oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done, apart from a few spells from us you deserved that. I didn't think it was a pen in the first half, I didn't think it was much of a foul for your first, it looked like Cooper slipped.  T

Well like @Islanderits my birthday too (43 today) And Boro have given me the best present possible.  so happy just now 😀😀😀

Must mention Stoj's saves at 0-0. Would have been a very different game if he hadn't made them

Posted Images

I'd love to know why Warnock doesn't rate Coulson enough to start him. How much leadership does Friend actually provide? Not a lot, judging from our performances.

Happy to see Johnson & Howson in midfield. But Saville & McNair over Roberts & Tav?

To be fair, I'm not sure it'd make a difference, but it would be nice to see us start our strongest 11 (on paper) for once.

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

McNair and saville are much of a sameness for me except I think mcnair drives forward. Saville was ok v stoke and awful in the other two games in my opinion. I just dont see what he brings to the table whereas I can see what paddy brings if hes on his game.

I just haven't seen McNair really give much to us for a long time. He was one of the best players in the first half of the season, he drove us forward. He looked confident and up for it and had a bit of quality going forward. On the opposite side, Saville had a very poor start.

I think it's flipped around a bit now though. Saville certainly improved before Woodgate left, whilst McNair dropped off and doesn't seem to be offering very much quality at all.

Still, I'd definitely sacrifice one of them for Tav, there's no doubt he's looked better than both of them in his sub appearances.

• Like 1

Maybe he’s hoping for an impact from people off the bench. I mean it’s 532 which we’ve had some success with?

I just think Millwall are going to be too strong for us ultimately. 

Johnson and Friend have cost us all 3 goals since Warnock came in. Costing us 4 points. I’m not having a dig at them, as I never question there effort. Johnson isn’t even a Lb. But the facts are there. They’ve cost us points and will continue to do so.

Looks like the team has been sent out to hold it tight and late on spring a few from the bench to try and snatch n grab a late winner 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Side set out to not lose I guess

Smash and grab hope, here, I think. Honestly, I'm not sure if it's such a bad idea. It's not gonna be pretty but if it gets points on the board, who cares right now. As much as we need points fast, we can't afford to keep losing either.

Just trying to be mildly optimistic before they inevitably break us down in the opening 10 minutes as someone loses their marker and bundles home for Millwall.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Looks like the team has been sent out to hold it tight and late on spring a few from the bench to try and snatch n grab a late winner 

Which will all be thrown out the window when we concede in the 2nd minute.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well Maybe a defensive unit is for the best initially. The last thing we want to do is concede early. And it does look like we have a plan B.
Anyway. C'mon Boro. We are due a surprise.

• Uwe featured this topic