Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just leaving this here:

I feel like I have to keep pointing this out- karanka got us from relegation to 12th in this first half season loaning only ayala. In his first full season he got us into the play off final spending l

Who do you think you are kidding Bristol City, If you think the match is won? We are the boys who will stop your little game. We are the boys who will make you think again. 'Cause who do you t

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Disagree, you cant blame Warnock.

Also, 2 wins in 5 games is far better than what we had before it. Warnock has quick fire games with a squad of useless players. 

When I think back to Woodgate's early interviews it makes my blood boil. ALMOST as bad as Agnew.

I'm not blaming him but I'm also saying he hasn't improved us. You look across the 5 games - we were awful today, and vs hull and QPR. We were not good against stoke - they just missed 5 or 6 glorious chances. we were okay against millwall but they didnt try to play football and we won by spamming crosses and hoping for the best - wasnt good football by any means. 

We won games under woodgate too. 

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I think our problem is the fixture list. A lot of the teams below us play each other which means that plenty of them will pick up points between now and the end of the season. Whereas I can’t see us getting a single point in our remaining games. 

i think the teams playing each other works in our favour as one team is guaranteed to lose out. for example if hull played all top 6 sides in their run in and won it does us no favours, but if they played all the sides around us we would at least benefit in some way from them winning as a team around us would lose points. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Positives on our pitch? Very few.

Positives elsewhere? Only Luton got a good result.

Positives on the pitch  - I think Stojanovic has improved the last couple of games.

Other results have been favourable for us.

I genuinely struggle to name 3 players n our squad that are top half quality. We’re just riddled with poor players and ur league position suggests that. It’ll be other teams that keep us up if we are so lucky. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, thomas said:

Who do you suggest would make a difference from now to end of the season? or even from when Warnock started?

This squad is horrible and unbalanced, plus they've been trained by probably the worst 2 coaches for the last 9 months before Warnock and his team came in. Id even say Hockaday was better for leeds than Woodgate and robbie keane were for us.

We have got to get real about this he is our only shot of avoiding this and this isnt his fault the squads unbalanced, our coaching and tactics before this has been terrible and the fact our strikers are terrible. 

So tell me what hes actually done that is different from woodgate. Because I dont see it.

• Like 1

Granted Warnock hasn't had a lot of time to turn it around, but if your midfield are getting outplayed and overrun and far too slow you don't need to wait till half time to make changes, it seems managers don't like admitting its not working till its to late. Saville and McNair in midfield are always going to struggle against players with a yard of pace which is exactly what's happened today.

• Like 1

Can’t expect to win every game. Bit of perspective needed. We are where we are because we have been *** all season. Bristol City are a good side that knock the ball about well. 
If we get a result against Reading (I fancy ourselves), then I think we should be close to being safe. 
This was the game I least expected to pick up points. 
Also everyone else round us in the table (literally everyone) are just as bad as us!😄

Just now, tmcc said:

i think the teams playing each other works in our favour as one team is guaranteed to lose out. for example if hull played all top 6 sides in their run in and won it does us no favours, but if they played all the sides around us we would at least benefit in some way from them winning as a team around us would lose points. 

But your argument was that they were all rubbish so wouldn’t pick up enough points to surpass us. So if they were playing the top 6 they’d lose them all. By playing each other, at least a number of them will pick up points. Looking at it now, I’d nearly be certain that we will need to pick up one more win to be safe. And I’m struggling to see us to that. 

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

So tell me what hes actually done that is different from woodgate. Because I dont see it.

I think he's going into games with more of a plan.  Players also seem to understand their roles better.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

justin long film GIF

Do you actually think he offers anything in terms of threats? He runs the ball out of play at every opportunity. Dribble, dribble, dribble get into the box and lose your head. Very frustrating player and don’t make it other players fault. He is constantly going nowhere. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

I'm not blaming him but I'm also saying he hasn't improved us. You look across the 5 games - we were awful today, and vs hull and QPR. We were not good against stoke - they just missed 5 or 6 glorious chances. we were okay against millwall but they didnt try to play football and we won by spamming crosses and hoping for the best - wasnt good football by any means. 

We won games under woodgate too. 

I think the only way you can expect something obviously different in such a short space of time is if you think the players are good enough - I personally dont.

In my opinion against Stoke, Hull (we never looked like scoring but had the ball in their half all game) and Millwall I thought we were the better than our opposition and set up fairly well. 

Woodgate's win ratio, having had pre season with the squad was abysmal. So was virtually every performance. Under Woodgate we 100% would be bottom 3. Under Warnock, I think we will get something v Reading which will keep us up - albeit not by much.