oneBoro Forum

Squad Rebuild 2020/21

9 hours ago, Borodane said:

What basics are you on about? I think it takes a lot longer to adapt from the Austrian league to the championship playing in a *** team and having trained under a manager for 6 months who shouldn’t manage a football team. There is no way he can put much trust in a defence containing Friend and Johnson. Do you honestly think Woodgate and his staff trained defensive shape with the defenders and keeper? It’s not like De Gea was an instant hit. It takes a lot longer than you think to adapt. 
Writing off a keeper after 4-5 games in a new league is crazy. 

Well, catching the ball for a start. It shouldn't matter what league you've been playing in, if you can't catch and keep hold of a football you really should be questioning your ability to play in goal.

I hope he comes good, I really do. I just fear we have another Mejias on our hands.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What basics are you on about? I think it takes a lot longer to adapt from the Austrian league to the championship playing in a *** team and having trained under a manager for 6 months who shouldn’t ma

I was told pre-Warnock we have an agreement in place with Sunderland for Lynden Gooch but it is dependent on if we stay in the Championship. We are also looking at Ruel Sotiriou but there is interest

I heard Billy Smart, Ronald McDonald, Oleg Popov, Krusty and Blinky are pitching up. 

4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

We are also looking at the Italian Charlie Cairoli on a free. 

My fellow countryman Bobo Fossett is raging he hasn’t made the cut

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Well, catching the ball for a start. It shouldn't matter what league you've been playing in, if you can't catch and keep hold of a football you really should be questioning your ability to play in goal.

I hope he comes good, I really do. I just fear we have another Mejias on our hands.

Nearly every foreign keeper tends to punch. We’ve been spoilt having the best keeper in the league (by far) for a couple seasons. Reality is we are a bottom end championship club. Any keeper we get is likely to make mistakes and have inconsistencies. That’s what separates the best keepers from the rest. Either way I don’t even think that Stojanovic has been that bad? He’s made some good saves and has decent distribution. As mentioned he’s literally played 5 games for us.

a whole new bunch of teams to battle against and maybe a whole change of squad players to get used to getting behind. i can see reasons for adopting a fresh sense of positivity. maybe the staleness will be forgotten once net season starts .like sunderland we will be regarded as a scalp to other sides but that has posives as well as downsides. lets treat it as a new chapter rather than labelling us a abject failures for what this current lot did.also we,as fans needto reassess our ambitions, we need to set the goal as getting into the championship rather than wallowing in the beliefthat we should be aiming for premier league status. our new future begins as a third tier team ,wecant lve in the past anymore.  

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

lets treat it as a new chapter rather than labelling us a abject failures for what this current lot did.

I understand the anger directed at Gibson for the mistakes he has made and the fact we seem like a ship without a rudder but I could buy into what you are saying. With so many out of contract an opportunity to rebuild is exciting. That said I doubt I will be going to watch us whilst any of Mcnair, Howson, Fletcher and Assombalonga are there. Like most of us  brought up to work hard to achieve, watching this lot  going through the motions breeds so much resentment in me it is becoming unhealthy following the club they represent.

Apart from the players out of contract and the loan players leaving. What about the likes of Assombalonga, Fletcher, Saville, McNair and Fry perhaps either the club wanting to sell or the players not wanting League 1 football. There may be others.

What a rebuild it may be.