oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

16 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

If Cardiff win tonight Millwall will have very little to play for that could really help! 

And right on cue Blackburn go ahead 🤦‍♂️

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done, apart from a few spells from us you deserved that. I didn't think it was a pen in the first half, I didn't think it was much of a foul for your first, it looked like Cooper slipped.  T

Well like @Islanderits my birthday too (43 today) And Boro have given me the best present possible.  so happy just now 😀😀😀

Must mention Stoj's saves at 0-0. Would have been a very different game if he hadn't made them

Posted Images

I can’t honestly predict a draw or a win without feeling hypocritical. I am a empty vessel and sorry to say I simply have no faith or hope left in me. I think we will be lucky to pick up any points and it’s just a painful period until it’s official and the last nail is hammered into the coffin and we can officially go into mourning. 

I believe it’s terminal and it’s just a waiting game. 

From the mood of those I talk to there is not a soul who believes we can stay up. 

I hope as I do when I buy a lottery ticket but the chances of winning are probably the same. I’ll buy one tomorrow because if your not in it you can’t win it. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

I’d go for a revolutionary approach of playing players in their actual positions, rather than a CM at RB, a LB at CB, a LM at LB, a CB at CM and ravel Morrison on the pitch.
so something like;

spence-moukoudi-fry-coulson

- - - - - - McNair Saville - - - -

roberts - - - - -  - - - - - - - -tavernier

- - -  - - -  - fletcher- - - britt

It’s not what id actually play but I think it’s a reasonable proposal given the players NW appears to prefer.

As CT mentioned our defence, whilst not watertight, has been (relatively) okay.

That said we can’t wait around to go 1-0 down and then try and do something coz we’re pants at the other end.

im going 2-1 Boro with a late pen to win it.

Are we assuming that John Hickton will be taking the penalty?

I would not worry about whether Millwall are up for it or not. Its whether we are up for it that will determine if we get anything.

QPR came here with little to play for but because we were not at the races we lost as opposed to anything QPR did.

4 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I would not worry about whether Millwall are up for it or not. Its whether we are up for it that will determine if we get anything.

QPR came here with little to play for but because we were not at the races we lost as opposed to anything QPR did.

You couldn't really legislate for Hugill scoring a worldy. That said even though we were crap and sloppy, but we should've got a point out of it.

• Like 1

We (Millwall) haven't taken to the no crowd games very well,  our home support is important, maybe more so than some other clubs. I'm sure everyone thinks their own home crowd are the best.

We lost our first game at home to Derby 2-3 after taking the lead, just stood off and watched Rooney play tippy tap, that wouldn't have happened with a full Den. We were poor in the next two draws at Barnsley and home to Swansea. Friday night game at Charlton we played well and should've run out two or three up instead of the 0-1 win. 

We have everything to play for this afternoon, however we are Millwall and never do things the easy way, after a lifetime over 50 years of following I'm not at all confident of winning. Probably doesn't help you lot, but we normally f**k things up. 

BTW we now have an excellent manager in Rowett, a breath of fresh air in terms of tactics, subs and after match comments when he says if he got it wrong.  And can we have Savile back please. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Can't feel anything but a loss today, everything is stacked against us. Long trip down, early kick off and it's Millwall. If Warnock can't get us playing I think we're doomed. 

Of course this the Boro we're talking about so it wouldn't surprise me if we stuffed them 😂

I'm going for a 2 - 0 loss. 

6 minutes ago, London Wall said:

We (Millwall) haven't taken to the no crowd games very well,  our home support is important, maybe more so than some other clubs. I'm sure everyone thinks their own home crowd are the best.

We lost our first game at home to Derby 2-3 after taking the lead, just stood off and watched Rooney play tippy tap, that wouldn't have happened with a full Den. We were poor in the next two draws at Barnsley and home to Swansea. Friday night game at Charlton we played well and should've run out two or three up instead of the 0-1 win. 

We have everything to play for this afternoon, however we are Millwall and never do things the easy way, after a lifetime over 50 years of following I'm not at all confident of winning. Probably doesn't help you lot, but we normally f**k things up. 

BTW we now have an excellent manager in Rowett, a breath of fresh air in terms of tactics, subs and after match comments when he says if he got it wrong.  And can we have Savile back please. 

Thanks for coming on here and sharing the Millwall perspective. Regarding Savile please please please take him off our hands 😁

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, London Wall said:

We'll sell you Saville. Not for money, but for points... 3 should be enough!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

We'll sell you Saville. Not for money, but for points... 3 should be enough!

Start at 6 BU.... let him talk you down to the 3 👍

• Haha 3

Still no hope for Boro today. Reckon Millwall will cruise this. If only we can manage to keep a clean sheet and actually get the ball to Britt and Fletcher INSIDE the box.

• Like 2
  • Uwe featured this topic