oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City 1-3 (Assombalonga)

Also on a side note, surely Tav and Roberts have to start one game together? Every time they are on, we as a team look so much better. I guess that’s what happens when you have players comfortable and capable of controlling the ball under pressure.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just leaving this here:

I feel like I have to keep pointing this out- karanka got us from relegation to 12th in this first half season loaning only ayala. In his first full season he got us into the play off final spending l

Who do you think you are kidding Bristol City, If you think the match is won? We are the boys who will stop your little game. We are the boys who will make you think again. 'Cause who do you t

Posted Images

Can't believe he took Shotton off and not one of the other 2. Shotton handles that 3rd goal simply, for me. Fry completely lost his footing, good finish from Wells but should have been dealt with.

Good finish from Britt, handled the situation well. Just a shame it came too late. 

Bristol probably the best side we've played since the restart but our own shortcomings still showed and there were still chances for us that we couldn't take. Still, goal difference could mean something come the end so the goal could still be important. About the most positive thing I can say about that.

4 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Can’t expect to win every game. Bit of perspective needed. We are where we are because we have been *** all season. Bristol City are a good side that knock the ball about well. 
If we get a result against Reading (I fancy ourselves), then I think we should be close to being safe. 
This was the game I least expected to pick up points. 
Also everyone else round us in the table (literally everyone) are just as bad as us!😄

Yeah but Bristol were also a team that had lost 4 out of their last 5 games, only beating Hull by the odd goal. They didn't even have a manager!

We were at home, coming off the back of a decent (and winning) performance. Maybe even without fans, the Riverside is still a toxic environment for the players?

I suppose if nothing else, Bristol exposed the gulf between where we are now and where we need to be, in order to be a decent, competitive Championship team.

My worry is getting comprehensively beaten like that will only serve to erode confidence even further. There is absolutely no guarantee we will pick up any more points this season.

• Like 1

Listen another poor performance full of our usual self destructing tendencies but with other results especially we need to lift our heads up and look to Reading if we beat them we could be almost safe with 2 games to go.

We're lucky on one hand with other results but with the few games left we're inches from safety Warnock can't dwell on these losses we have to look to Reading it's an absolutely massive game.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Btw what is the latest on Wigan’s point deduction? Is it likely to happen or not? 

I'm not confident of it.  Think their appeal will take too long and any deduction will be for next season because this one will be over.

2 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Granted Warnock hasn't had a lot of time to turn it around, but if your midfield are getting outplayed and overrun and far too slow you don't need to wait till half time to make changes, it seems managers don't like admitting its not working till its to late. Saville and McNair in midfield are always going to struggle against players with a yard of pace which is exactly what's happened today.

The midfield was surrendered from the off Weimann in a 5 man midfield was the difference,I think

• Like 1

How table looks if Wigan 12 point deduction stands:

17. BORO 47pts (GD -13)
18. Huddersfield 47pts (GD -16)
19. Charlton 46pts (GD -11)
20. Stoke 46pts (played 1 less) (GD -12)
21. Hull 45pts (GD -18)
22. Luton 44pts (GD -30)
23. Barnsley 43pts (GD -21)
24. Wigan 42pts (GD -7)

3pts clear of Luton but really 4pts given they inferior goal difference.

2 minutes ago, White Band said:

I'm not confident of it.  Think their appeal will take too long and any deduction will be for next season because this one will be over.

That's not how it works.

They'd just be relegated later if the appeal dragged on.

Its uncanny how many times we manage to blast the ball over the bar when we get an opportunity in the box, starting to wonder if we practice putting over the bar in training. Roberts hits a side foot nothing shot with Wing unmarked in  the box waiting for an easy square pass and a simple chance. Roberts has the skill to beat a man and never stops trying but his final ball is a nothing ball.

• Like 1
Just now, TLF10 said:

3pts clear of Luton but really 4pts given they inferior goal difference.

Don't get this line when it's trotted out, if they get 4 points and we get none, we're down.

People should just say we've got a better goal difference.