oneBoro Forum

8 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

But havent people been saying all season that it's been woodgates fault and our squad is good enough? 🤔

He is Part of the reason the squad isnt good enough, for not speaking out against Gibson under-spending and getting the wrong players in. The other thing is they seemed to get progressively worse under his management apart from a short spike at xmas where he had to play the kids due to injuries which he then dropped when senior players came back. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a bloody mess. This season is everything wrong with this club encapsulated in 9 months.  - Terribly Ran  - Owner that refuses to accept any criticism  - players on ridiculous infla

If we do go down, the club has to be taken to town for it. Absolutely has to be. We were in the Premier League 3 years ago. Now we're looking more and more likely to be in League One. Owner has to own

I love how Boro fans on BBC Tees are saying that we should of stuck with Pulis. Comments like that just sum up our fans atm and how poor the club is getting run.  Blinded fans that probably haven

Posted Images

Just now, thomas said:

Part of the reason the squad isnt good enough, for not speaking out against Gibson under-spending and getting the wrong players in. The other thing is they seemed to get progressively worse under his management apart from a short spike at xmas where he had to play the kids due to injuries which he then dropped when senior players came back. 

I'm not defending woodgate, he was pretty awful and didnt look like he was improving. But I've said since day one of the season that this squad was going to struggle this season - it's probably the worst balanced squad in the league (particularly before January, but not much better now) and the quality isnt much better.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

The majority being poor mens versions of Gary ONeill. Jack of all trades master of none

I have the exact same thoughts when I see us play. 

17 minutes ago, thomas said:

He is Part of the reason the squad isnt good enough, for not speaking out against Gibson under-spending and getting the wrong players in.

I don't think Woodgate really had much choice in terms of what players he got in. There was absolutely no chance Gibson was going to authorise spending more than we have done when we were trying to cut our cloth. There's no doubt the players brought in have been failures in terms of this season, or perhaps better to say they've not immediately improved our squad, given they've ended up with 20 starts between them. And if Woodgate really was the driving force behind those players coming in then sure, he takes some of the blame there.

But I'll also say that I don't think he had a huge freedom of choice, the idea that it's Woodgate's fault that our chairman wouldn't spend more money when that's come from the previous 2-3 years of spending too much money and the two previous managers hunting down much more expensive players who also didn't improve our squad... it's those signings that have killed us. Whatever our squad is this season, it's a long hangover of previous years, which the signings we did make this season didn't really have a hope in hell of solving.

• Like 2

I mean Warnock's playing Johnson at left back because he doesn't trust Coulson who's spent his life being a winger up until Woodgate's epiphany last August, he's having to play Friend centrally because we let Ayala's contract run down instead of selling him last summer which belied the delusion that I believe will cost us millions by simply not accepting we needed to cut the nearly out of contract loose because for whatever reason they genuinely thought Woodgate was the second coming and he'd have us near the top of the league.

Also our previous manager ditched our only other LB in January back to Blackpool and one of our few actually attacking players he shifted to Oxford because he couldn't get him playing and we needed a space for Lukas Nmecha and a spot on the bench for Ravel Morrison.

Woe is Woodgate doesn't work for me these players we have are either supposedly brilliant young players like Coulson/Tav/Spence and proven Championship midfielders who all have track records scoring in this league whether it's Howson/Mcnair/Saville/Wing then we are left with the 2 strikers Fletcher's solid at this level and Britt's had an awful season.

Warnock's walked into a mess no doubt if he had Moukoudi fit and could push Friend out to LB maybe the Hull result is different but there is proven players in that squad that should have enough to dig us out of this.

• Like 2

i'm thinking this match shotton is back in the team at right back. unless mouk is unfit the howson is right shotts center. either way shotton will start. 

i'd like to see(sort of expect warnock to go with) 442 this time;

------------------stov

shotton---- fry mouk ----friend

roberts saville howson coulson

--------------fletch britt

other variation(no mouk):

------------------stov

howson---- fry shotton ----friend or howson fry friend johnson

roberts saville mcnair coulson

what i'd like to see, coulsons end product was shocking but he is better defensively than johnson;

------------------stov

shotton---- fry friend----coulson

roberts saville howson tav

To be fair its whoever decided that the transfer strategy was to be in choosing League 1 players of little experience. This should have only have been done after ensuring that the team had a solid base, which we clearly hadnt, being both ageing and unbalanced.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think Woodgate really had much choice in terms of what players he got in. There was absolutely no chance Gibson was going to authorise spending more than we have done when we were trying to cut our cloth. There's no doubt the players brought in have been failures in terms of this season, or perhaps better to say they've not immediately improved our squad, given they've ended up with 20 starts between them. And if Woodgate really was the driving force behind those players coming in then sure, he takes some of the blame there.

But I'll also say that I don't think he had a huge freedom of choice, the idea that it's Woodgate's fault that our chairman wouldn't spend more money when that's come from the previous 2-3 years of spending too much money and the two previous managers hunting down much more expensive players who also didn't improve our squad... it's those signings that have killed us. Whatever our squad is this season, it's a long hangover of previous years, which the signings we did make this season didn't really have a hope in hell of solving.

I dont know about all the signings but Woodgate did say he wanted Dijksteel at the club. 

The player who's disappointed me is Dael Fry, yes he's had injuries but for a big lad 6ft 4 he's not very commanding in the box or strong enough for my liking. You hear it Dael Fry's getting fouled in the box, he should be knocking  strikers all over the place, wants a boot up the *** in my opinion and start showing some of the potential we thought he had.

4 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

Looking like we will start the game in the bottom 3. I fail to understand what more insentive they need. 

Nothing but a win will do. 

Indeed and my seldom used phrase is certainly applicable but I will not mention it because Boro never seem to recognise the importance so to me this is just a stroll in the park between two teams who have nothing to fight for.

Reverse phsycology being used here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3