oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done, apart from a few spells from us you deserved that. I didn't think it was a pen in the first half, I didn't think it was much of a foul for your first, it looked like Cooper slipped.  T

Well like @Islanderits my birthday too (43 today) And Boro have given me the best present possible.  so happy just now 😀😀😀

Must mention Stoj's saves at 0-0. Would have been a very different game if he hadn't made them

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Woof Woof said:

I admit I don't know as much as you guys here so can someone please correct me in my thought that Wing and Tavernier and decent players, have been chipping in with goals and perhaps should be in the starting line up rather than on the bench?

Am I wildly wrong about these two? Are the players in the starting line up Boros best starting 11?

This is a team picked for graft, mate. There’s no football being played and no intention of doing so. Get the ball forward early and get people running after it.  Millwall are basically the same in fairness. Two of the worst footballing teams in the division. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, sackrobson2 said:

I agree with you, he seems to have not picked anyone with any creativity except Spence

Spence impressed me when we had a few good games a while back. I'm glad he's getting a bit of a run in the team.

1 minute ago, Woof Woof said:

I admit I don't know as much as you guys here so can someone please correct me in my thought that Wing and Tavernier and decent players, have been chipping in with goals and perhaps should be in the starting line up rather than on the bench?

Am I wildly wrong about these two? Are the players in the starting line up Boros best starting 11?

Wing scores the occasional screamer but has been very poor otherwise this season. Passing has been very poor the last times he played. 

Tav suits the role of an impact sub.  He seems to do best if he comes on fresh when opposition is starting to tire.  Seems less effective if playing full game.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Woof Woof said:

Well, best starting 11 seems fairly subjective, depending who you ask. Only seems to be consensus that Friend is terrible.

Warnock continuing the trend of playing players out of position, but today it seems to be working out...so far...

As for goals, Wing is level with Fletcher on 7 (last time I checked anyway). Tav only has 2 so far. Britt had 6 at last count.

• Like 1
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Why is no one getting on the end of these crosses? Is this not what fletcher is supposed to be good at?

There's been a lot of pace on them to be fair, the best balls into the box. More difficult to judge it but if they do get it right, keeper is gonna struggle to keep it out.

• Uwe featured this topic