oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

Why is no one getting on the end of these crosses? Is this not what fletcher is supposed to be good at?

1 minute ago, Woof Woof said:

I admit I don't know as much as you guys here so can someone please correct me in my thought that Wing and Tavernier and decent players, have been chipping in with goals and perhaps should be in the starting line up rather than on the bench?

Am I wildly wrong about these two? Are the players in the starting line up Boros best starting 11?

This is a team picked for graft, mate. There’s no football being played and no intention of doing so. Get the ball forward early and get people running after it.  Millwall are basically the same in fairness. Two of the worst footballing teams in the division. 

• Like 2

Fletcher needs to be braver on some of these. Risk it and make the run. 

1 minute ago, sackrobson2 said:

I agree with you, he seems to have not picked anyone with any creativity except Spence

Spence impressed me when we had a few good games a while back. I'm glad he's getting a bit of a run in the team.

1 minute ago, Woof Woof said:

I admit I don't know as much as you guys here so can someone please correct me in my thought that Wing and Tavernier and decent players, have been chipping in with goals and perhaps should be in the starting line up rather than on the bench?

Am I wildly wrong about these two? Are the players in the starting line up Boros best starting 11?

Wing scores the occasional screamer but has been very poor otherwise this season. Passing has been very poor the last times he played. 

Tav suits the role of an impact sub.  He seems to do best if he comes on fresh when opposition is starting to tire.  Seems less effective if playing full game.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind replies and for not ripping into my lack of knowledge.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Woof Woof said:

Well, best starting 11 seems fairly subjective, depending who you ask. Only seems to be consensus that Friend is terrible.

Warnock continuing the trend of playing players out of position, but today it seems to be working out...so far...

As for goals, Wing is level with Fletcher on 7 (last time I checked anyway). Tav only has 2 so far. Britt had 6 at last count.

• Like 1

No clever freekicks, shoot or cross. 

What a hit by mcnair and great save

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Why is no one getting on the end of these crosses? Is this not what fletcher is supposed to be good at?

There's been a lot of pace on them to be fair, the best balls into the box. More difficult to judge it but if they do get it right, keeper is gonna struggle to keep it out.

• Latest Posts

• Forest unbeaten since Hughton was given the job there, but they've only won one of the four games.  Good squad on paper but not so good on the park.  Could be a decent time to play them before Hughton can really get them going, assuming he does.  The draw is probably the favoured result but maybe we can nick it by the odd goal.  Britt to shank at least one shot so badly that it curves around like a boomerang and hit's him on the back of the head.
    • Either that or the baby was due very soon...
    • I hope he buys the right company so he gets the ground as well 🙃
    • Yeah, Fry and Tavernier are two of our best players.  Wood is supposed to be a really good prospect.  Coulson's had some decent moments, albeit not so much this season.  We just sold another one to Blackburn who could easily have been one of our top two goalkeeper's for a long period of time.   That's not too bad overall I'd say 👍  I know I'm not one to talk about moaning or complaining about things, but I really don't get why people seem so quick to go after the younger lads.  Not necessarily all of them like blanket criticism but they tend to focus in on one at different times.  Spence has been getting it recently and I noticed a bit about Coulson, who has barely played this season.  Fry was last season,  along with Pears actually.  Tavernier got some grief the season before.  If Wood ends up getting a run in the side, and makes mistakes, then he'll be the next one.  And he almost certainly will make mistakes as that's all part of a young players development.