oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

Great pen etc but wtf was Fletch taking so much time for he should have buried that 1 v 1!

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

He tried to trip Fletcher, not play the ball.

I know mate. I’m just saying that’s why the ref only gave a yellow. 

That Ref is a disgrace. But 2-0????? Yehheeey

• Like 1

NEVERMIND!!!

FLETCHER DISPATCHES THE PENALTY!

BORO LEAD 2-0

GAME, SET & MATCH!

fuck yeah dancing GIF

• Haha 1

We’ve totally deserved this. Played so well, got stuck in and Shotton has been the difference at the back! 

• Like 2

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

He tried to trip Fletcher, not play the ball.

I don't think so unfortunately. It's not clear, anyway. That's why the linesman was chatting to the ref before he got his card out. He's close enough to the ball when he goes in that I think he has to be given benefit of the doubt.

Just now, Jamie-H said:

Great pen etc but wtf was Fletch taking so much time for he should have buried that 1 v 1!

He was going so slowly that he almost caused time to start going backwards. Just a lack of confidence maybe. Did the biz with the penalty though 👍

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Got to waste time. Even in a clear goalscoring opportunity 😄

• Haha 3

5-3-2 appears to be the way forward, although I think most of us would prefer Coulson to come in for Johnson.  One more win should see us safe.  Sad to think how high we could have been with a proper manager this season. 

• Like 1

My stream is so laggy that Fletcher's run up was a series of photos.

• Haha 1

Yippee the Boro have won 🥳🥳🥳🥳 terrific performance from minute one the whole team have been switched on and up for this! 

Just now, Tobermory Whitby said:

5-3-2 appears to be the way forward, although I think most of us would prefer Coulson to come in for Johnson.  One more win should see us safe.  Sad to think how high we could have been with a proper manager this season. 

Johnson has been excellent today.

• Latest Posts

• I’m not actually sure where Wycombe would get a goal from. The left winger is making a few runs, but that’s about it. Add to that the poor defensive effort.....
    • I'm sure the mighty Boro will donate them some points.
    • I don't disagree with that, but they had us chasing their backsides all over the Riverside a couple of months ago, with Amos running the show.
    • Shame we are playing Wycombe so late in season. Seem to be struggling early doors to find they feet in the league so would have been nice to have played them fairly early doors.
    • Not sure where the idea that QPR are a particularly good side is coming from. They were in horrific form at the end of last season and they've sold or lost their two best players since then. Not saying that means we'll win, but QPR are a bottom half Championship side and exactly the sort of the team we should be beating if we're aiming to be more than that ourselves.