oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City 1-3 (Assombalonga)

Well, who saw that coming then?

shock what GIF

Old Colin pulled one out of the bag at Millwall. A win in Saturday and you'd think we might be just about safe given the fixtures of the other teams around us.

Manager-less Bristol's play off hopes have gone up in smoke, so it will be interesting to see what kind of performance they put in against us - hopefully a crap one!

Some questions to consider.

Would you continue with a 3-5-2 system?

Do Britt and Fletcher have to be played together to be effective?

Warnock was spotted riding his bike in a viral video this week. Whats the most boring interaction you've had with a sportsperson/ celebrity?

(I once saw Carlos De Pena browsing the easy-peel oranges at M&S Teesside Park)

• Like 2
  • Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just leaving this here:

I feel like I have to keep pointing this out- karanka got us from relegation to 12th in this first half season loaning only ayala. In his first full season he got us into the play off final spending l

Who do you think you are kidding Bristol City, If you think the match is won? We are the boys who will stop your little game. We are the boys who will make you think again. 'Cause who do you t

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Well, who saw that coming then?

shock what GIF

Old Colin pulled one out if the bag at Millwall. A win in Saturday and you'd think we might be just about safe given the fixtures of the other teams around us.

Manager-less Bristol's play off hopes have gone up in smoke, so it will be interesting to see what kind of performance they put in against us - hopefully a crap one!

Some questions to consider.

Warnock was spotted riding his bike in a viral video this week. Whats the most boring interaction you've had with a sportsperson/ celebrity?

(I once saw Carlos De Pena browsing the easy-peel oranges at M&S Teesside Park)

Keep the system

Yes

Dom Joly watching a human statue in Covent Garden (I walked over and told him how brilliant I thought Trigger Happy TV was and he should bring it back, he seemed quite pleased.)

Keep the system.

Yes.

I met the old Reading captain Graeme Murty at my football awards show one year. Nice enough bloke. 

I'm still going with a 3-0 battering though.
(it worked last time).

• Like 1

After a win I think you need to keep the system.

Dont think they neccesarilly have to play together to be effective but they play better with a partner as whever we play without a pair we never seem to compensate by pushing the wingers and an ACM on to support them.

I met Mark Noble at a book signing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

1. Given the limitations of our squad, and the effectiveness of yesterday's performance, I absolutely would stick with wingbacks. I've always been a fan of the system, right back to the Robbo days.

2. Yes. They work well together, but neither can cut it as a lone striker. I'd gladly cut Britt loose post-season and bring in someone who could form an effective partnership with Fletcher.

3. I once met the Skindred singer Benji Webbe after a show. He's impossibly cool, and for the only time in my life, I was starstruck and couldn't think of anything to say. He'd probably forgotten about me before I'd walked away, but that encounter has haunted me for over a decade, thinking of all the cool-as things I could/should have said if my brain hadn't abandoned me.

Just now, RiseAgainst said:

1. Given the limitations of our squad, and the effectiveness of yesterday's performance, I absolutely would stick with wingbacks. I've always been a fan of the system, right back to the Robbo days.

2. Yes. They work well together, but neither can cut it as a lone striker. I'd gladly cut Britt loose post-season and bring in someone who could form an effective partnership with Fletcher.

3. After a show, I once met the Skindred singer Benji Webbe. He's impossibly cool, and for the only time in my life, I was starstruck and couldn't think of anything to say. He'd probably forgotten about me before I'd walked away, but that encounter has haunted me for over a decade, thinking of all the cool-as things I could/should have said if my brain hadn't abandoned me.

Dude isn't Benji Webbe just the coolest guy? God I love Skindred.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Dude isn't Benji Webbe just the coolest guy? God I love Skindred.

I don't want to derail the matchday thread by turning it into a Skindred appreciation thread, but the Newport Helicopter Benji orchestrated at Download last year was truly epic. If I ever meet him again, I'll give a better account of myself!

Back on topic, and it feels like such a luxury to be discussing the next game with hopes of a decent performance - and maybe even a result.

• Like 1

It worked for the last game so I am repeating the same for this match. Oh and I swear I had a small win on the lottery..  

I can’t honestly predict a draw or a win without feeling hypocritical. I am a empty vessel and sorry to say I simply have no faith or hope left in me. I think we will be lucky to pick up any points and it’s just a painful period until it’s official and the last nail is hammered into the coffin and we can officially go into mourning. 

I believe it’s terminal and it’s just a waiting game. 

From the mood of those I talk to there is not a soul who believes we can stay up. 

I hope as I do when I buy a lottery ticket but the chances of winning are probably the same. I’ll buy one tomorrow because if you're not in it you can’t win it. 

Keep the system. I have seen nothing from other systems to suggest it can get better. Briit and Fletcher need to start together as neither a lone striker types. They need a partner to play off. I think we will lose this one 0-2 as two good games in a row seems impossible. 

I once served Mikkel Beck in a restaurant. I was sporting a black eye after being attacked the night before on my way home. It was too busy so I didn't have a chance to ask him if Ravanelli really did make him cry.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

What was that about? I haven't heard that anecdote/rumour!

I can't remember the specifics, but iirc it was something to do with Rav being annoyed that most of the players weren't on his level and Beck got the brunt of his frustrations.

• Thanks 1

I'd definitely stick with the same team and formation, given we actually looked like we knew what we were doing against Millwall.

As usual only make changes for injuries, fatigue etc.

Bristol's season has been rather derailed since the restart, losing 4 out of 5 games. They managed to beat Hull at home last time out, but that wasn't exactly comfortable. Also have a negative goal difference, so their defence is leaky.

Clearly a club in a bit of turmoil and on paper it looks like a great chance to make it 2 wins on the bounce.

Trouble is, Boro have a bit of a track record of fluffing opportunities like this.

Head says we will find some way to blow this. Heart says we'll make it 2 out of 2. Prediction: Boro 1 - 0 Bristol.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1

Another win here and I reckon we'll be all but safe with the number of other teams struggling at the bottom. Bristol have been poor since the restart and have no manager (I hope Aitor doesn't take over before Saturday. I don't think I could take playing against him!). 2-1 Boro

Keep the formation, bring tav in for one if the midfielders if he's been training well.

I once saw Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond riding an 8 wheel buggy thing near Clarkson's lighthouse. We asked if we could take a picture. He said no. Miserable bugger. 

• Like 1

Their new manager would have to be appointed very quickly to actually have any impact at all, just over a day till kick-off and it's a long trip up here from Bristol, though  they'd probably fly.

They're already safe, so I reckon they'll wait till the end of the season so as not to risk giving the new manager a bad introduction without proper prep time.

I'd hope Warnock names an unchanged side, but he's the manager and knows far more than me.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 1