oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

Shame Moukoudi not in a back 3 with Shotton and Fry. And Tav for Roberts if he wanted to give him a rest.  Just not sure about persisting with Friend at all and Coulson obviously not fancied. 

I predict a tight 1-0 defeat

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done, apart from a few spells from us you deserved that. I didn't think it was a pen in the first half, I didn't think it was much of a foul for your first, it looked like Cooper slipped.  T

Well like @Islanderits my birthday too (43 today) And Boro have given me the best present possible.  so happy just now 😀😀😀

Must mention Stoj's saves at 0-0. Would have been a very different game if he hadn't made them

Posted Images

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Johnson and saville keeping their space is flabergasting to me. We have other options.

Looks like 532.

I'm not too fussed about Saville, I think he's done okay. Better than McNair at least, who thinks he's playing NFL every time he lines up a shot.

But yeah, if it's a 5, I see no reason Coulson shouldn't be in ahead of Johnson. And I'd absolutely be putting Tav in for McNair.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Johnson and saville keeping their space is flabergasting to me. We have other options.

Looks like 532.

Saville I think is a little unfair, he's been pretty good lately I feel. 

I'd drop Johnson and Friend for sure before I even think about dropping Saville atm.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm not too fussed about Saville, I think he's done okay. Better than McNair at least, who thinks he's playing NFL every time he lines up a shot.

But yeah, if it's a 5, I see no reason Coulson shouldn't be in ahead of Johnson. And I'd absolutely be putting Tav in for McNair.

McNair and saville are much of a sameness for me except I think mcnair drives forward. Saville was ok v stoke and awful in the other two games in my opinion. I just dont see what he brings to the table whereas I can see what paddy brings if hes on his game.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Saville I think is a little unfair, he's been pretty good lately I feel. 

I'd drop Johnson and Friend for sure before I even think about dropping Saville atm.

I didnt mention friend because we literally have no one else who can play in the role hes in (left sided of a back 3). So unfortunately were stuck with him.

It looks like the formation to get the best out of Spence and Coulson (if they were playing as wing backs)!

I suppose we've got more goal threat on the pitch with Fletcher and Britt in the team. 

The problem for me is that we need the midfield 3 to get a grip of the game and none of Howson, Saville and McNair tend to do that. 

Edited by Duvel
2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I didnt mention friend because we literally have no one else who can play in the role hes in (left sided of a back 3). So unfortunately were stuck with him.

You don't have to be left footed to play that position. Friend is an awful central defender and we have Moukoudi on the bench. Makes no sense in my head.

No Ravel at all. I thought he did okay last game, one of our few players actually comfortable on the ball.

will him being released by Sheff Utd affect his contract with us? I wouldn’t have thought so like 

Dont mind the team or formation. As mentiomed woukd rather Moukoudi than Friend given size of Millwall players and Roberts for Paddy but other than its ok.

Hopefully plenty of width from Spence and Johnson. Britt n Fletch can be close together with Paddy n Sav hopefully getting up support. Sounds easy. What could go wrong

• Uwe featured this topic