oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

15 minutes ago, White Band said:

Is Spence going to be fit?  Everyone's putting him in their teams, but I thought hamstrings normally took a few weeks.  Have I missed something? 

He had a dead leg, not a hamstring injury, at least according to Warnock.

He also said he'd be shocked if he wasn't fit for tomorrow, though he may have to play with a bit of pain.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done, apart from a few spells from us you deserved that. I didn't think it was a pen in the first half, I didn't think it was much of a foul for your first, it looked like Cooper slipped.  T

Well like @Islanderits my birthday too (43 today) And Boro have given me the best present possible.  so happy just now 😀😀😀

Must mention Stoj's saves at 0-0. Would have been a very different game if he hadn't made them

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

He had a dead leg, not a hamstring injury.

At least according to Warnock.

Fair enough. I missed that.  It would be good if he is fit - we need his pace.

Easy 2-0 win for Millwall this one. They won't have to break a sweat as our surrenderboys won't lay a glove on them. It'll be a game where Millwall can relax a bit and conserve some energy for other matches in this hectic schedule. As for us it will probably be more of the same slow pedestrian play with no imagination and end product.

Another question: how many times will Roberts lose the ball by dribbling into a blind ally? I'm going to go with 39. 

I think Friend is getting into the team for his leadership qualities. I know Warnock said that we have very few leaders so he specifically highlighted George and Howson as two he wanted to be more verbal.
I’ve always thought Shotton is one of the more vocal of our players so maybe he needs to be out back in. He’s definitely better as a CB than Friend. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Easy 2-0 win for Millwall this one. They won't have to break a sweat as our surrenderboys won't lay a glove on them. It'll be a game where Millwall can relax a bit and conserve some energy for other matches in this hectic schedule. As for us it will probably be more of the same slow pedestrian play with no imagination and end product.

Another question: how many times will Roberts lose the ball by dribbling into a blind ally? I'm going to go with 39. 

At least he's trying something, more than can be said for any of the other wastes of space out there. Are you surprised he's trying to do it all himself when everyone else is as bad as they are?

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

At least he's trying something, more than can be said for any of the other wastes of space out there. Are you surprised he's trying to do it all himself when everyone else is as bad as they are?

Not really, and maybe I worded it wrong to lay all the blame at his feet. It's just as much an indication of how awful we are as an attacking unit, He's often got no one in the box to get the ball to. It's not all his fault although he is often slightly too ball gready and will release the ball too late. He's the only player with a bit of flair though. God it's depressing.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Yeah, when you watch what happens when he tries to bring others into play, are we really so shocked he ends up trying to do it all by himself? And to be fair to him, once or twice, he gets into a decent position to shoot out of nowt. People also generally complain about how selfish Britt is and usually they're right... in the last couple of games, he's done the hard work and put a shift in but gets no joy from others. Saying it again, I hate diving but really, I could understand why he went down so easily in a position he was gonna struggle to get a shot off.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I think Friend is getting into the team for his leadership qualities. I know Warnock said that we have very few leaders so he specifically highlighted George and Howson as two he wanted to be more verbal.
I’ve always thought Shotton is one of the more vocal of our players so maybe he needs to be out back in. He’s definitely better as a CB than Friend. 

I thought Shotton had a good game when he came on against Stoke, he certainly put in a brave performance. George as we have seen is not verbal whatsoever and sad to say very open to mistakes at the crucial time

15 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah, when you watch what happens when he tries to bring others into play, are we really so shocked he ends up trying to do it all by himself? And to be fair to him, once or twice, he gets into a decent position to shoot out of nowt. People also generally complain about how selfish Britt is and usually they're right... in the last couple of games, he's done the hard work and put a shift in but gets no joy from others. Saying it again, I hate diving but really, I could understand why he went down so easily in a position he was gonna struggle to get a shot off.

Instant shooting from Britt might get better results or at least create a chance for others, too many times when in that situation he takes one more touch and then usually blocked by a defender

25 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Not really, and maybe I worded it wrong to lay all the blame at his feet. It's just as much an indication of how awful we are as an attacking unit, He's often got no one in the box to get the ball to. It's not all his fault although he is often slightly too ball gready and will release the ball too late. He's the only player with a bit of flair though. God it's depressing.

At least he is trying and perhaps sooner rather than later the rub of the green will pay off and he will score.

Have noticed and certainly against QPR that we tend not get any luck at all with the bouce of the ball, always seems to go against us rather then in favour of us

23 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

At least he is trying and perhaps sooner rather than later the rub of the green will pay off and he will score.

Have noticed and certainly against QPR that we tend not get any luck at all with the bouce of the ball, always seems to go against us rather then in favour of us

I know it's silly but I've noticed this quite a bit; whether it's a consequence of not going in as hard for 50/50s or what, or if it's just a confirmation bias, but I swear to god any time a ball bounces it spins favourably for the opposition. Like we'll take a shot and they'll block it with their shins and it'll somehow cannon out straight to their player for a chance on the break. 

On the flip side, we block one, goes right out of play or straight back to them.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Borodane said:

45 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

The one time someone was on his wavelength against QPR he played that beautiful disguised pass through to Fletcher. He just doesn't usually have the options. He is ball greedy but wingers often are, especially ones with his obvious individual talent. It's just exacerbated when your team consists of Patrick Roberts & 10 traffic cones.

• Like 4

It thought against Stoke and early on v Hull we were getting a lot more players into the box, it won us a pen. We’ve got to make sure the MF support the forward players more. 
We need to find a place for Tav - either means 433 or 442 which is a problem because I think playing with wingbacks is our best bet! 

2 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

It thought against Stoke and early on v Hull we were getting a lot more players into the box, it won us a pen. We’ve got to make sure the MF support the forward players more. 
We need to find a place for Tav - either means 433 or 442 which is a problem because I think playing with wingbacks is our best bet! 

Agreed about Tav...but also about wingbacks so *** knows what’s best.

personally I’d go something like

Stoj

Shotton-Fry-Friend

Spence-McNair-Howson-Coulson

Roberts-Britt-Tav

Would probably end up being more like 541 in reality though.

i noticed Ravel has been released by Sheff Utd. Could do a job in league one 😂 tbf I don’t think he’s been terrible when he has played but hasn’t done much either 

• Uwe featured this topic