind we are truly and firmly odds on for the drop 

I'd like to think there is still time for Warnock to knock them into some sort of shape, but like you I have often watched our players and wondered how they actually managed to get contracts as professional footballers, when they seem so clueless.

Then again Gibson hired Woodgate, so I guess anything goes at Boro...

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Feel like whenever I get a bit cocky about Boro I get sent crashing back down to earth with a vengeance. That was a wakeup call for the fans, players, and Warnock that we are in just as much trouble as any other side.

Last night was a disaster... but Hull are still bloody lucky to walk away with 3 points, let's be honest. All it took was our players to take a breath, put their heads up, and find a team mate in the box and we would have had 2 or 3 ourselves.

I'll see what the response is like against QPR before writing us off. Though I am more than a little scared that this is a job too far even for Warnock.

Just had a re-appraisal of our remaining fixtures and reckon we have to be targeting QPR and Bristol as the two games we can pick up maximum points from.

Don't fancy our chances at Millwall, Reading or Wednesday (even with their off-field problems). Cardiff at home, for me, is a non-starter.

Seen some people saying we have a favourable run-in. Compared to what, exactly?

6 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I'd like to think there is still time for Warnock to knock them into some sort of shape, but like you I have often watched our players and wondered how they actually managed to get contracts as professional footballers, when they seem so clueless.

Then again Gibson hired Woodgate, so I guess anything goes at Boro...

Can't really argue with that but what has clearly been shown is the total lack of leadership on the pitch, desperately needed.

I will be honest this defeat, one of many, hurt me more so than any others because I really thought we would make a fist of it but as the game went on less than a handfull of players showed any desire.

How will this be turned? well Warnock has to find something in the last 6 games which was not shown over the previous 40 games.

No i really is not looking promosing and we can not rely on others screwing up as badly as we have done.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

QPR are not tearing anyone apart since the restart in fact they could be in trouble had not having better results earlier on.

Yes, you could be right but it's frightening how Stoke and Hull have tore us apart defensively at times in both games and they are not blessed with quality.

Those 2 players in particular are quality and pacey and I think we will struggle to contain those 2 players.

I think people forget against Stoke we were particularly lucky that they were really poor finishing easy chances. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yes, you could be right but it's frightening how Stoke and Hull have tore us apart defensively at times in both games and they are not blessed with quality.

Those 2 players in particular are quality and pacey and I think we will struggle to contain those 2 players.

I think people forget against Stoke we were particularly lucky that they were really poor finishing easy chances. 

To be honest I am just looking for any crumbs of comfort at this time.

Relegation could impact our club like no other time  and a real concern

• Like 2