oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

I’m all for the smash and grab tactics, and to sit tight. Even play for a draw..

But I have zero confidence that we will keep a clean sheet with that defence. Every single one has a mistake in them.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done, apart from a few spells from us you deserved that. I didn't think it was a pen in the first half, I didn't think it was much of a foul for your first, it looked like Cooper slipped.  T

Well like @Islanderits my birthday too (43 today) And Boro have given me the best present possible.  so happy just now 😀😀😀

Must mention Stoj's saves at 0-0. Would have been a very different game if he hadn't made them

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I just haven't seen McNair really give much to us for a long time. He was one of the best players in the first half of the season, he drove us forward. He looked confident and up for it and had a bit of quality going forward. On the opposite side, Saville had a very poor start.

I think it's flipped around a bit now though. Saville certainly improved before Woodgate left, whilst McNair dropped off and doesn't seem to be offering very much quality at all.

Still, I'd definitely sacrifice one of them for Tav, there's no doubt he's looked better than both of them in his sub appearances.

Agree. McNairs second touch has been a tackle for the second part of the season.

• Haha 1

Maybe hes doing what I thought keep it tight and at the end go for it, problem is putting Johnson on sort defeats the point of keeping it tight as hes too mistake prone. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Looks a good bench though,

Does it?

Djiksteel, Robert's and Nmecha have done nothing since coming to the club.

Roberts looks flashy but doesn't deliver anything. I know that's an unpopular view point. 

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Does it?

Roberts looks flashy but doesn't deliver anything. I know that's an unpopular view point. 

He’s literally the only player we have that looks like he will do anything. Also any half chance/threat we have, has almost always came through him. I know his end product isn’t the best, but at least he tries to do something when he gets the ball. 
Can you really say we look a more threatening team without Roberts? 

5 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Does it?

Roberts doesn't deliver anything because no one else is anywhere close to his wavelength. It's why he's doing it himself all the time. 

Plus he's won us multiple penalties in his few games, hasn't he?

• Uwe featured this topic