oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

On 7/7/2020 at 12:02 AM, Weasel said:

This is what I would want to see. More of a 3-5-2 which has worked for us at times this season. I feel like we need Howson in midfield as our midfielders are just useless and lack any leadership, he can at least make a tackle. Saville to start if we want more balance or Tav if we wanna go for it.

Stojanovic

Spence - Fry - Moukoudi - Friend/Shotton - Coulson

Howson - McNair - Saville/Tav

Roberts

Britt/Fletch

Close enough 😅

What a performance man.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done, apart from a few spells from us you deserved that. I didn't think it was a pen in the first half, I didn't think it was much of a foul for your first, it looked like Cooper slipped.  T

Well like @Islanderits my birthday too (43 today) And Boro have given me the best present possible.  so happy just now 😀😀😀

Must mention Stoj's saves at 0-0. Would have been a very different game if he hadn't made them

Posted Images

What more can be said Marvin Johnson top player them crosses he made today were out this world never seen a guy able to cross a ball as beautiful as he did today 😁

What an absolutely massive win. We’re by far at our most functional in a wingback formation so we need to stick to that until the end of the season. If we manage to keep up and give Warnock a good budget then I’m confident about him being able to build a strong Championship team for next season.

Stojanovic’s phenomenal save at 0-0 deserves huge credit. It was a match defining save - and season defining save in the circumstances. Shotton was fantastic throughout too. Friend seemed a lot more solid too.

There’s 4 games left in which we need to keep a similar level of performance until the end of the season.

• Like 3

Phew!  We needed that.

Good result, a hardworking performance but no more than that.  It probably suited us playing against a team with as limited a game plan as Millwall's, especially when they couldn't get much joy out of the big lad up front, as they had nothing else to offer really.  Everyone had solid games today, did their jobs and most of the basics well enough.  But it's easier to do that in those types of games because it's just a battle.  There's no football being played and you're not having to think too much about anything.  Clear the ball, chase the ball, etc etc.  I thought everyone from back to front played their part, the back three cleared just about everything that came their way, the wingbacks got up and down, same goes for the midfield and the two lads up front worked their socks off.  Another win from somewhere and hopefully we'll be fine.

• Like 2
Just now, p_mards said:

What an absolutely massive win. We’re by far at our most functional in a wingback formation so we need to stick to that until the end of the season. If we manage to keep up and give Warnock a good budget then I’m confident about him being able to build a strong Championship team for next season.

Stojanovic’s phenomenal save at 0-0 deserves huge credit. It was a match defining save - and season defining save in the circumstances. Shotton was fantastic throughout too. Friend seemed a lot more solid too.

There’s 4 games left which need the same level of performance. We need to keep a similar level of performance until the end of the season.

We stay up and I think Warnock is nailed on for the job, little comments Warnock's made like the squad needs rebuilding and lets get this season out of the way first. 

• Like 1

Huge win. Was a half decent performance too in my opinion. Still at times a little suspect at the back but I do think a back 3 with wingbacks is the best setup for us at the moment. Also think Britt and Fletcher could form a really good partnership if we consistently go with 2 up top.

Shame we couldn't capitalise on the weekend, as I reckon 3 points there and the 3 points today would probably have seen us home.

1 minute ago, Rioch's Braves said:

We stay up and I think Warnock is nailed on for the job, little comments Warnock's made like the squad needs rebuilding and lets get this season out of the way first. 

How depressing ☹️

• Like 2

Be interesting to see if Quest show off the ball stuff tonight or if they "miss" it as well.....I appreciate ref was trying to keep game flowing but don't see how all four official didn't see what everyone else could.....appreciate that this style isn't pretty but if they put in a similar performance against Bristol, I might be able to come out from behind couch for last game or two 

2 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I never thought I’d say this but I would be delighted if Warnock stayed next season. 

I agree with you. We might not get promotion next season with him, but we wouldnt be in a scramble like this.

3 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I never thought I’d say this but I would be delighted if Warnock stayed next season. 

He's grown on me a lot. Comes across well in his interviews and obviously just loves his football

F**king come on. Absolute huge. 

Come on boys. Get 3pts v Bristol and put this awful season to bed and lets move onwards and upwards.

UTB

• Like 1