oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City 1-3 (Assombalonga)

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Don't get this line when it's trotted out, if they get 4 points and we get none, we're down.

People should just say we've got a better goal difference.

Yep so they need 4pts as we both seem to have said.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just leaving this here:

I feel like I have to keep pointing this out- karanka got us from relegation to 12th in this first half season loaning only ayala. In his first full season he got us into the play off final spending l

Who do you think you are kidding Bristol City, If you think the match is won? We are the boys who will stop your little game. We are the boys who will make you think again. 'Cause who do you t

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

The midfield was surrendered from the off Weimann in a 5 man midfield was the difference,I think

Too quick, Saville and McNair can't get anywhere near players who have a bit of pace, Warnock started off with a winning team but it was clear after the 1st 10 it wasn't going to work, we could hardly touch the ball.

Next set of fixtures

SUNDAY
Stoke v Birmingham

TUESDAY
Reading v Boro
Wigan v Hull
Luton v QPR
Sheff Wed v Hudds

WEDNESDAY
Bristol v Stoke
Birmingham v Charlton

Not being able to handle a team like Bristol City today isn’t what annoys me or puts us facing relegation... losing to Hull who have now had 1 win in 17 is more frustrating! 
I think Reading on Tuesday is our best chance of staying up out of the 3 remaining games and even then it’s against a more footballing side we tend to struggle with. 

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Do you actually think he offers anything in terms of threats? He runs the ball out of play at every opportunity. Dribble, dribble, dribble get into the box and lose your head. Very frustrating player and don’t make it other players fault. He is constantly going nowhere. 

I was mostly just GIF-responding to your Rip Torn quote.

But I do think he offers something we don't otherwise have. He's not a Premier League quality player by any means, he's not clinical enough but I'll also say he's had to do a lot of the work sometimes to get into the good positions he's found himself in. His best chances today haven't but generally speaking, he's worked himself into good shooting positions entirely of his own means. Just can't finish for toffee at the moment.

Mentioned before, when you have to do a lot of the work yourself, it's not entirely surprising that you don't get your head up and look for your team-mates as it wouldn't be the only time nobody is on his wave-length.

I think if Roberts had his shooting boots on, he'd have grabbed a few goals for us in the games since lockdown. But then that would be the difference between him being a good player and a great player.

• Like 3

Don't get this line when it's trotted out, if they get 4 points and we get none, we're down.

People should just say we've got a better goal difference.

Let's hope that missed penalty first game of the season doesn't come back to haunt us,  but wait it already is.

6 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

How table looks if Wigan 12 point deduction stands:

17. BORO 47pts (GD -13)
18. Huddersfield 47pts (GD -16)
19. Charlton 46pts (GD -11)
20. Stoke 46pts (played 1 less) (GD -12)
21. Hull 45pts (GD -18)
22. Luton 44pts (GD -30)
23. Barnsley 43pts (GD -21)
24. Wigan 42pts (GD -7)

3pts clear of Luton but really 4pts given they inferior goal difference.

Wednesday expecting between 12-21pts deduction shortly too, rumour has it. If it's full whack, they're completely done and dusted. If it's just the 12, it's just one more team in this fascinating dogfight where literally anyone could go down still with 3 games left. Brum, who Stoke play, aren't entirely out of the picture either, only 2 points ahead of us.

18 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

So tell me what hes actually done that is different from woodgate. Because I dont see it.

He hasn't done anything different because he can't except possibly training them in a different way to Woodgate and giving them different idea's (which are obviously not working). My granny would say "You cannot make a silk purse from a sow's ear",  and that team is shhitte and needs a complete revamp.

Anyways I reckon the only reason Boro are plummeting down the leagues is because of that bleeding commentator, what a jinx he as been.

Since Ali passed Boro have been crap and until we actually get a replacement that is more bothered about the Boro team than the opposition and of course that speaks better frigging English than that plonker with his "spanking this and spanking that". The guy really does my head in. 

Does he actually know what a spanking is, my old man would show him if he was alive today and it ain't kicking a ball up field I can tell yer.

Get rid of the commentator sign a new batch of players and Boro's game will improve I betcha.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I was mostly just GIF-responding to your Rip Torn quote.

But I do think he offers something we don't otherwise have. He's not a Premier League quality player by any means, he's not clinical enough but I'll also say he's had to do a lot of the work sometimes to get into the good positions he's found himself in. His best chances today haven't but generally speaking, he's worked himself into good shooting positions entirely of his own means. Just can't finish for toffee at the moment.

Mentioned before, when you have to do a lot of the work yourself, it's not entirely surprising that you don't get your head up and look for your team-mates as it wouldn't be the only time nobody is on his wave-length.

I think if Roberts had his shooting boots on, he'd have grabbed a few goals for us in the games since lockdown. But then that would be the difference between him being a good player and a great player.

The chance that he put over was with his wrong foot in fairness to him.  He could have squared it but one v one with a keeper I can kinda understand a player shooting.  Even more so as he's clearly desperate to score a goal, maybe that's part of the issue?

friend, fry and clayton have completely lost all thier form and good qualities this season, add that to the sheer nothingness that saville mc nair ,wing, johnson, and britt offer game in game out and you got a bad situation. on top of that gibson deteriorates in his fundamental responsibilities   each year and we trusted woodgate with a job he was /is nowhere near adequate to undertake and then saddles himself or is saddled with novice sidekicks. its sheer lunacy and we deserve what has transpired thanks to horrendous preperation and inadequate tools to work with. we need help cos we arent capable of doing it for ourselves. so our survival is down purely to others poor results in my mind. 

2 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

Let's hope that missed penalty first game of the season doesn't come back to haunt us,  but wait it already is.

The 92nd minute Hull winner is the kicker.

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I’d play Tav over mcnair next game. He’s looked decent when coming off the bench

So would I, if your trying to win a game you need a midfielder who isn't frightened to shoot or get in the box and that's Tav. 

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

But your argument was that they were all rubbish so wouldn’t pick up enough points to surpass us. So if they were playing the top 6 they’d lose them all. By playing each other, at least a number of them will pick up points. Looking at it now, I’d nearly be certain that we will need to pick up one more win to be safe. And I’m struggling to see us to that. 

ok look at this way, there are 6 teams below us, if they all play each other only 3 sides can pick up maximum points. if they dont play each other theres still the potential for all 6 teams to pick up maximum points. 

my point about them being rubbish and picking up points still stands imo and is dosent matter that they play each other as i stated above, one team always loses out, or in a draw senario they both lose out. theres only 3 games left so with teams below us playing each other we state with certainty that they cant all pick up maximum points which has to work in favour. 

agree one more win is needed, but look at other sides around and there form is worse, charlton no win in 4 lost 3 in a row,  stoke 1 win in 5 losing 3 and play forrest brentford and bristol in run in. Huddersfield no win in 3, havnt scored in any of those game and play sheff wed, wba and millwall in run in.  

my ultimate point is there 6 teams below us and we just need to be better than 3 of them. and were in good postion with a 4 point gap on barnsley, 3 on luton and 2 on hull with better goal difference than all 3. also wigan look likley to get a 12 point deduction which send them bottom. 

Just a bug bear line for me, I guess.

Haha i am saying 4pts as opposed to 3pts plus better goal difference because former brings more comfort. And right now that is in short supply as a boro fan.

We need to turn up v Reading. They are now mathematically safe but it makes little difference as we just dont know which boro will turn up. So annoying.