oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done, apart from a few spells from us you deserved that. I didn't think it was a pen in the first half, I didn't think it was much of a foul for your first, it looked like Cooper slipped.  T

Well like @Islanderits my birthday too (43 today) And Boro have given me the best present possible.  so happy just now 😀😀😀

Must mention Stoj's saves at 0-0. Would have been a very different game if he hadn't made them

Posted Images

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

So long as he does it by skinning him or scoring a worldie, I'm fine with that. I've no desire to see Spence getting into fisticuffs and getting himself into trouble. What's happened isn't just for what happened on the pitch and it's important Warnock grabs him and reminds him of the reason Wallace did that and tell him to keep doing that and he'll get the better of him.

Ill second that, I hope he now absolutely takes the mick out of him second half. Might even wind him up enough to get him the red card he should have had in the first half.  

• Like 1
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Good point, yeah. That's a good reason for them not to just book him. He stopped the game due to the injury, not the foul, so he hasn't dealt with the incident at all. Wallace could be punished after.

Irrelevant to us.

He should be off now.

It's no good for us having other teams benefiting after the fact.

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

This game suits shotton down to the ground. Hes always been great in the air and getting stuck in. It's when we need to keep possession and pass the ball around that hes completely useless - fortunately were not trying to do that here haha

Yeah, pretty much this 👍

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

So long as he does it by skinning him or scoring a worldie, I'm fine with that. I've no desire to see Spence getting into fisticuffs and getting himself into trouble. What's happened isn't just for what happened on the pitch and it's important Warnock grabs him and reminds him of the reason Wallace did that and tell him to keep doing that and he'll get the better of him.

I’m glad the half ended when it did, as Spence looked fuming and I could see him going in to a nasty tackle. Hopefully as you say the staff calm him down at the break and tell him to keep getting at them.

Just now, thomas said:

Ill second that, I hope he now absolutely takes the mick out of him second half. Might even wind him up enough to get him the red card he should have had in the first half.  

The ref has booked nobody, he's not getting out his red card.

Well unless he gives one of our players a red for nothing of course.

Putting up a fight which is pleasing to see and getting a lot of the 2nd balls.

Reminds me very much of a Pulis type performance...... 😅😅 And people are praising that 1st half.....

Solid 1st half

2 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

The ref has booked nobody, he's not getting out his red card.

Well unless he gives one of our players a red for nothing of course.

Do you want to know out of 24 games this season hes refereed how many reds hes given? 

Just now, diggerlad07 said:

Reminds me very much of a Pulis type performance...... 😅😅 And people are praising that 1st half.....

Solid 1st half

I know what you're implying here, but no one is saying this is particularly good football or that anyone wants to see this long term - these are desperate times. Pulis played this football in a play off semi final with a squad that cost the guts of 100mil.

• Like 2
Just now, estonpidge said:

yes

1 and that was a double yellow, never given a straight red this season. Whats the betting he will start at this one. 

• Wow 1
Just now, diggerlad07 said:

Solid 1st half

I'm not.  It's *** football against another team playing *** football.  It's easy to look more organised when you're not playing any football and you're playing everything in front of you.  No concerns about people being caught ahead of the ball when nobody really gets ahead of the ball as every pass is from back to front.  We're scrapping but as I've said before, lack of effort really isn't one of our problems.

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

I know what you're implying here, but no one is saying this is particularly good football or that anyone wants to see this long term - these are desperate times. Pulis played this football in a play off semi final with a squad that cost the guts of 100mil.

We also weren't winning any of the 2nd balls under Pulis, it might have been the aim but it didn't happen.

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Solid 1st half

Its all relative.  We've not been great but compared to what we've seen recently its a massive improvement. I'd even say we were the better team in that half but it counts for nothing if we lose the second.

• Uwe featured this topic