oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

23 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Think they make an interest point about how Assombalonga was lucky to stay on after his two footed tackle, which I can understand.

I was nervous when I saw it in real time.

After everything they got away with I'd have been furious had a slightly late genuine attempt to get the ball resulted in a red card.

• Like 3
  • Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done, apart from a few spells from us you deserved that. I didn't think it was a pen in the first half, I didn't think it was much of a foul for your first, it looked like Cooper slipped.  T

Well like @Islanderits my birthday too (43 today) And Boro have given me the best present possible.  so happy just now 😀😀😀

Must mention Stoj's saves at 0-0. Would have been a very different game if he hadn't made them

Posted Images

9 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Think they make an interest point about how Assombalonga was lucky to stay on after his two footed tackle, which I can understand.

I was nervous when I saw it in real time.

As it happended I was sure the ref was going to send him off, but luckily Britt didn't really catch the guy. Could have been a very nasty tackle that would have surely resulted in a red card.

• Like 2

It feels good to start a new day with a spring in the step and a smile on my face. Hugely satisfying performance and result yesterday. If we keep that kind of attitude up we should be able to amass enough points in the last four games to ensure safety. That’s one heck of a big if 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

It feels good to start a new day with a spring in the step and a smile on my face. Hugely satisfying performance and result yesterday. If we keep that kind of attitude up we should be able to amass enough points in the last four games to ensure safety. That’s one heck of a big if 

The desperately elusive first home win of 2020 on Saturday will change your "if" to "will"😉

• Like 3
Just now, Downsouth said:

The desperately elusive first home win of 2020 on Saturday will change your "if" to "will"😉

Here’s hoping Alan 👍

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

As it happended I was sure the ref was going to send him off, but luckily Britt didn't really catch the guy. Could have been a very nasty tackle that would have surely resulted in a red card.

That would have been a very "typical Boro" moment - one of our guys getting sent off while the ref remained blind to all the shenanigans from Millwall.

I will have to set up a go fund me and you can all send me money for staying away 😁 Looking at the table now I agree with the majority - a win and a draw should be enough. Amazing how far we have fallen that were plottinf our minimum to safety rather than looking at permutations for top 6 but we are reaping the well documented rewards for years of general poorness.

Interesting to see whether Warnock sticks with the formation and the personell considering you have Tav and Wing who can play the central role and offer something more forward thinking, and Roberts who could probably play a more advances role between mid and st; all options probably less solid and functional than the 3 cm we went with.

How did Dijksteel get on? Whenever I saw him I thought he looked like a cb playing out of position at RB.

Nice to see players such as Shotton and Marv getting some praise when doubt has previously been cast. Interesting to see whether Shotton moves or signs for reduced terms, but that can wait for now 😁

1 minute ago, ChipBarrington said:

I will have to set up a go fund me and you can all send me money for staying away 😁 Looking at the table now I agree with the majority - a win and a draw should be enough. Amazing how far we have fallen that were plottinf our minimum to safety rather than looking at permutations for top 6 but we are reaping the well documented rewards for years of general poorness.

I'd appreciate it if you missed all the remaining games. I'd thank you for your sacrifice, but in some aspects I actually think not having to watch us can be a bit of a reward 😛

Interesting to see whether Warnock sticks with the formation and the personell considering you have Tav and Wing who can play the central role and offer something more forward thinking, and Roberts who could probably play a more advances role between mid and st; all options probably less solid and functional than the 3 cm we went with.

I really hope he sticks with the wing backs, we looked infinitely better & far more organised. You're right too in that we have players to fit the formation and be either a little more attacking or more robust and solid, like the weekend.

How did Dijksteel get on? Whenever I saw him I thought he looked like a cb playing out of position at RB.

He did alright. Didn't really have to do anything, honestly. Warnock specifically mentioned him in his post game for praise though, if that matters at all.

Nice to see players such as Shotton and Marv getting some praise when doubt has previously been cast. Interesting to see whether Shotton moves or signs for reduced terms, but that can wait for now 😁

Best game of the season for Shotton & Marv IMO. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I'd appreciate it if you missed all the remaining games. I'd thank you for your sacrifice, but in some aspects I actually think not having to watch us can be a bit of a reward 😛

I dont know whats worse, watching/listening and being frustrated at what we serve up, or staying away and not knowing what we serve up.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I really hope he sticks with the wing backs, we looked infinitely better & far more organised. You're right too in that we have players to fit the formation and be either a little more attacking or more robust and solid, like the weekend.

On the robust bit, im guessing thats why he prefers Marv to Coulson. By the sounds of it Marvs deliveries were decent as well so he has kinda justified his selection.

• Like 1

Gazette confirm Boro made a post match complaint regarding the Djed Spence broken nose incident, so guess we look to see if there's something retroactive there.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Gazette confirm Boro made a post match complaint regarding the Djed Spence broken nose incident, so guess we look to see if there's something retroactive there.

Millwall play Hull next and Huddersfield in 4 games so if the Millwall player gets a ban as a result of our formal complaint then it’s counter productive to us as it will reduce Millwall’s chances in them crucial games against our relegation rivals. Our Club doesn’t run upon logic though so I’m not sure they’ll have given serious thought to the bigger picture.

8 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Millwall play Hull next and Huddersfield in 4 games so if the Millwall player gets a ban as a result of our formal complaint then it’s counter productive to us as it will reduce Millwall’s chances in them crucial games against our relegation rivals. Our Club doesn’t run upon logic though so I’m not sure they’ll have given serious thought to the bigger picture.

I don't think Murray Wallace is going to make or break whether they can beat Hull & Huddersfield mate. 

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

I don't think Murray Wallace is going to make or break whether they can beat Hull & Huddersfield mate. 

I think the absence of Murray Wallace may actually boost Millwall's chances of beating Hull and Huddersfield. A very limited agricultural footballer who was totally outclassed by Spence hence the strong arm tactics (literally)!

• Like 5