oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

Boro v Bristol City 1-3 (Assombalonga)

I have never seen Boro destoryed so much at the Riverside as this season

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

He is. Only person in our squad who’s capable of creating a chance. Final ball might be *** but at least he’s doing something. Not a coincidence as soon as he comes on we have some chances.

We had chances before he came on.

Every chance he's had he's fluffed, that's his fault and not other players.

Game over. Another crap showing. Warnock has made no difference to our performances, he really hasn't. 

• Like 2

Actually mad how much of a donkey Fry is. Unbearable to watch him play sometimes. Depressing

So bloody easy for Bristol. We look like we're playing man city. 

Need to somehow get points off Reading now.  Can't see us getting anything off Cardiff or Weds

100% Fry’s fault. Could have cut it out but air kicked a ball going 5mph 

3-1 it’s on 

Deal Fry. At his age he should be developing but he’s just regressing. No chance we will be able to make money off him. At this rate I’d actually rather keep shotton. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

We had chances before he came on.

Every chance he's had he's fluffed, that's his fault and not other players.

What chances have we had from open play? 

• Latest Posts

• If I were a pessimist I'd say that 3 points are essential in this so I'd be predicting a 2-1 loss in typical Boro fashion... Although as a self proclaimed optimist I'll say a tough grindy 2-1 in our favour!
    • The thread title is probably my fault - as @Changing Times says, I'd posted a thread asking if it was time to abolish the FA. Maybe we need to keep that thread at the top of the board, so the correlation between that one and this is more obvious? Then again, apart from the title, nothing that's been said over the last four pages would come as a surprise to anyone at MFC. It's not like we're talking about chasing SG out of town with pitchforks, or hanging an effigy of him from the Transporter Bridge. Everyone knows what we achieved in the Noughties, but there's been one misstep after another for over a decade. That needs scrutinising, and our supine local press clearly isn't up to the job. Incidentally, since people in positions of authority apparently read this forum, I'd like to say hello to anyone at Red Bull who's reading this. Your drinks are excellent, and we would be delighted if you bought our club. Pleeeeease?
    • Considering we've had to play the top four sides, with a paper-thin squad and none of our transfer deadline day targets plus several injuries in key positions, I think we've started really well. Even the best managers need time to work their magic - Aitor tightened us up defensively almost straight away (as has Warnock), but it takes far longer to work on attacking flair, intuitive passing and clever set-pieces. Also, the team's confidence will be rising with every battling draw, sneaky win and clean sheet. I've seen mediocre teams on paper go on incredible runs because confidence is high and so winning becomes a habit. I wouldn't bet against us becoming one of the league's form teams as the season progresses, especially if we can sign a CB, LWB and CF in January.
    • TUESDAY 27TH OCTOBER D Barnsley v Queens Park Rangers D Blackburn Rovers v Reading D Brentford v Norwich City H Middlesbrough v Coventry City H Swansea City v Stoke City A Wycombe Wanderers v Watford WEDNESDAY 28TH OCTOBER D Birmingham City v Huddersfield Town H AFC Bournemouth v Bristol City A Derby County v Cardiff City D Luton Town v Nottingham Forest H Preston North End v Millwall A Rotherham United v Sheffield Wednesday
    • Judged on who we have faced I think we have had a much better start than a lot of us would have said earlier.