oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done, apart from a few spells from us you deserved that. I didn't think it was a pen in the first half, I didn't think it was much of a foul for your first, it looked like Cooper slipped.  T

Well like @Islanderits my birthday too (43 today) And Boro have given me the best present possible.  so happy just now 😀😀😀

Must mention Stoj's saves at 0-0. Would have been a very different game if he hadn't made them

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yep I think we all. Just a shame as this board was always good to analyze no matter what the result.

Actually to be fair this has been a very active thread post wise and with probably a lot more comments to come.

Need to know what Warnock felt about the game

I wonder what Gibson makes of Warnocks comments about the unbalanced squad. It’s a direct criticism of his mate Tony. 

Thought the formation was spot on today. We have options for the two wingback positions now Dijksteel is fit and Harold could slot into a back 3 if needed as well. Interesting to hear Warnock say that Tav has been brilliant in training, our best player. Think he’ll be getting some starts soon. Maybe one of the central 3 MF positions depending on who we’re playing. 

• Like 1

For the first time in a while it looked like we had a clear plan and everyone knew their role.

We created some really good opportunites and in all fairness could have had another few. Apart from a 10 min spell in the second half from Millwall, I thought we were significantly better than them.

• Like 1

Missed the first half due to work, but caught the second half. I was very happy with the back to basics aporoach. A simple and effective 532 formation. Scrapped the flair for width and workrate. 

They got lucky with the yellow card, and could quite easily of been red on another day. But very happy with the result let's hope we can carry the form on to the next game, another 3 points and I think we won't be far away from safety. 

• Like 1

Very pleased to be proven wrong and offer my apology and congratulations to everyone at the club.  This time I beg please don’t allow a this win go to waste and follow this up with a couple more.. 

• Like 1

Where did that performance come from? Millwall suited our style but so many players put effort in when they have rested on the laurels all season.

It gives us a glimmer of hope but we need another 3pts minimum probably more like 5 and I dont think the games coming up will be so kind. That Hull game will live in infamy for a long time for sending us down.

• Confused 1

Gary Rowett also left furious after "clear" foul derailed the game. Lets just gloss over all the big decisions that had gone your way up till that point then mate.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Brum losing too - they are well and truly in the mix aswell now.

Wigan 1 up. But they are still not out of it also. It would be a farce if they win the appeal if the rules stipulate a deduction.
We have been there and done that for a far lesser offence.