oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

7 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Djed Spence is increasingly being linked with a move away to the PL. What would people want for him? I think £10m or above and its a good deal (with the standard sell on clause that are inserted these days)

Sell at that price, with a sell on clause.

He's been decent in a number of games going forwards, but I think he's largely looked better than he is because we've been so poor. Absolutely nothing special defensively.

No real ties to the area and he's already had an attitude issue under Woodgate.

We're only just avoiding relegation as it stands, and he's only been good in parts, so I don't think it's the same as the Traore situation where he was far and away our best player and could have been the difference in a promotion push.

• Like 3
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Djed Spence is increasingly being linked with a move away to the PL. What would people want for him? I think £10m or above and its a good deal (with the standard sell on clause that are inserted these days)

depends on who we sell to, lower prem £10+ with a sell on clause upper prem as much up front as possible, incase he never makes it.

41 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He's been decent in a number of games going forwards, but I think he's largely looked better than he is because we've been so poor. Absolutely nothing special defensively.

We're only just avoiding relegation as it stands, and he's only been good in parts, so I don't think it's the same as the Traore situation where he was far and away our best player and could have been the difference in a promotion push.

I cant believe it. Talking about selling one of our few young exciting prospects. Give over. We will have plenty of gaps in the squad to fill as it is.

We will snap anyone’s hands off for 10 million and will probably sell for much less. Good prospect but that’s a lot of money and we already have Dijksteel to take the position. 

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We will snap anyone’s hands off for 10 million and will probably sell for much less. Good prospect but that’s a lot of money and we already have Dijksteel to take the position. 

I honestly disagree. I don't think we want to sell Djed and it would take a silly bid for us to do so. 10m IMO is getting into silly bid territory, so I wouldn't be surprised, but I don't think we'll sell for "much less".

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

I honestly disagree. I don't think we want to sell Djed and it would take a silly bid for us to do so. 10m IMO is getting into silly bid territory, so I wouldn't be surprised, but I don't think we'll sell for "much less".

Well I hope you are right because I like to watch him. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Well I hope you are right because I like to watch him. 

I dont want him sold either and there are others to make some money on ie McNair/Saville/Fry who would be eaier to replace and less talented. However if the starting price was 10 million plus then i dont think it could be turned down. I dont think though the offers would be close to that anyway.

1 hour ago, nunthorpered said:

I think we need some experienced heads in. Hard to do but need to import a captain 

Definitely need a talker. Despite our plethora of centre mids we need something different in there. Our midfield combinations have been mediocre at best the past few seasons. 

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Couldn't of put it better myself

Seems way too early to consider cashing in on spence. 10 mil is a lot obviously but if he keeps yo the same standard through next season we should be able to get a huge fee for him.

Unpopular opinion: Spence is severely overrated 😬

£10million?! What’s he genuinely done to warrant such a fee. Last few games he’s been completely anonymous. Can’t defend either, and looks to have lapses in concentration all the time. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

He's good and has a lot of potential.. but is he so good a skint Champo team can turn down 10+ mil? No.. And I'd trust Warnock to bring in 3-4 good value players in return.

Looking at warnocks dealings last summer I wouldn't be so sure.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)