oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City 1-3 (Assombalonga)

I think Luton could get out of it, they have a couple of winnable matches.

After Thursday I honestly thought we’d be fine. I think Tav has to come into the team on Tuesday and id stick with the wingbacks. I really don’t have a good feeling about it though. Why do we do this to ourselves?!

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just leaving this here:

I feel like I have to keep pointing this out- karanka got us from relegation to 12th in this first half season loaning only ayala. In his first full season he got us into the play off final spending l

Who do you think you are kidding Bristol City, If you think the match is won? We are the boys who will stop your little game. We are the boys who will make you think again. 'Cause who do you t

Posted Images

Boro, meanwhile, are slowly but surely reverting to the kind of tactics Tony Pulis would approve of.

I threw up after reading that but Tallentaire is right, just hoof ball and long throws, no game plan, yeh we need to scrap and just do what we can to win but the players don't seem capable off doing anything other than hitting it long, hitting it over the bar, hitting it out of play, long throws, over powering set pieces and being slow on the ball. Ah sounds like Big Tony back. If we stay up i don't want Warnock here. 

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Please tell me what Wing offers? He's Middlesbrough's Mesut Ozil?

A luxury player with limited ability. Yes he's got a good shot on him, but the game just constantly goes by him and it's like playing with 10 men with him.

If you're looking at a moneyball solution then he would in because he has scored 7 (?) goals this season. Simple as that.

5 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Bring Karanka back and let him build a team again. 

That's the last time we had an identity.

We cant we have no money or Gibson wont spend it take your pick. Karanka needed money to do what he did and 3 years of Mowbray getting rid of dross and put some decent players in for cheap, as soon as he lost the money in the premier league we went down. We need someone whos willing to do what Mowbray did at this point with the same proven success at doing it. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BoroSmoggie said:

With a team/squad so devoid of any attacking threat/flair, for me Roberts offers enough to start every game until the end of season now. 

If we expect to play with the ball on the floor at some stage, I'd have him and Tav both in the team until the end given what they've contributed since lockdown. Unfortunately I'm not so sure that's the case, the ball spends so often flying through the air when we get control over it that I'm worried those two won't get enough chances to show what they can do. I think Tav's been one of our best players since we came back, though, shocked he hasn't had a start yet.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

That's not how it works.

They'd just be relegated later if the appeal dragged on.

As I understand it, if they finish outside the bottom three, they get the 12 point deduction this season.

If they get relegated, they start next season with a negative points tally.

Also, we still don't know if the EFL have accepted their grounds for appeal. They might just throw it out straight away.

According to a BBC article, Gerald Krasner has acknowledged the only grounds they have are force majeure.

"Force majeure events are usually defined as certain acts, events or circumstances beyond the control of the involved parties, such as natural disasters, war or a pandemic".

However...

In a statement, the EFL said it "acknowledges it is a difficult time for any club placed into administration, particularly in the midst of Covid-19, but is mindful that its regulations are to be applied consistently and equally to all member clubs irrespective of the circumstances".

So...not looking too good for Wigan, I'd say.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53318930

19 minutes ago, thomas said:

We cant we have no money or Gibson wont spend it take your pick. Karanka needed money to do what he did and 3 years of Mowbray getting rid of dross and put some decent players in for cheap, as soon as he lost the money in the premier league we went down. We need someone whos willing to do what Mowbray did at this point with the same proven success at doing it. 

I feel like I have to keep pointing this out- karanka got us from relegation to 12th in this first half season loaning only ayala. In his first full season he got us into the play off final spending less than 5mil.

Stop underrating karanka everybody!

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I feel like I have to keep pointing this out- karanka got us from relegation to 12th in this first half season loaning only ayala. In his first full season he got us into the play off final spending less than 5mil.

Yep. Karanka success was based on shrewd signings BUT also an effective use of the loan system with likes of bamford, vossen, Fredericks, Gaston n Kalas to name a few. We need to make much better use of the loan market than we currently are given the financial constraints. 

A huge part of why we've struggled to score for the past however many season is this imo1457382500_part1.thumb.jpg.218f58c6f5915641b1f3be39dec8ddbf.jpg

335058091_part2.thumb.jpg.26249854326545fd5ecae2e3806459f0.jpg

Look how desperate their team is to get in the box and our midfield aren't even desperate to get back and defend never mind when it's the opposite situation

Also can someone please tell me what Johnson is doing for the 3rd goal? Friend comes out of defence to challenge for a header and tries to get back to cover himself, Johnson does neither...

I think its unfair to judge Warnock on these up and down results. Given how quock games are coming he getting very little time on training pitch in between games to really put his ideas across.

Given the current situation he is in he simply needs to do best he can but to judge him after 18 days at helm would be very premature imo.

2 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Maddo was saying he didn't think Spence looked right, does anyone think the same or did he just have ore of those games were he was 2nd best.

I don't think Spence was himself in the second half at Millwall after being hit in the face. To me he continued where he left off today which was very subdued.

1 minute ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I don't think Spence was himself in the second half at Millwall after being hit in the face. To me he continued where he left off today which was very subdued.

I was at work today so my comments are not based on what I have seen, but I think Warnock was maybe trying to toughen him up a bit.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

My point exactly when ever I talk to people about Karanka. His coaching improved players who were average and made them division leaders. Ayala, Clayton and Leadbitter as a pairing, Friend, Tomlin and Adomah all kicked on under us. 

• Like 1