oneBoro Forum

1 minute ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

i am sad

We are missing the titanic violin guy today. 

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I hate gibson sacked karanka just because he demanded more investment 

Gibson sacked AK because he crapped himself when we went up and he realised how much it was going to cost to service a PL team. Gibson wanted to be relegated.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Erimus 63 said:

Gibson sacked AK because he crapped himself when we went up and he realised how much it was going to cost to service a PL team. Gibson wanted to be relegated.

true but I feel we could of done a Burnley 

We're gone. I can't see us scoring unless it's an absolute blunder from the other team.

Even then we're still bound to concede one a game, so we need two defensive mistakes to even get 3 points.

• Like 1

Pears

Spence

Fry

Moukoudi

Coulson

Roberts 

Saville

McNair

Tav

Fletcher

Britt

Is it really that hard to pick a team that could compete?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheJew said:

Pears

Spence

Fry

Moukoudi

Coulson

Roberts 

Saville

McNair

Tav

Fletcher

Britt

that is definitely the best side we have 

Just now, TheJew said:

Pears

Spence

Fry

Moukoudi

Coulson

Roberts 

Saville

McNair

Tav

Fletcher

Britt

Would seem so !

Another sucker punch delivered to the Boro

Sadly I think that we are now out for the count!

AnglianRed,im the one who had that horrible feeling about Hugill & no i didnt have money on it!!...What are the chances of  Leagues 1 & 2 not stating next season at all, ive been frantically searching skyscanner for flights from Cork to Lincoln to no avail! Hopefully we might scrape enough points to stay up but i have to say it looks pretty grim

• Haha 1

Warnock mentioned issues behind the scenes the other day. I wonder if there’s something going on we don’t know about. The team is showing absolutely nothing, no fight or passion or leadership. Howson has just signed a new contract and looked less interested today than he has all season. It’s a shambles. 

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Every single result went our way, so we would obviously lose.

QPR 3 defeats on the trot what better team to play than Boro, guarenteed to stop the rot!

Wish Howson hadnt signed on tbf. Part of the problem more than the solution to me.

Watched online today and listened to tees commentary. First time I think I’ve totally agreed with what Maddo’s analysis. I genuinely though Warnock would save us as I don’t think our squad is as bad as the table suggests (I’m not saying the table is a lie!) But, maybe he won’t have the time he needs to properly assess the squad and use what we’ve actually got effectively. 
We looked shambolic again today. Why Roberts wasn’t played through the middle with Tav instead of Saville? What was Moukoudi supposed to be doing? Putting him at CB for Friend, Howson in CDM, Shotton at RB would’ve given us a more balanced line up and maybe a chance of competing. Just my thoughts... 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• In the newspaper report  for this game the Boro team is given as:   Williams, Woodham, Jones, Stiles. Spraggon, Boam, Downing, Mills, Hickton, Vincent, Laidlaw.  Subs - Gates, McMordie, Stone. Williams and Woodham mean nothing to me. I assume that Williams is a misprint and that it was actually Whigham (especially as David Mills is also referred to as Hills) but does anyone remember Woodham?   Hibs' team was - Price, Brownlie, McKewan, Stanton, Black. Blackley, Stevenson, Hamilton, Baker, Cropley, Duncan.  Subs - Pringle, O'Rourke, Graham. A future Boro player in there!
    • (Apologies to Erimus for referencing matches he's previously referred to - we haven't played on 7 August very often!) August 7th 1971 Boro 4 Hibernian 2  (Yes, Erimus - Hibs again!) Boro looked in fine fettle a week ahead of the 1971/72 season as they swept aside Hibernian more comfortably than the scoreline suggests. New signings Stuart Boam and Nobby Stiles appeared to be settling in well. Boam bought more presence to the defence, albeit looking hesitant at times, while Stiles used his experience to control the game from the middle of the park before coming off at half time. He said that he had done so partly to give someone else a run out and partly to have a look at the team from a trainer's perspective and that having done so he had a feeling that it wouldn't be too long before he was playing at Old Trafford again. As it turned out, he was right, but only because Boro drew Manchester United in the FA Cup later in the season. Against Hibs, Boro were 4-0 up by the interval as Hibs' young goalkeeper, who was only playing because their new first choice keeper's international clearance papers hadn't arrived, was regularly left stranded by his statuesque defence. John Hickton helped himself to a hat trick and Joe Laidlaw chipped in with another. Hickton got the first after just two minutes with a glancing header from a free kick from wide on the left. It was 2-0 after five minutes after a goalmouth mix up allowed Laidlaw to score off the post. Laidlaw turned provider after 20 minutes, crossing from the right for Hickton to head home, and Big John completed his hat trick on 35 minutes with another simple header. Boro relaxed in the second half, allowing Hibs to make the score more respectable with two quick headed goals of their own. The first came from Joe Baker after 52 minutes, with second half substitute Hazel adding the second on 58 minutes. All in all though, a good performance by Boro. They now had a midweek friendly with Benfica to look forward to (which famously brought back together Stiles and Eusebio) and then it was all set for the opening league fixture at Portsmouth. (This is Boro we're talking about - you know what happened next).   In the news - 2800 shipyard workers at Swan Hunter voted by just 45 votes to remain on strike after the latest pay offer fell 25p a week below their demands, two brothers were rescued off the North Sea coast after cutting the roof off their van and paddling out to sea on it (yes, really), the crew of Apollo 15 splashed down safely in the Pacific and three soldiers were shot during rioting in Belfast. Top of the charts - Get it On by T Rex.
    • No my friend you have voluteered and your name is on the list, I appreciated the efforts made last time out
    • Downsouth, only if you run out of volunteers 👍
    • So I guess that must mean we will win the Carling Cup and get to the final of the FA Cup as well! Big dreams Sonni, can I have what you are on?