oneBoro Forum

What would some positives be if we got relegated?

20 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

My lad mentioned that we could bypass Wycombe Wanderers (nearest team to where we live) should we go down and they get promotion, horrible thought! 

Silver lining for me is the Cobblers got promoted to League 1, so if we do go down, at least I have an away day on my doorstep!

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

None. There is never anything remotely positive about relegation. There are excuses like "time to clean up" "give the kids a chance" "kickstart the club" but it's all excuses and nothing positive.

Have we benefited from being relegated from the premiership?

It would be a disaster, there is no guarantee that div 1 will start until crowds are allowed back in the ground, that won’t be until next calendar year at the earliest. With our wage bill and no incom

You could argue that we've been meticulously planning for League 1 for 3 seasons now, so it's positive that we will reach our goal. Maybe the top brass will now show the desire and skill to set a plan to make us better.

There are none. It would be a disaster for the club in my opinion. 

Remember how easily we were (twice) going to bounce back to the Prem? We'd just become a League 1 club and struggle intensely with a poor squad and no money even if we did manage to get back up. 

8 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I think it's important to remember that technically we are still 3pts above relegation zone once you take the 12pts of Wigan. 

And that the teams below us are in better form than us.

As to the original question.  None.  You wouldn't be asking it about another club being relegated, because there is no bright side.  You are only looking for any positive because it's Boro.  It would be awful, possibly financially catastrophic.

Going down would absolutely cripple the club in many aspects, none more than financially.

Season ticket sales wouldn't be any more than 10k.

At least this forum would be relatively quiet if we were to get relegated.

It would be a disaster, there is no guarantee that div 1 will start until crowds are allowed back in the ground, that won’t be until next calendar year at the earliest. With our wage bill and no income, we’ll go bust, it’s that simple. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Borodane said:

We can do that in the Championship. You don't need relegation for that. Relegation will just make it even harder. There is no doubt in my mind that we won't get promoted again and the financial implications will just mean that we will have to adjust and become another run of the mill lower league club with a stadium that is way too big and will look like it's empty every week. The future is pitch black if we are relegated.

Yes I agree we could do it in the championship but you are missing the point, if we dont go down Clayton, Friend, Britt and others who are like them wont leave, who ever takes over wont get rid because "the squad will need experience to stay up". He will then realise half through the season whats hes done and by then it be too late as the fans will have turned against him and the play will by horrible. In league one I dont think that experience excuse is there, they'll say they need to build for the future. 

I dont want the club to go down but I also dont want them hanging on to dead wood either. 

1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

I’m not advocating going down, I want us to stay up. I don’t think we will stay up but trying to find some positives. 

The only positive is that we're not down yet and we have a manager who's got out of this situation before. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

The only positive is that we're not down yet and we have a manager who's got out of this situation before. 

Completely agree about the manager, but after yesterday I’m really trying and struggling to find positives in the players to get us out of the mess. Warnock can only do so much!

5 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Completely agree about the manager, but after yesterday I’m really trying and struggling to find positives in the players to get us out of the mess. Warnock can only do so much!

It's one of the biggest challenges he's faced, for sure. From the post match interview, I think he was as baffled and p**** off about the total absence of quality as we all were. 

1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It would be a disaster, there is no guarantee that div 1 will start until crowds are allowed back in the ground, that won’t be until next calendar year at the earliest. With our wage bill and no income, we’ll go bust, it’s that simple. 

That is a very valid point about crowds and probably overlooked by many of us, I beileve that we simply can not afford to go down plain and simple