oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

9 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

posting in this topic is now a kind of self harming. theres no sense of optomism anymore...in any game. all i have now is the faint hope of a total surprise . millwall will need shooting if they dont add to our misery. 

Any chance you can shoot them before the game @Essuuaitch? That way we might get the 0-0 draw as we would probably put the ball wide from our tip off 🙄

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done, apart from a few spells from us you deserved that. I didn't think it was a pen in the first half, I didn't think it was much of a foul for your first, it looked like Cooper slipped.  T

Well like @Islanderits my birthday too (43 today) And Boro have given me the best present possible.  so happy just now 😀😀😀

Must mention Stoj's saves at 0-0. Would have been a very different game if he hadn't made them

Posted Images

2 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Just watched Warnock's presser... he basically says we have some good midfielders and forwards but the defence is bad. Said he doesn't understand how we've ended up with such a lopsided squad.

We all know why this is. One part our recruitment policy and one part mr "I've left the club in great shape behind the scenes".

And for what its worth I dont agree with him. We have some average centre midfielders who lack creativity, one good winger who will not be here next season and a couple of strikers who have had the confidence sapped out of them. 

• Like 1

So apparently we have unbalanced defence yet he plays friend at CB and Makoudi as defensive midfielder, Howson as right back...  Sometimes managers just make you laugh don't they? 

Shotton RB

Makoudi CB

Friend LB

It's really not that hard is it?

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

So apparently we have unbalanced defence yet he plays friend at CB and Makoudi as defensive midfielder, Howson as right back...  Sometimes managers just make you laugh don't they? 

Shotton RB

Makoudi CB

Friend LB

It's really not that hard is it?

Friend Left Back on the bench, he's a liability at left back on the actual field.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Just now, Brunners said:

Friend Left Back on the bench, he's a liability at left back on the actual field.

Completely agree but I'd rather him LB than CB as he looks completely lost in that position if you ask me.... Just watch the amount of times he follows the man and leaves a gaping whole right through the middle of our defence.

I'd personally have him nowhere near the team tbh... People mention leadership qualities but I think he's the quietest and worst CAPTAIN we have had in a long time.

Excellent servant for this football club but his legs went 3 seasons ago.

If were in desperate need of a centre back we used to have a pretty good one and I'm pretty sure hes still employed by the club somewhere.... his last role didn't go so well though

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Completely agree but I'd rather him LB than CB as he looks completely lost in that position if you ask me.... Just watch the amount of times he follows the man and leaves a gaping whole right through the middle of our defence.

I'd personally have him nowhere near the team tbh... People mention leadership qualities but I think he's the quietest and worst CAPTAIN we have had in a long time.

Completely agree, I love George, but he's not good enough anymore to be playing as anything more than an absolute emergency fill in because all our other potential left backs have died.

31 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

We all know why this is. One part our recruitment policy and one part mr "I've left the club in great shape behind the scenes".

And for what its worth I dont agree with him. We have some average centre midfielders who lack creativity, one good winger who will not be here next season and a couple of strikers who have had the confidence sapped out of them. 

But apart from that MFC is a great place to be for a footballer who simply has no aspirations😐

20 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

As the empty stadiums have shown, you just do not hear George, mind you he could be relaying messages telepathically as the players all seem to be on the same wave length

• Haha 2
25 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

If were in desperate need of a centre back we used to have a pretty good one and I'm pretty sure hes still employed by the club somewhere.... his last role didn't go so well though

Even allowing for the fact he's probably lost a bit of pace now, he's probably still better than any of the CBs in the current squad.

Used to play for Real Madrid y'know...well he signed for them at any rate...

Maybe thats why he's being kept on...they're just waiting for his player registration documents to be processed. 😁

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

As the empty stadiums have shown, you just do not hear George, mind you he could be relaying messages telepathically as the players all seem to be on the same wave length

That wavelength apparently being...

This Is Fine GIF

26 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

I think what we're secretly all hoping is at 5pm tomorrow we're all on this forum with big smiles on our faces saying well I didn't see that coming, it is only hope by the way because that is all we have..

I like the way you are thinking 🤔 @Rioch's Braves..........

3 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Just watched Warnock's presser... he basically says we have some good midfielders and forwards but the defence is bad. Said he doesn't understand how we've ended up with such a lopsided squad.

The effort is there but it's hard to score goals without a solid back 4. And he hasn't got time to do much about it except try to give the players confidence.

Definitely doesn't look like a man who's given up... but does look like one who is being realistic and not expecting much from tomorrow's game. To me, anyway.

We have the 11th (joint) best defensive record in the league.  We have the 24th best attacking record in the league.  Our forwards and midfielders are good but the defence is bad?

The average number of goals conceded in the Championship is 53.5.  The median number is 53.  We've conceded 53 so we are average defensively but no worse than that.

The average number of goals scored in the Championship is therefore also 53.5 and the median is also 53.  We've scored 40 goals.  The next worst team has 45.  We are the worst in the league and there's a gap between us and the rest.

There are only two teams who have conceded fewer goals than we've scored this season.  In order for us to just have a 0 goal difference, we'd have to have the third best defensive record in the league.  Just think about that.

In our previous two games, we played against the 2nd and 3rd worst defences in the league.  We scored 1 goal and that was a penalty.  Hull and QPR actually have two of the highest goals for this season in the league, so conceding a goal or two against them was probably likely.  What wasn't likely was only being able to score one penalty of our own.

The only thing that has been functioning reasonably well this season is our defence.  Nothing else has, not just on the field but off it as well.  The defence has remained ok through it all.

• Like 3
  • Uwe featured this topic