oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

Well like @Islanderits my birthday too (43 today) And Boro have given me the best present possible. 
so happy just now 😀😀😀

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done, apart from a few spells from us you deserved that. I didn't think it was a pen in the first half, I didn't think it was much of a foul for your first, it looked like Cooper slipped.  T

Well like @Islanderits my birthday too (43 today) And Boro have given me the best present possible.  so happy just now 😀😀😀

Must mention Stoj's saves at 0-0. Would have been a very different game if he hadn't made them

Posted Images

Fletcher fouled Jake Cooper in the build-up to Assombalonga's goal however, the 24-year-old clearly clipping the Millwall defender's heels, before sauntering in on goal and playing in Assombalonga.

As Millwall's players all stopped expecting a free-kick, referee Tim Robinson let play continue - leaving the Lions fuming when Assombalonga's goal was allowed to stand.

The second-half drinks break that quickly followed Assombalonga's goal was instructive as to Millwall's lingering frustrations. Midfielder Ryan Woods asked fourth official Neil Hair: "How is that not a foul? How is that not a foul? f***ing useless!"

Sky Sports take on the first goal

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Millwall's resurgence was stopped in its tracks however, as Assombalonga profited from Fletcher's clear foul to slot home an easy finish.

Fletcher illegally clipped Cooper's legs without censure, coasted through the space and played in Assombalonga with a simple square ball.

As the goal stood, the Millwall players' fury increased, but to no avail.

More from sky sports.

• Haha 1

*** review from Sky, clearly written by someone with an agenda as they're not usually definitive in statements about missed fouls , also no mention of the multiple offences Millwall got away with. 

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Warnock says Spence has a broken nose.

Sky does not mention the incident.

Yeah, I just checked, bringing down the heat on Fletcher and yet not mentioning either of the incidents that could have led to red cards in their own team.

On 7/6/2020 at 6:49 PM, BoroAbroad said:

Well we are dire. No question about that. But I still honestly believe (or is it hope?) That we are still too good to go down if the players actually get their acts together.
I am going with a 1-1 draw. And I am predicting we will finish 5th from bottom. And I am predicting I will get home for Christmas.

Feel them positives Boro....... Feel them. 🤪🤪🤪

They felt the positives more than I hoped for. Now for staying up and getting home. 😁😁