oneBoro Forum

I want to see creativity today and that means Morrison and Roberts both being on the pitch. It won’t happen but we looked devoid of it last time out v Hull that surely we need to vary our approach from just the wide areas?

1 hour ago, boro-unger said:

Hugill is a big Boro fan. I know you usually want to do your best for your current club, but surely he won't want to doom us to league 1! Do us a favour Jord

I suspect like the previous times he's played and scored against us he won't give a toss when he gets on the pitch. In fact, he probably now has a point to prove after all his critics up here.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I suspect like the previous times he's played and scored against us he won't give a toss when he gets on the pitch. In fact, he probably now has a point to prove after all his critics up here.

We weren't in danger of getting relegated then though. I'm sure old huggy has a heart! 

36 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Expect a lot of changes today. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Tav, Clayton, Nmecha, Wing potentially start. The players have only had 2 days rest. Worth noting QPR players have had 4 days. 
Not confident in the slightest today. Think Eze will torture whoever he’s up against. 

Aye, I at least would expect Tav in the team but I'm not sure Warnock sees him as a centre mid or a left winger (the latter of which, neither do I).

I'd rather Tav than Wing in midfield after last time out, though.

• Like 1

Just now, boro-unger said:

We weren't in danger of getting relegated then though. I'm sure old huggy has a heart! 

fight club hug GIF

29 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I want to see creativity today and that means Morrison and Roberts both being on the pitch. It won’t happen but we looked devoid of it last time out v Hull that surely we need to vary our approach from just the wide areas?

Bloody hell, crystal ball?? 

• Like 3

If we don't score with that team we never will. Shock and awe.

Looks like 3-5-2. Pleased with two up front again 

Very interesting team!

Morrison needs to perform.

Dijksteel is finally fit again.

First time in a long time that I'm saying this, but I like that team, if it's set up as a 343 as it looks to be - although it could also be a 442 with friend back to left back.

Not sure what that formation is. If I had to guess it is 3-4-3

I'm glad to see Fletcher and Britt back up front together as when they play on their own are so isolated and ineffective

Who is playing right back?

• Latest Posts

• I'm not usually in favour of going for players who have reputations for attitude problems, leopards and spots and all that. But I do think with a team as functional and as rigid as ours, Marcus Maddison wouldn't be the worst signing in the world, assuming the wages were at the lower end of the scale. As an option off the bench, even having an impact a handful of times over the season could make a difference. However, I'd imagine that if we're still in for Roberts, he's probably going to fill that same spot in the squad. 
    • From everything I've heard/seen he does seem to have a massively over inflated opinion of himself. I'm sure in January, there was talk in the press that he'd priced himself out of a move to the championship. I found this YouTube video (I'll post the link below) of the Peterborough chairman talking about their January window, of which Maddison is discussed at length. Very much backs up that Maddison has priced himself out of moves and has a high opinion of himself. His agents also seem like tools too. In the video he also mentions that 7 clubs had interest in Toney and another 7 had interest, but couldn't do a deal until the summer due to FFP. Wonder if we were one of those. He also mentions 1 club making 4 bids in January, and he mentions he "loves their model", which in my opinion is Brentford.  
    • I am surprised neither Roberts or Murphy have been loaned out yet. Two very capable players for Championship clubs.
    • I think from so what he was saying. The illustration he gave was one of his clients is on 10k a week. 3k is a weekly wage and 7k is  bonus and other things. The player gets his 3k as a wage and the other rolls on and is paid every three months as a lumper. He had a special word for it but I forget. That means this player is currently owed something like 100,000. So not peanuts. The agent seemed to think players will either have to sacrifice their bonuses, loose them if clubs go bust or wait until the money is paid.  It will effect everyone differently. Those starting the game and those near the end if their careers will be the biggest effected.   I will see if I can dig up a link it was a good interview 
    • I think we would be conceding 5 every game if we did that