oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

He was going so slowly that he almost caused time to start going backwards. Just a lack of confidence maybe. Did the biz with the penalty though 👍

Nice to see he had the confidence to grab the ball for the pen tho and what a penalty it was!

• Like 2

Johnson is good as a wing back. It’s when he’s LB that he’s a risk. Spence fantastic and I loved seeing Britt run on to celebrate with Fletcher. Shows he cares. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Great pen etc but wtf was Fletch taking so much time for he should have buried that 1 v 1!

True, I'm not even sure he'd have scored that had the defender left him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Johnson has been excellent today.

And he's been disastrous the last few games.

Great win. Lets hope hull and wigan get beat and things suddenly looking up..UTB

Just now, Tobermory Whitby said:

And he's been disastrous the last few games.

playing a different position though. Actually suits this one.

• Like 1

And the emotional pendulum swings in the opposite direction once again...

Absolutely enormous 3 points.

I'm knackered now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He was going so slowly that he almost caused time to start going backwards. Just a lack of confidence maybe. Did the biz with the penalty though 👍

He made Anglian Red's stream look like Usain Bolt

• Haha 1

Credit where it’s due. That was a brilliant away performance against a very difficult team. Hard to see past fletcher for MoM with an assist and goal but shotton gets it for me. 

• Like 1

Get in. Fantastic result. Much improved performance. Up to 18th now with 6 teams below us. 7 if you include wigan

• Latest Posts

• Can we add George Savinelli to the title thread please 😉
    • Warnock and his backroom staff are doing excellent work with the defence. Look a lot more organised and compact. It's refreshing to see Howson, Morsy and Saville also drop into the back line and defend and then break when we are in possession. Only thing is that we concede far too many silly free kicks in dangerous areas which will cost us goals over the course of the season. Dijksteel is looking like the player we all expected him too be and more and credit has to go to Warnock and his backroom staff. If he can get improve his heading, then we have some player on our hands.
    • Yes OC it’s amazing the difference a coaching team that knows what it’s doing can make. I think this is building towards a good season 
    • I think the coaches we now have can improve all the players at the club... may be a coincidence but the improvement of the U23 and U18 sides may be due a little to a number of them featuring in training sessions with first team and that can only help their progress...  they seem to have the knack of giving confidence to younger players and the team spirit has changed completely because of it 
    • Good post. Very hard to disagree with any part of it. Dijksteel and Bola do look like they are starting to blossom. Warnock did say that he thinks Browne will get game time when we opt to play 433 so I look forward to seeing him get his chance too