oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bristol City 1-3 (Assombalonga)

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

The chance that he put over was with his wrong foot in fairness to him.  He could have squared it but one v one with a keeper I can kinda understand a player shooting.  Even more so as he's clearly desperate to score a goal, maybe that's part of the issue?

Yeah his first chance I gave him the benefit of the doubt, the lad's all left-foot clearly. I was more thinking of the one after. Maybe defender would have blocked the pass too but Wing was completely free in the middle waiting for it.

But like you say, he's facing goal, if he wastes a pass everyone just complains that he didn't get his shot off so I can definitely understand why he has a go.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just leaving this here:

I feel like I have to keep pointing this out- karanka got us from relegation to 12th in this first half season loaning only ayala. In his first full season he got us into the play off final spending l

Who do you think you are kidding Bristol City, If you think the match is won? We are the boys who will stop your little game. We are the boys who will make you think again. 'Cause who do you t

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I was mostly just GIF-responding to your Rip Torn quote.

But I do think he offers something we don't otherwise have. He's not a Premier League quality player by any means, he's not clinical enough but I'll also say he's had to do a lot of the work sometimes to get into the good positions he's found himself in. His best chances today haven't but generally speaking, he's worked himself into good shooting positions entirely of his own means. Just can't finish for toffee at the moment.

Mentioned before, when you have to do a lot of the work yourself, it's not entirely surprising that you don't get your head up and look for your team-mates as it wouldn't be the only time nobody is on his wave-length.

I think if Roberts had his shooting boots on, he'd have grabbed a few goals for us in the games since lockdown. But then that would be the difference between him being a good player and a great player.

With a team/squad so devoid of any attacking threat/flair, for me Roberts offers enough to start every game until the end of season now. 

4 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

With a team/squad so devoid of any attacking threat/flair, for me Roberts offers enough to start every game until the end of season now. 

I'd play Roberts, he's finishing is poor, but he has that ability to go past players and  get into the box and draw a foul or a challenge and that's a threat to any defender and who knows he might just fire one.

• Like 1

If you're playing moneyball then I think Wing, Tav and Roberts or Fletch all start

Pears

Spence

Fry

Shotton / Moukoudi

Coulson 

Howson

McNair

Tav

Wing

Fletcher/ Roberts

Britt

4231 viva la Karanka

29 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

So tell me what hes actually done that is different from woodgate. Because I dont see it.

You take away that Qpr game I think hes made us more intense, got rid of Guestede who could barely be arsed to play and was bad influence on the squad, got us to win away from home and made us more direct which creates more chances even if we dont take them. I dont think by any means that we have improved technically but thats the squad we have and the fact weve been coached so badly for 9 months, probably take a summer to undo that damage. 

2 minutes ago, TheJew said:

If you're playing moneyball then I think Wing, Tav and Roberts or Fletch all start

Pears

Spence

Fry

Shotton / Moukoudi

Coulson 

Howson

McNair

Tav

Wing

Fletcher/ Roberts

Britt

4231 viva la Karanka

More chance of playing rush keeper than Friend getting dropped.

1 minute ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Maddo was saying he didn't think Spence looked right, does anyone think the same or did he just have ore of those games were he was 2nd best.

He was much quieter today.

Not sure whether that's because we were playing a better team or because of burnout/his nose.

24 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The 92nd minute Hull winner is the kicker.

We'd be 4 points off Luton and 5 ahead of the drop zone if we could just simply have defended that free kick at Hull, we only have ourselves to blame for this going as close to the wire as it is.

6 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Pears

Spence

Fry

Shotton / Moukoudi

Coulson 

Howson

McNair

Tav

Wing

Fletcher/ Roberts

Britt

4231 viva la Karanka

Please tell me what Wing offers? He's Middlesbrough's Mesut Ozil?

A luxury player with limited ability. Yes he's got a good shot on him, but the game just constantly goes by him and it's like playing with 10 men with him.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

He was much quieter today.

Not sure whether that's because we were playing a better team or because of burnout/his nose.

Matybe Bristol done their homework, at times they doubled up on him, or like you say maybe a bit knackered not sure either.

38 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

That's not how it works.

They'd just be relegated later if the appeal dragged on.

Might depend on when the next season starts and how long the appeal takes.

5 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Sadly, I watch the games with the sound down so I won't be able to hear you.  I want to have as realistic a Riverside experience as possible so that means sitting in silence with an underlying seething rage and befuddled bemusement about what I'm being forced to watch.

Also, and this point can't be stressed enough, you're weird.

Have to agree looked at the small print on my supposed time machine and noticed it stated it was a dream machine!

• Haha 1