oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough vs QPR (H)

The year is 2012, the headlines read:

"Queens Park Rangers have sacked manager Neil Warnock after a run of eight Premier League games without a win.

The 63-year-old took charge at Loftus Road in March 2010 and led Rangers to promotion last season, but leaves with them lying 17th in the top flight."

Neil is left to stew in a fit of rage: after catapulting QPR into the Premier League, he's been sacked halfway through the next season before he could even recover from his new years hangover! He begins plotting his elaborate revenge, after 8 years and 6 (largely irrelevant) jobs later he finally has the chance to prove himself by keeping a relegation threatened team in the league, whilst doing it against the team that didn't believe he had that survival instinct in him. This is the story of Neil Warnock's redemption!

premier league football GIF by BT Sport

Matchday Information

Sunday 2pm brings us a do or die clash as Warnock’s Boro failed to keep some momentum going against fellow basement dwellers Hull, the hiring of Warnock has failed to arrest the slump in matchday ticket sales as the attendance is staying steady around the 0 mark. We have home advantage for this, if that still makes a difference…

After being excited about football starting again, I am now equally excited for football to be finished again. With QPR having nothing to play for - losing all 3 of their fixtures since the return - can we take advantage of their bad form and seemingly indifferent performances? The good news is that at this end of the table one positive result will give us a massive amount of breathing room.

The Reverse Fixture

Earlier on in the season – We played to a 2-2 draw in a period of 10 games without a win. We’ll all be hoping that the Hull game isn't the start of a similar run of results. There’s only so many teams left who can let us off the hook by going into administration.

Injuries

Both sides have a clean bill of health for this one.

View from the Opposition

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/260261/middlesbrough-sunday/#27

Questions

Score predictions for this one?

Lineups for the game?

Will Warnock keep us safe? Will he be here next year if he does?

Do we even deserve to stay up if we rely on other teams being handed points deductions?

Do you prefer to have your Saturday ruined or your Sunday ruined?

• Like 5
  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a bloody mess. This season is everything wrong with this club encapsulated in 9 months.  - Terribly Ran  - Owner that refuses to accept any criticism  - players on ridiculous infla

If we do go down, the club has to be taken to town for it. Absolutely has to be. We were in the Premier League 3 years ago. Now we're looking more and more likely to be in League One. Owner has to own

I love how Boro fans on BBC Tees are saying that we should of stuck with Pulis. Comments like that just sum up our fans atm and how poor the club is getting run.  Blinded fans that probably haven

Posted Images

We have struggled defensively against two poor sides in Stoke and Hull, I cant see how we will cope with a far better side in QPR.

4 nil to Qpr, also a player to be sent off in a similar manner to the stoke player

• Angry 1
  • Wow 1

The fixtures are abit unfair on Boro how QPR have had 2 extra days to prepare for this. Then after this we play Millwall who are playing tonight Friday so they have extra recovery before us. But regarding the game we simply have to turn up and win I don't care how just get the win any means possible!

• Like 1

Well if QPR have done their homework then they attack down our right, they'll be hoping either Johnson or Friend are left back, ones crap and hasn't got a brain, the other ones past it, so bit of pace or skill and we're in trouble.

Id go with 4,4,2 to get both of our strikers on the pitch to hopefully give us firepower - 

....................................................Stajonovic......................

Spence/Howson......Fry...........Moukoudi.............Coulson

Roberts...................Howson/Saville....McNair..............Tav

.............................Britt..............Fletcher...................................

Hopefully spence is fit so Howson can go in the middle but if hes not then play him at right back and Saville in the middle. I think Roberts needs to be told to be less greedy and make better decisions, hopefully Coulson will overlap Tav at times and give them problems down the left. 

5 hours ago, Foogle said:

Score predictions for this one?

2-0 boro I hope

Lineups for the game?

Stojanovic

Shotton           Fry                Mikoudi            Johnson

Roberts   Saville          Howson         McNair       Coulson

Fletcher

Will Warnock keep us safe? Will he be here next year if he does?

I think so. With such a rebuild needed I don't think so. Pointless signing the number of players we need on multi year contracts for a guy who would be here for 1 season.

Do we even deserve to stay up if we rely on other teams being handed points deductions?

For FFP stuff we do. I feel sorry for teams like Wigan who have fallen foul of the leagues fit and proper person test.

Do you prefer to have your Saturday ruined or your Sunday ruined?

I am working the next 3 weekends so they are already ruined. I prefer us getting beat on a Sunday though as work the following day usually takes my mind off it.

14 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Ehhhhhhhh, I'll go with my head rather than my heart and say we lose this by two clear goals.

12 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Have to go with my head. If we try and keep it tight and not give up, Loose 4-0. 

Booooooooooooooooo 

• Like 1