oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Don't have a fear of foreign talent, I just don't believe we're in a position to give them time to adapt. We need players that are familiar with this league and who know what to expect.

Costs money that mate. Bargains are abroad. No doubt we should be able to bring in a couple though. I agree with familiarity. Need a bit of both 

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Costs money that mate. Bargains are abroad. No doubt we should be able to bring in a couple though. I agree with familiarity. Need a bit of both 

Agreed - re bargains are abroad - I know we can't compete with Celtic because they can offer European football every season, but their model of picking people from Norway and Holland [to name two leagues] seems to work very well if you look at some of their successes.

10 hours ago, Borodane said:

Yeah we really should have bought domestically for the past few seasons. Who knows where we might have been now. 

Ah yes, look at the likes of Brentford (comfortably in third place) and Millwall (just outside the playoff spots) with their squads of international superstars

Edited by Denzel Zanzibar
8 hours ago, Weasel said:

We should definitely be looking into Scandinavian players. Look how it's worked at Brentford, plus they adapt to the country a lot faster.

But do they on forums?😄

• Haha 1

There's a few interesting options on that Free Agent list. Some solid Championship players.

Irvine and Stewart, though both in a position we're overstocked in already. 

Chris Martin - contributed to 16 goals this season, and always known where the goal is at this level. 31 though, so you'd only want a 1 year deal. 

Niclas Eliasson - Natural width. 12 assists this season.

Mike Van Der Hoorn - Has 'Warnock' written all over him. 

Then there's players like Kebano & Toral who've been great previously, but not had the opportunities this season. Would add competition in the AM positions, which we desperately need. 

35 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

There's a few interesting options on that Free Agent list. Some solid Championship players.

Irvine and Stewart, though both in a position we're overstocked in already. 

Chris Martin - contributed to 16 goals this season, and always known where the goal is at this level. 31 though, so you'd only want a 1 year deal. 

Niclas Eliasson - Natural width. 12 assists this season.

Mike Van Der Hoorn - Has 'Warnock' written all over him. 

Then there's players like Kebano & Toral who've been great previously, but not had the opportunities this season. Would add competition in the AM positions, which we desperately need. 

We've been linked with Van Der Hoorn before, haven't we?

@Snowblind I think Eliasson contract has been extended by Bristol.

I think Martin is the type of player Warnock wants but probably someone with his size and a bit more pace. I mentioned Kenneth Zohore if WBA dont go up.

Van Der Hoorn i mentioned other evening. 27years of age and very good at this level. However, Swansea cant keep him as he on a PL wage and i very much doubt we can afford to offer him what he looking for.

Warnock said he feels we need 5 or 6 players this summer btw. In the Northern Echo this morning.

in terms of decent left backs we were linked with Morgan Fox of Sheff Wed earlier in the summer and I would like a proper left back and not a left wing back etc. Someone like George in his prime would be excellent and Fox seems he could be that man

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Warnock said he feels we need 5 or 6 players this summer btw. In the Northern Echo this morning.

in terms of decent left backs we were linked with Morgan Fox of Sheff Wed earlier in the summer and I would like a proper left back and not a left wing back etc. Someone like George in his prime would be excellent and Fox seems he could be that man

I think he may be playing it down saying 5 or 6 to be honest, but he would hardly say 9 or 10 and make us look as desperate. Anyway time will tell(not much time) though.

Just read Morgan Fox rejected a new deal at Sheff Wed and will be leaving this summer. Fingers crossed we get him but I think some lower end PL teams as well as top end Championship teams were linked with him

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Just read Morgan Fox rejected a new deal at Sheff Wed and will be leaving this summer. Fingers crossed we get him but I think some lower end PL teams as well as top end Championship teams were linked with him

Cant recall seeing him. Is he any good?

This summer window will be one of the biggest we've had for a while regarding the amount of ins and outs, what concerns me is that we could be wasting a massive opportunity to mould this team into the high press attacking team we were promised by handing the reins over to Warnock.

I like Warnock and he's saved us from definite relegation but I just don't believe he's the right man to take us forward 

@thatoldchestnut. I personally think Warnock predictions of 5 or 6 new players is right if it is based on no one but the out of contract/loan players leaving. Our issue this season has not been size of the squad but the in-balance of the squad.

He seems very highly rated does Morgan Fox based on reading Sheff Wed forum and they local newspaper it seems they all love him. And given clubs he been linked I will assume he a very good championship left back so on that basis I will take him.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Ah yes, look at the likes of Brentford (comfortably in third place) and Millwall (just outside the playoff spots) with their squads of international superstars

I have no idea what you are trying to say here? Millwall will never go anywhere because they have to rely on relatively poor domestic players and Brentford play the best football in the league, have progressed steadily and is filled with foreign talent that haven’t cost them a bundle. Their midfield pair of Jensen and Nørgaard have cost them less than a single McNair and half a Saville. Dalsgaard at RB is an international player that cost them almost nothing compared to someone like Shotton. And what did Benhrama cost compared to he domestically experienced super strikers like Britt and Gestede that cost us 21 million and 70k a week in wages. Players with experience from this league has only taken us backwards. 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)