oneBoro Forum

Squad Rebuild 2020/21

This is probably one of the biggest rebuilds I can remember.

The squad is so unbelievably poor across the board.

I have reservations about the keepers, the entire back four is in need of a revamp perhaps Fry and Spence to stay. 

We really have to creativity or goals in midfield and desperately short upfront.

Its either a nightmare or a dream opportunity for a manger. 

I fear with the funds we will have and our recruitment of late that we won't be able to replace the cross we have.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What basics are you on about? I think it takes a lot longer to adapt from the Austrian league to the championship playing in a *** team and having trained under a manager for 6 months who shouldn’t ma

I was told pre-Warnock we have an agreement in place with Sunderland for Lynden Gooch but it is dependent on if we stay in the Championship. We are also looking at Ruel Sotiriou but there is interest

I heard Billy Smart, Ronald McDonald, Oleg Popov, Krusty and Blinky are pitching up. 

6 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

This is probably one of the biggest rebuilds I can remember.

The squad is so unbelievably poor across the board.

I have reservations about the keepers, the entire back four is in need of a revamp perhaps Fry and Spence to stay. 

We really have to creativity or goals in midfield and desperately short upfront.

Its either a nightmare or a dream opportunity for a manger. 

I fear with the funds we will have and our recruitment of late that we won't be able to replace the cross we have.

I personally think that if we stay up the timing couldnt be better. Clubs all across Europe will be trying to shed wages and let people go for under market value fees. Players who would have been offered new contracts 6 months ago will now be free agents. If we pick our moves right we could make a team that can challenge at the right end of the table. 

Do I have faith that we will do that? Absolutely not. 

• Like 1

we3 need a full rebuild in defense id only keep spence wood and shotton as squad fillers maybe cash inon fry and pears, ayala looks to have played his last game anyway , the rest arent fit for purpose. weve no good keepers at alll either. 

midfield id onlly want to keep howson ,tav and coulson and id bin all our forwards except fletcher. so possibly up to 12 signings required plus 3 or 4 loansand thats not even going into the coaching, management and technicaland scouting areas.

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Stoj looks really suspect still, you'd have thought he'd have started to adapt to English football by now.

Yeah he’s had like 4 or 5 games. Seriously how long time does it take.

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

I personally think that if we stay up the timing couldnt be better. Clubs all across Europe will be trying to shed wages and let people go for under market value fees. Players who would have been offered new contracts 6 months ago will now be free agents. If we pick our moves right we could make a team that can challenge at the right end of the table. 

Do I have faith that we will do that? Absolutely not. 

There will be plenty of free agents this summer but also a lot of clubs looking at these players. I think it will level out and still come down to who offers the best package. This is football and it never reacts as you would expect I think transfer fees will drop but wages won't. 

Where there us probably an opportunity is looking at youngsters released from premier clubs but we seem to have the moneyball equation in reverse. 

Even with the likes of Gox available in hold out little hope.

29 minutes ago, Borodane said:
2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Stoj looks really suspect still, you'd have thought he'd have started to adapt to English football by now.

Yeah he’s had like 4 or 5 games. Seriously how long time does it take.

I thought I was being overly critical of him (I know, that's not like me) but I don't see much in him at all.  So far anyway.  I said the other day that he reminds me of Mejias in a way.

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Enough to have the basics down, surely? At times he looks like he's never played in goal before.

But also he’s playing behind a *** poor defence can hardly inspire him with confidence

57 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Enough to have the basics down, surely? At times he looks like he's never played in goal before.

What basics are you on about? I think it takes a lot longer to adapt from the Austrian league to the championship playing in a *** team and having trained under a manager for 6 months who shouldn’t manage a football team. There is no way he can put much trust in a defence containing Friend and Johnson. Do you honestly think Woodgate and his staff trained defensive shape with the defenders and keeper? It’s not like De Gea was an instant hit. It takes a lot longer than you think to adapt. 
Writing off a keeper after 4-5 games in a new league is crazy. 

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

What basics are you on about? I think it takes a lot longer to adapt from the Austrian league to the championship playing in a *** team and having trained under a manager for 6 months who shouldn’t manage a football team. There is no way he can put much trust in a defence containing Friend and Johnson. Do you honestly think Woodgate and his staff trained defensive shape with the defenders and keeper? It’s not like De Gea was an instant hit. It takes a lot longer than you think to adapt. 
Writing off a keeper after 4-5 games in a new league is crazy. 

Yes I remember the United fans slagging De gea off in the beginning too. 

From what I've seen Stojanovic isn't that bad, his kicking is good, OK I think he could of done better on the free kick (which Friend should of headed) but other than that I don't think he has done that badly IMO. 

I was told pre-Warnock we have an agreement in place with Sunderland for Lynden Gooch but it is dependent on if we stay in the Championship. We are also looking at Ruel Sotiriou but there is interest from Peterborough who seem to have a great track record of developing lower league talent then selling on for a profit with sell on for financial survival.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

I was told pre-Warnock we have an agreement in place with Sunderland for Lynden Gooch but it is dependent on if we stay in the Championship. We are also looking at Ruel Sotiriou but there is interest from Peterborough who seem to have a great track record of developing lower league talent then selling on for a profit with sell on for financial survival.

Yes! We definitely need more league 1 players if we stay up😩

35 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

Thank you for info mate.