oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

Delighted with the result and performance today. We showed a real desire that had been lacking previously. Sky reporter an obvious Millwall fan if the assault on Spence and the kick at McNair are ignored and a slip by Cooper is deemed a foul by Fletcher. 
The forum roller coaster continues UTB

• Like 1
  • Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done, apart from a few spells from us you deserved that. I didn't think it was a pen in the first half, I didn't think it was much of a foul for your first, it looked like Cooper slipped.  T

Well like @Islanderits my birthday too (43 today) And Boro have given me the best present possible.  so happy just now 😀😀😀

Must mention Stoj's saves at 0-0. Would have been a very different game if he hadn't made them

Posted Images

Great result. I read “an obvious trip” and thought we’d got away with one. Looked more like to me he misread the ball, *** himself and fell over.

clear sending off, absolutely baffled by that decision. Quite a clinical pen though, which is good😊

If I was given a choice between seeing Wigan or Hull drop down, I think it would be Hull....Wigan have always been fairly straight before current lot and after the way Hull acted in that game, they would not be a great loss to the division, so personally I am an "athletic supporter" ....(cue smart remark from Blanco)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

If I was given a choice between seeing Wigan or Hull drop down, I think it would be Hull....Wigan have always been fairly straight before current lot and after the way Hull acted in that game, they would not be a great loss to the division, so personally I am an "athletic supporter" ....(cue smart remark from Blanco)

I’m definitely sending WADA around to your house Ray if you are a supporter who has suddenly become “athletic” 😀

Totally unexpected performance but full credit to the team, that was the sort of effort needed if we are to get out of this mess. Why on earth they didn't show that fight and spirit in the previous two games is a mystery. Maybe it was the formation that they simply believed and bought into, who knows but they deserve all the well earned plaudits. Not a single poor performance from anyone including those like Friend and Johnson who have been getting brickbats over the last week. 

• Like 1

Great win and a massive relief. I thought we were doomed if we lost again, for all of Warnock's motivational skills I'm not sure whether we would have come back from another defeat. 

It sounds like we found the system which best suits the players we've got. 

It would be nice to follow it up with another win on Saturday now. 

Obviously its important we get a good result v Bristol City on weekend but these are the other games.

FRIDAY
Huddersfield v Luton

SATURDAY
Charlton v Reading
Barnsley v Wigan
Hull v Millwall

2 big games where 4 rival teams go head to head.

Part of me  wants current bottom 3 of Luton Barnsley and Hull to all lose. Quicker the bottom 3 are cut adrift from the test the quicker we can get safe. IF we take care of our own business.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Barnsleys last 3 fixtures are very difficult. One more win for us and I think we will be fine.

Whilst i look at who rivals got i given up since restart at labelling a game an easy one or hard one as there been some mad results.

What I will say about Barnsley last 2 fixtures which are v Forest and Brentford is that by time they play them they might be out of automatic picture but guaranteed a play off spot. And given play offs start 4 days after final game them two teams may rest players v Barnsley for that reason.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

If sheffield wednesday do get a points deduction i think they'll be relegated with their form

Hopefully

Let's see what the Quest lot think of the incidents, currently on.

Absolutely nothing wrong with our goal. I'd have been furious if that was disallowed. 

Didn't realise how close the keeper got to our penalty, phew.

Edited by TeaCider24

Think they make an interest point about how Assombalonga was lucky to stay on after his two footed tackle, which I can understand.

I was nervous when I saw it in real time.