oneBoro Forum

Boro v Millwall (A) 2-0 (Assombalonga, Fletcher)

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done, apart from a few spells from us you deserved that. I didn't think it was a pen in the first half, I didn't think it was much of a foul for your first, it looked like Cooper slipped.  T

Well like @Islanderits my birthday too (43 today) And Boro have given me the best present possible.  so happy just now 😀😀😀

Must mention Stoj's saves at 0-0. Would have been a very different game if he hadn't made them

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Warnock says the referee told him for the Spence penalty incident that there was contact "but not enough" for a penalty.

I just didn't feel watching it back that he'd wiped him out or really tripped him. There's always some form of contact in those positions from both players, I kind of get where the ref's coming from with that one. For me, the lad's dropped and pulled his legs away in order to stop himself from fouling.

I think to be honest, my position watching this ref today is simply that we've had a lot worse than him this season alone. The standard at this level is pathetic. I'd go so far as to say I'm not sure this was even in the top 5 for this season.

• Like 1
On 7/6/2020 at 4:50 PM, Downsouth said:

Well some positives is that we have never lost a game played on a Wednesday at 3pm!

Boro fans will not be heckled by spotty juvenille Millwall fans.

No seats will be uprooted and thrown onto the pitch.

So all in all a great time for another away win.

Team selection up to the boss just hope the players themselves are fed up with being the anti -idols of Teesside and will make amends, he says in confidence having already travelled into the future😏

Oh come on Blanco did say that I needed hope!

Spooky or what and I did suggest two Boro goals in the game!

Now had I put a bet on that no way would this have panned out😑

• Like 1
Just now, diggerlad07 said:

Quiet on here tonight after a massive result! 

Not much to talk about to be fair, everyone is keeping an eye on the other results because just as per 11 days ago, no one good result is gonna make the difference, whilst 1 bad result at this stage could certainly do so.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Not much to talk about to be fair, everyone is keeping an eye on the other results because just as per 11 days ago, no one good result is gonna make the difference, whilst 1 bad result at this stage could certainly do so.

If we had got beat this page would of been bouncing with people complaining regardless of looking out for other results.

Bristol city winning 👍👍.  So glad I had a £10 double on Boro and Bristol city

Over the moon with the result and the performance. Not the prettiest of football but every player worked hard which is all we’ve asked for all season. 

special shout outs to Shotton today who was quality. Stoj with two fine saves and Howson who played some good balls forward. 

If only we played against static teams each week!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Credit where it’s due. That was a brilliant away performance against a very difficult team. Hard to see past fletcher for MoM with an assist and goal but shotton gets it for me. 

So pleased you are bad at predicting Stephan, you had us down to lose this one!

Great result, great performance, Millwall dirty *** as usual but we seemed to rise above it and got the well deserved 3 points. 

Still work to do though. I will hold my hands up and say that was a world class save by Stoj at 0-0!