oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

Anyone think Warnock might be tempted to go with Fry,Shotton & Mouk as a back 3 to counteract 6ft 6in Smith,Shotton scares me with the ball at his feet but might  be very useful in this battle in the air, Ged Wallace looked very good v Charlton as well.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done, apart from a few spells from us you deserved that. I didn't think it was a pen in the first half, I didn't think it was much of a foul for your first, it looked like Cooper slipped.  T

Well like @Islanderits my birthday too (43 today) And Boro have given me the best present possible.  so happy just now 😀😀😀

Must mention Stoj's saves at 0-0. Would have been a very different game if he hadn't made them

Posted Images

I dont think Warnock fancies Shotton or Clayton.

He has persisted with George at CB but Shotton a better cb than George imo, especially in a back 4. And as far as Clayton is concerned well Warnock played a CB in his position yesterdsy

Stojanovic

Spence      Shotton   Mikoudi  Fry       Coulson

Roberts       Dijksteel     Clayton   Tavanier

Fletcher

I so thought that this match was on at 5pm.  Let's hope my 2pm work meeting takes less than an hour.  (Or do I want the meeting to go on for ages so that I avoid seeing how rubbish we are?)

At this point I'd usually go check out how Millwall were doing and figure out how we could beat them. But whilst Stoke wasn't exactly a masterclass, the last two games in particular have left me bereft of confidence in this side. This squad isn't built out of League One quality players and yet the lack of quality coming from players at the moment makes it look like they are. Our passing and movement is so key to the way Warnock wants us to play but I just don't think anyone is really tackling this task together right now. We see some individual quality on display, particularly from Roberts and Britt at times in the last few games, but it's just not coming together as a unit. The final ball or decision is made too late, too strong or too weak. I agree with some others that I don't think that effort is necessarily the issue... it's just quality when and where it matters. We don't have a single player in the squad right now who's capable of planting a ball on a player's noggin on a consistent basis from a dead ball, never mind when in the flow of play.

Still, the team? Hopefully Spence is back... this is what comes to mind.

Stojanovic

Spence Fry Friend Coulson

Tav Howson Saville

Roberts Fletcher Britt

This is what I would want to see. More of a 3-5-2 which has worked for us at times this season. I feel like we need Howson in midfield as our midfielders are just useless and lack any leadership, he can at least make a tackle. Saville to start if we want more balance or Tav if we wanna go for it.

Roberts behind the striker and just let him run at them on the counter attack, maybe him and Britt could get something going. Let Spence and Coulson offer our pace and width as wingsback.

Stojanovic

Spence - Fry - Moukoudi - Friend/Shotton - Coulson

Howson - McNair - Saville/Tav

Roberts

Britt/Fletch

Not that it matters like, don't have much hope for this game.

Well after Stoke I really fancied us to beat Hull and QPR, it shows how carried away I got.

After Hull and QPR I can't see where the next point is coming from. 

All the proposed teams on this thread show that we don't have a clue who our best eleven is. That was backed up the other day by Warnock's team selection. 

I'm going to predict a hammering (3-0) to Millwall and hope I'm as wrong as I have been for the last few games. 

55 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Well after Stoke I really fancied us to beat Hull and QPR, it shows how carried away I got.

After Hull and QPR I can't see where the next point is coming from. 

All the proposed teams on this thread show that we don't have a clue who our best eleven is. That was backed up the other day by Warnock's team selection. 

I'm going to predict a hammering (3-0) to Millwall and hope I'm as wrong as I have been for the last few games. 

The fat lady hasn't sung yet, that's what I keep telling myself. Everyone's expecting a defeat now so we're bound to win.

I'd go with:

GK: Stoj

RB: Spence

LB: Coulson

CB: Moukoudi

CB: Fry

CDM: Clayton

CDM: Howson

AM: Morrison

AM: Roberts

AM: Tavernier

CF: Fletcher

Reasons being, We need to attack. Morrison showed he has a great touch and could pick out a pass if he had some movement in front of him. I'd like to think that Roberts, Tav and Fletch could provide that movement. Spence and Coulson provide width. Clayton and Howson provided added metal at the back. 4231 or 424 formation.

I could be wrong and people might argue that this selection would get battered, I'd be interested to see what people think.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

The fat lady hasn't sung yet, that's what I keep telling myself. Everyone's expecting a defeat now so we're bound to win.

Brace yourself for the defeat Kenny and assume the defeat, anything else will be a bonus and a nice surprise!

Just to be different, I'd play a 4132, with Clayton protecting the defence and two up front so our strikers aren't trying to win knockdowns by themselves, Negredo style:

GK: Pears

LB: Coulson

CB: Moukoudi

CB: Shotton

RB: Spence

CDM: Clayton

CM: Howson

RW: Tavernier

LW: Roberts

CF: Fletcher

CF: Assombalonga

A few reasons for the above: we desperately need to score goals because our defence is so leaky I don't think we can play for a 0-0. I don't think Friend deserves a place in the team any more, Fry has been making some ricks and doesn't have Shotton's physical presence against a giant striker, Saville gave us nothing the other day, and Wing has looked extremely ineffectual. At least Tav and Roberts pose some attacking threat, and this lineup allows the team to play to whatever strengths they have left.

I feel the only way we get any thing out of this is 0-0 so

Stojanovic

Spence      Shotton   Mikoudi  Fry       Johnson

Roberts       McNair     Clayton   Tavanier

Fletcher

• Uwe featured this topic