oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

Excellent team display. Not one weak link throughout the team today and all fought for the shirt.

1st time in a long time where I think fans will struggle to find any criticism in that display but I am sure there is some members on here will find something to complain about. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I won't mention Pulis type performance too much because members will only cry but listening to matchday live/BBC tees it's nice to hear that people appreciate the type of football Warnock and Pulis can produce. Not entertaining football but can be effective and I will take wins over entertainment any day of the week.

Vital win after last night's results.

Don't let this result paper over the cracks on how big of a job is needed to get this club moving forward.

Onwards and upwards... UTB!ย 

• Like 2
  • Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done, apart from a few spells from us you deserved that. I didn't think it was a pen in the first half, I didn't think it was much of a foul for your first, it looked like Cooper slipped.ย  T

Well like @Islanderits my birthday too (43 today) And Boro have given me the best present possible.ย  so happy just now ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Must mention Stoj's saves at 0-0. Would have been a very different game if he hadn't made them

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Woof Woof said:

I listened to the match as I cut the lawns.

Was the foul that lead to the penalty worthy of a sending off? The radio commentatorย felt it was.

Most people would say yes. The ref has clearly decided he was trying to play the ball however, and if that's the case, then it's a valid yellow.

Just one more important decision left completely subjective.

2 minutes ago, Woof Woof said:

I listened to the match as I cut the lawns.

Was the foul that lead to the penalty worthy of a sending off? The radio commentatorย felt it was.

Well Fletch was 1 on 1 with the keeper. Clear goal scoring opportunity. So unless the rules have changed again, yes. He should have gone.

Thanks guys.

Also there was an off the ball incident when a Boro player was deliberately kicked? If so I suppose it's arguable that they could have been down to 9 men, on another day with another ref.

Anyway. There's hope ๐Ÿ˜„ย but all this does make me wonder what'll happen next season if we stay up.

2 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

Well Fletch was 1 on 1 with the keeper. Clear goal scoring opportunity. So unless the rules have changed again, yes. He should have gone.

They changed a couple seasons ago. If it's deemed a play on the ball it's only a yellow, it's only a red for a deliberate foul, so the ref has decided he was trying to make a play on the ball.

• Like 1
Just now, Woof Woof said:

Thanks guys.

Also there was an off the ball incident when a Boro player was deliberately kicked? If so I suppose it's arguable that they could have been down to 9 men, on another day with another ref.

Anyway. There's hope ๐Ÿ˜„ย but all this does make me wonder what'll happen next season if we stay up.

There were two off the ball incidents. At the end of the first half Murray Wallace broke Spences nose by throwing his shoulder up as he ran past.

In the second half, Ryan Woods kicked one of McNair or Saville (not sure which) right in front of the ref.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

They changed a couple seasons ago. If it's deemed a play on the ball it's only a yellow, it's only a red for a deliberate foul, so the ref has decided he was trying to make a play on the ball.

Ah ok. I missed that.
It was also a tackle from behind the way I saw it. Has that changed too?

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

There were two off the ball incidents. At the end of the first half Murray Wallace broke Spences nose by throwing his shoulder up as he ran past.

In the second half, Ryan Woods kicked one of McNair or Saville (not sure which) right in front of the ref.

The Wallace incident on the replay looked like he deliberately threw his shoulder/upper arm out at Spence.ย 

Pretty sure the Woods incident he kicked out at McNair. Annoyingly right next to the Ref, who seemed to miss it completely.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

Ah ok. I missed that.
It was also a tackle from behind the way I saw it. Has that changed too?

No idea, I assume the double jeopardy rule takes precedence over a tackle from behind, in this instance. Anywhere else on the field he's off for sure.

7 minutes ago, FamilyBoro said:

Donโ€™t complain too much at the red cards being missed, we want Millwall to be at full strength againstย Hull on Saturday ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰

Great point, they play Hull, Qpr and Huddesfield in their last 4 games they could do us a massive favour.ย I hope Rowetts put a rocket up their backsides and they have a fully fit squad going into them games.ย 

5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

No idea, I assume the double jeopardy rule takes precedence over a tackle from behind, in this instance. Anywhere else on the field he's off for sure.

I think the only certainty was that the Ref was very poor (Polite comment). ๐Ÿ˜•

Great team performance Shotton my MOM but keeper close also.

We looked capable throughout and we have not seen us play that well for a long time.

Am I surprised? Not at all I either gave the best prediction possible or I do indeed have a time machine๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1