oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

17 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Any word on if Roberts will be back next season? He didn't play a part last night, did he? Other than being on the bench?

I was worried he'd return to Celtic (my neighbours are Celtic fans and rave about him), but they've pretty much filled his position with a player whose surname I'm not even going to attempt to spell. Warnock loves Roberts too, so we'll probably have to wait and see who becomes our next manager before we can try and extend loan signings.

Despite the inevitable rough edges, Roberts has the potential to be the best playmaker at the club since Gaston, so I really hope we keep him.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I mean I do think we need a new striker because Britt has to be sold and at 2 million Moore wouldn't break the bank as his replacement but to get the best out of Moore you need pace around him so here's hoping second on the list of priorities for Warnock is bringing in 2 pacey widemen. The words obviously got out today that Warnock wants him badly if our only competition is QPR and Millwall it seems very doable in my opinion if we don't get him I'd go for Cosgrove.

We really need to focus on LB, CB and CM this summer. As if we stop gifting cheap goals to teams we have a shot at the playoffs next season. Also need a winger to come in. 

I’ve mainly been a lurker this year on the forum but enjoy reading the different views and opinions, of which there are many. I hope to get involved more and contribute from here on in!

Boro contracts up for discussion

Judging by the article above posted on the offy, I’d expect one or both of George and Marvin to be offered new contracts on reduced terms as squad players. If they weren’t going to be then it would have been an opportunity to announce their departure as they have with Clayton and the others that have left.

It’s quite unlike us to push a story out like that before a decision has been made on their future.

• Like 5
33 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

We really need to focus on LB, CB and CM this summer. As if we stop gifting cheap goals to teams we have a shot at the playoffs next season. Also need a winger to come in. 

Yes, we need to replace LB and CB, but it's not cheap goals or defence that's been our issue. It's scoring goals. 

2 minutes ago, macapes said:

Yes, we need to replace LB and CB, but it's not cheap goals or defence that's been our issue. It's scoring goals. 

Yes but we need to build from a solid foundation of a side that keeps clean sheets.

• Like 1
Just now, Barnaby said:

Following up on a transfer rumour we were looking at Keifer Moore on Wikipedia it said he plays for Middlesbrough...Anyone know anything 

just means some joker has edited wiki again. Nothing concrete in it yet.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Where has he said he wants to play 433? I thought he liked fullbacks who primarily defend, and under 433 the fullbacks push up.  Or am I mistaken?

He mentioned it in his post-match press conference last night. He also played that system throughout his time at Cardiff. Note that just because it's a 4-3-3 it doesn't mean the full-backs need to push up. There was a vid on his tactical set-up at Cardiff I watched a couple of weeks ago here:

2 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Dowell from Everton as part of the Fry deal?.... just saying

Sorry, I'd missed that one. Are Everton honestly interested in Dael after the season he's had?

Don't get me wrong, he still has potential, but he's had a bad season even by Championship CB standards. I'd expect some reputation rebuilding to be required before the likes of Everton would make a bid.

3 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Sorry, I'd missed that one. Are Everton honestly interested in Dael after the season he's had?

Don't get me wrong, he still has potential, but he's had a bad season even by Championship CB standards. I'd expect some reputation rebuilding to be required before the likes of Everton would make a bid.

apparently they've asked to kept informed

• Wow 1
14 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

If we're looking at Wigan players, in order of preference:

Kipre > Morsy > Dunkley

Not bothered by any of their forward line, barring Dowell who isn't there's. 

Kipre has been on the scouting radar for some while, we were monitoring him when he was playing for Motherwell.

I really hope we follow up that interest, but lots of Premier League clubs have been looking at him recently.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)