Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
LewisBoroPalfrey

Squad Rebuild 2020/21

Recommended Posts

This is probably one of the biggest rebuilds I can remember.

The squad is so unbelievably poor across the board.

I have reservations about the keepers, the entire back four is in need of a revamp perhaps Fry and Spence to stay. 

We really have to creativity or goals in midfield and desperately short upfront.

Its either a nightmare or a dream opportunity for a manger. 

I fear with the funds we will have and our recruitment of late that we won't be able to replace the cross we have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stoj looks really suspect still, you'd have thought he'd have started to adapt to English football by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

This is probably one of the biggest rebuilds I can remember.

The squad is so unbelievably poor across the board.

I have reservations about the keepers, the entire back four is in need of a revamp perhaps Fry and Spence to stay. 

We really have to creativity or goals in midfield and desperately short upfront.

Its either a nightmare or a dream opportunity for a manger. 

I fear with the funds we will have and our recruitment of late that we won't be able to replace the cross we have.

I personally think that if we stay up the timing couldnt be better. Clubs all across Europe will be trying to shed wages and let people go for under market value fees. Players who would have been offered new contracts 6 months ago will now be free agents. If we pick our moves right we could make a team that can challenge at the right end of the table. 

Do I have faith that we will do that? Absolutely not. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we3 need a full rebuild in defense id only keep spence wood and shotton as squad fillers maybe cash inon fry and pears, ayala looks to have played his last game anyway , the rest arent fit for purpose. weve no good keepers at alll either. 

midfield id onlly want to keep howson ,tav and coulson and id bin all our forwards except fletcher. so possibly up to 12 signings required plus 3 or 4 loansand thats not even going into the coaching, management and technicaland scouting areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Stoj looks really suspect still, you'd have thought he'd have started to adapt to English football by now.

Yeah he’s had like 4 or 5 games. Seriously how long time does it take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

I personally think that if we stay up the timing couldnt be better. Clubs all across Europe will be trying to shed wages and let people go for under market value fees. Players who would have been offered new contracts 6 months ago will now be free agents. If we pick our moves right we could make a team that can challenge at the right end of the table. 

Do I have faith that we will do that? Absolutely not. 

There will be plenty of free agents this summer but also a lot of clubs looking at these players. I think it will level out and still come down to who offers the best package. This is football and it never reacts as you would expect I think transfer fees will drop but wages won't. 

Where there us probably an opportunity is looking at youngsters released from premier clubs but we seem to have the moneyball equation in reverse. 

Even with the likes of Gox available in hold out little hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Borodane said:
2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Stoj looks really suspect still, you'd have thought he'd have started to adapt to English football by now.

Yeah he’s had like 4 or 5 games. Seriously how long time does it take.

I thought I was being overly critical of him (I know, that's not like me) but I don't see much in him at all.  So far anyway.  I said the other day that he reminds me of Mejias in a way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Yeah he’s had like 4 or 5 games. Seriously how long time does it take.

Enough to have the basics down, surely? At times he looks like he's never played in goal before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Enough to have the basics down, surely? At times he looks like he's never played in goal before.

But also he’s playing behind a *** poor defence can hardly inspire him with confidence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every single summer is a massive rebuild for this club at the moment. As long as we stay in the championship I'm happy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Enough to have the basics down, surely? At times he looks like he's never played in goal before.

What basics are you on about? I think it takes a lot longer to adapt from the Austrian league to the championship playing in a *** team and having trained under a manager for 6 months who shouldn’t manage a football team. There is no way he can put much trust in a defence containing Friend and Johnson. Do you honestly think Woodgate and his staff trained defensive shape with the defenders and keeper? It’s not like De Gea was an instant hit. It takes a lot longer than you think to adapt. 
Writing off a keeper after 4-5 games in a new league is crazy. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

What basics are you on about? I think it takes a lot longer to adapt from the Austrian league to the championship playing in a *** team and having trained under a manager for 6 months who shouldn’t manage a football team. There is no way he can put much trust in a defence containing Friend and Johnson. Do you honestly think Woodgate and his staff trained defensive shape with the defenders and keeper? It’s not like De Gea was an instant hit. It takes a lot longer than you think to adapt. 
Writing off a keeper after 4-5 games in a new league is crazy. 

Yes I remember the United fans slagging De gea off in the beginning too. 

From what I've seen Stojanovic isn't that bad, his kicking is good, OK I think he could of done better on the free kick (which Friend should of headed) but other than that I don't think he has done that badly IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told pre-Warnock we have an agreement in place with Sunderland for Lynden Gooch but it is dependent on if we stay in the Championship. We are also looking at Ruel Sotiriou but there is interest from Peterborough who seem to have a great track record of developing lower league talent then selling on for a profit with sell on for financial survival.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

I was told pre-Warnock we have an agreement in place with Sunderland for Lynden Gooch but it is dependent on if we stay in the Championship. We are also looking at Ruel Sotiriou but there is interest from Peterborough who seem to have a great track record of developing lower league talent then selling on for a profit with sell on for financial survival.

 

Yes! We definitely need more league 1 players if we stay up😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

I was told pre-Warnock we have an agreement in place with Sunderland for Lynden Gooch but it is dependent on if we stay in the Championship. We are also looking at Ruel Sotiriou but there is interest from Peterborough who seem to have a great track record of developing lower league talent then selling on for a profit with sell on for financial survival.

 

Thank you for info mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • I thought Billy Ashcroft as well 😳
    • I like the idea of Roberts and Tav supporting a striker and think its worth trying out for a few games.  Im hoping we are capable of a convincing win where we score more than 2 goals. I fancy Britt to get his first of the season on Tuesday. Howson can keep his hair longer. Embrace the length before age steals that opportunity from you. It makes him look like a smart price George with it longer as well. Its a good drawing you did although my initial thoughts was it was Billy Ashcroft.
    • Much prefer him right of a back 3 than a traditional fullback; not sure he quite has it technically high up the field. Having said that, he’s the best right back at the club, so, if we’re playing 4 at the back I prefer him to Spence.
    • The only decent side they've played is Watford really, where they got a good three points to be fair to them.  They've played Wycombe, Rotherham, Derby, Barnsley, us and Cardiff.  How many points would we be aiming for from that lot?  Say at least 13 points from the other 6 games, so as not to include ourselves, as opposed to 19 from the 7?  Their win at Cardiff would look more impressive if I hadn't just seen where Cardiff are at the moment, and they look a lot like us to be honest - reasonably well organised but with next to no attacking threat.  We can be right in the mix if we can win more games so the next two in particular are big in that regard.  Two wins required to turn this start into a good one.
    • I remember when we had a 'brilliant squad', it didn't quite play like it though.  On paper means nothing, they don't look like a brilliant side at the moment so I don't believe we did do really well to get a draw with them.  It was a lousy game of football with a deserved result overall.  I sincerely hope that isn't the template for what direction we are aiming for.
×
×
  • Create New...