oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done, apart from a few spells from us you deserved that. I didn't think it was a pen in the first half, I didn't think it was much of a foul for your first, it looked like Cooper slipped.  T

Well like @Islanderits my birthday too (43 today) And Boro have given me the best present possible.  so happy just now 😀😀😀

Must mention Stoj's saves at 0-0. Would have been a very different game if he hadn't made them

Posted Images

Best I've seen Shotton play in a long time. Players look up for it and the concentration is there... just desperately need that bit of quality in the final 3rd. Roberts could make a difference later on.

The random Millwall sucker punch is going to hurt extra badly today, I can feel it!

• Like 2

Based on that first half, I will now be disappointed if we don't at least get a point from this.

Very decent away performance. Scrappy for periods, but we produced some nice moments of attacking play and created a few good chances. Fairly solid at the back too, with not too many real scares.

Fantastic to see Boro looking like they actually want to play...and win...

Should have had a penalty. Should have been a red and our strikers need to be sharper in the box as some of the deliveries have been very good.

We look organised but still think we will end up conceding. Unfortunately we just dont create or score enough.

I think that first half was the most encouraging yet under Warnock, hope it continues, plus I hope Roberts and Tav comes on later on in the game to try get that winner. Convinced that should have been a red but not convinced about the plenty tbh, bit soft had it been given. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Eh? We had possession when he stopped, didn't we?

Surprised he hasn't at least booked him, to be fair. Very dangerous and daft risk to take but if the ref hasn't seen it and the linesman hasn't... can't really do anything and it's rubbish.

Wonder if he'll get retroactively punished for that? If it doesn't go in the refs report as being dealt with on the day; they can ban him afterwards.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, thomas said:

Watch this space, Spence will get him back for that i am sure. 

So long as he does it by skinning him or scoring a worldie, I'm fine with that. I've no desire to see Spence getting into fisticuffs and getting himself into trouble. What's happened isn't just for what happened on the pitch and it's important Warnock grabs him and reminds him of the reason Wallace did that and tell him to keep doing that and he'll get the better of him.

Great half performance so much better would of won a penalty and Millwall man sent off if was VAR in the championship that is ridiculous they still isn't. As the refs in this league are horrendous

This game suits shotton down to the ground. Hes always been great in the air and getting stuck in. It's when we need to keep possession and pass the ball around that hes completely useless - fortunately were not trying to do that here haha

Just now, Brunners said:

Wonder if he'll get retroactively punished for that? If it doesn't go in the refs report as being dealt with on the day; they can ban him afterwards.

Good point, yeah. That's a good reason for them not to just book him. He stopped the game due to the injury, not the foul, so he hasn't dealt with the incident at all. Wallace could be punished after.

Just now, boroie said:

What formation are we playing? Just tuned in at half time. Defensive stats don't look great! 

image.png.a737b27deb38bdc0e0520e9409bfddfb.png

The 38% is basically Shotton when everyone else has failed to win a tackle in the same run of play, that's what it feels like so far anyway.

• Uwe featured this topic